• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox From Melee To Brawl

_X_

Smash Lord
Nothing much has changed for our fairy friend here.

Most of his move sets appear to be the same motions as Melee ie. Up Smash.

Although Fox appears, at first demo's glance to be 'smacked upside the head with the "Nerf bat"' he is still, a noted "speed character" and will be play accordingly.

The balancing of the characters leaves opportunity for plays to expand their around game and close the gap between Low tier and High Tier.

Mind games seem to have become far more prominent in the newest Smash brothers installment and Fox will not be left behind if the Smash Boards Fox community has anything to say about it.

Special Move Set

Neutral B - Blaster: Although nerf'd in the demo I feel the blaster, now given the ability to short hop TRIPLE laser, will be a key role in his 'lure and punish' mind game strategies.

Horizontal B - Fox Illusion: Used almost exclusively for recovery in Melee this move appears to be powered up, at least in speed. From what I could tell it does come out much faster.

Up B - Fire Fox: Also used majority for recovery I don't think Fire Fox has changed much other than a dose of UBER PIMPAGE on the aesthetic level... owww it's so pretty... And, with this, Fox has Teh fire and no amount of brain bludgeoning with the nerf bat can take that away from him.

Down B - Reflector/Shine
: The fastest move in Melee and it does not look like Brawl is much of an exception. The move designed for protection was ironically used as one of his most deadly techniques. It was summoned for combos and kills, it was flawless. Will it remain that way?

Discuss Fox's change from Melee to Brawl from all that you've seen and experienced.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you still can do the short version of the Fox Illusion by tapping B.

GOTM

Smash Champion
if he is still fast, i doubt he will be that bad.

look at all the characters in melee and ssb64. if they were somewhat fast, or they could be made fast with practice, they were good.

also, look at luigi now. people are beginning to make him faster as everyone learns new techniques, and his tiers are arguably lower than they should be. if fox stays fast, he'll stay good. maybe not top tier good, but i say atleast high mid to high.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I hope fox is as good as he was in melee in brawl cuz he's my favorite character

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ugh
ugh
ugh
ugh
ugh

you cant possibly imagine how much this topic bothers me

brawl is NOT is NOT is NOT is NOT super smash bros melee 2

it plays almost NOTHING LIKE MELEE AT ALL. Fox is DRASTICALLY different from melee fox in almost every aspect of gameplay, on the surface he appears similar, but it is hardly ANYTHING alike at all

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
How he is different or alike can also depend on the amount of change to the characters around, if that may make any sense or I'm just babbling.
Obviously Brawl will be different, and Fox will naturally be different especially by all his attention, it's just comparing what we've seen.
And then just making assumptions, that's about all we can do right now.

Personally, I'm still using him whether or not he is "bad".

This strikes me as a SSB64 on a larger scale, in some strange way.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Well, I meant something else...we're pretty much working with what we have. That would be our current knowledge, SSB64 and SSBM.
That's what we can compare it too, which we are, and then we're just working on that to make opinions.
So don't get worked up just yet. Nobody can explain it, really, if they could, we wouldn't have these topics. Tell us what you know, and what's different. We can work from there, yeah?

But then again, that's just me. We gotta keep it nice n' slow though. Nothing's in concrete, nothing said now will be.
:chuckle:

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
I feel like they almost expect us to use the reflector shield in the same manner we do in Melee. It's still really fast. It's virtually a flash of light unless you hold the reflector down. You don't need to jump out of it to continue presuit, and you can still shine spike. If they really didn't want us to use it that way then they would have made the reflector have bad start up lag or something.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I just wonder if Fox is now really a lightweight.

Not like that lie in Melee... >_>

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Good point. Maybe the floatly nature of the game will make him a light weight. =/ hard to say.
I also mean the fact of him being a target to send flying... at least easier than in Melee.

Dreadful28

Smash Rookie
Foxes body is more detailed but his face is not
His face in melee is far more detailed then in bRAWL
Not that he looks ugly or anything he still looks awsome

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Fox is modelled after the StarFox Command model which takes a more cartoony family style. Even though he still looks cool I wish they would take a more mature style with the starfox series. Melee Fox is easily the most timeless of all the styles he's gone though.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I prefer Star Fox's Melee appearance over his Brawl one. In his Melee appearance, you could look into the mad fox's eyes and tell that he meant war. Anyone who was running across the same stage as Star Fox had better keep an eye on their rear end or Fox might kick it down.

Fox's Brawl incarnation gives him a more playful appearance. One that may be geared towards a more family environment. Not that the Melee Star Fox didn't accompish that, mind you.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Imagine, if you will, Melee Fox:

Now, he's all up and coming, the best of the best for nearly 7 years. Then, he gets beaten to a pulp with the nerf bat, gets dissected, and has a ******** drunken Pichu in control of his every move.

That description will be our furry friend in Brawl. =(

Top Bottom