• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Match-Up General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
thats fine.

but really, as i heard samboner once say, fox does well against around half the cast, and thats extremely true

with the other half, its an upward climb

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And then there's Pikachu and Sheik, lol.

Also, I can't stop looking at my matchup index, it's so PWETTEH ;~;

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
thought of another good reason to decide a matchup number fairly quickly. then discuss more in-depth...

I can't count the nuimber of times somebody has brough up an old discussion just after it ended, to argue a matchup ratio... this would give them a chance to argue the ratio that has been in place...

Like... I really don't think it should have two distinct phases, necessarily... but I think after a week, an early ratio judgment SHOULD be made... just to let every switch their focus, and have an idea how the debate is heading.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So... I've talked with Phil, who is responsible for the Matchup-threads in the Lucario boards, and he said that usually, they just discuss 2 matchups at a time and once the discussion has died down and the participants have found a compromise, they decide on the ratio and do the summary.

Furthermore, I still haven't gotten any feedback as to:
- How many discussions at once (2? 3?)
- How long we will have the discussion going on (Without time limit? 2 weeks?)
- How we are going to do the characters (By tier list? By character rankings? By what we decide upon/randomly?)

Please, that is just as important as the ratios - in fact the ratios are less important than this. :p

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So... I've talked with Phil, who is responsible for the Matchup-threads in the Lucario boards, and he said that usually, they just discuss 2 matchups at a time and once the discussion has died down and the participants have found a compromise, they decide on the ratio and do the summary.

Furthermore, I still haven't gotten any feedback as to:
- How many discussions at once (2? 3?)
- How long we will have the discussion going on (Without time limit? 2 weeks?)
- How we are going to do the characters (By tier list? By character rankings? By what we decide upon/randomly?)

Please, that is just as important as the ratios - in fact the ratios are less important than this. :p
well...since you asked so nicely...

2 discussions would be very good... 3 might get a bit tough to keep track of, and since the posts are usually pretty long, it's harder to have the time for 3

We should definitely have a limit on the timeframe for discussion... unless some huge debate goes on, and we feel we have to extend it... that wouldn't be terrible... 2 weeks or so sounds pretty good, actually... might take a while, but at least it'd give everybody a chance to talk... in the same way as the it could be extended... if the conversation just died, we could always end one early..

Tier list would be fine... Use that, basically, and if a specific matchup needs discussion, then we could touch on that...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I would've gone by the character rankings - matchups you'll see more often would get talked about earlier, etc.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I would've gone by the character rankings - matchups you'll see more often would get talked about earlier, etc.
do it, then. lol... really, I don't know that it matters too much, as long as the higher characters are touched on first...

Like, I don't exactly want to see a Mario discussion for a while. lol

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I like character rankings the best. Let's go with that.

And then maybe if we hit someone nobody wants to discuss I wouldn't mind choosing someone else at random. I want to see the little color-coded chart on the OP fill up all over the place, instead of in just one designated area.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
been out of action for the past month or so, can anyone recap what I've missed? or maybe the just the important bits. lol

Major necro.... but theres nowhere else to post... I have an idea, the match up index will now be the place where you ask for discussions, this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom