• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.: Fox Movement Tricks :. All Mindgames and Flashy Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin Noob

Smash Rookie
Ronin Noob's First Post - Is it a D()()ZY?

I have discovered a move combination that I have not seen on this forum that I would like to add. I call it the Super Shine Spike.

**As of yet, I have only been able to perform this move near an edge, and only with Fox. However, it stands to reason that it can be done with Falco as well, Fox being his clone.**

Super Shine Spike
: As Fox, stand near an edge (within about Fox's shoulder width from it) and grab someone. Now perform a Downward Throw, comboed with a Shine. If done correctly, the enemy should plummet (even through some thin ground patches) straight down to the bottom of the screen for an instant K.O., even at 0% damage. It is amazingly hard to recover from this.

Completely (nearly) unrelated, I would like some help learning advanced moves for SSBM. I recently realized that I was nowhere near the level of gaming that I thought I was. I've mastered SSBM in my level of gaming, being able to get over 20 K.O.s on Cruel Melee without taking any damage, being able to do 15-Minute Melee only sustaining 32% damage, taking out enemies using only one move for the entire battle, taking out level 9's no problem, that sort of thing. But I am nothing compared the the Wavedashers and Shine-drillers and Tech-ers of today. Therefore, I wish to climb to the next level, to become a more advanced player. I want to improve myself. I need help. My email is akiratoriyamu141@yahoo.com, and I will be very grateful for any advice you may have. Thank you.

As a side note, I've mastered Ness, Zelda, Sheik, Pikachu, and Marth on my level. But I'm really interested in learning second tier moves for Fox/Falco. However, moves for anyone would help me understand the game better. Again, thank you.

Ronin Noob

Smash Rookie
Update on Super Shine Spike:

It can only be done when one of Fox/Falco's feet is off of the stage.

In other words, at the very edge of the arena.

I reiterate - THE VERY EDGE.

Otherwise, the move will simply be a Grab-DThrow-Shine combo.

-RoNo

Doval

Smash Lord
Hate to break it to you, but the "Super Shine Spike" is old, and when it works the Shine never touches the person (it's the throw that kills you.) Also, it can be DI'd inwards so you don't get launched off the stage, or teched.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Ronin Noob

You take yourself pretty seriously for someone who doesn't even know how to wavedash, L-cancel, or tech. Relax, read the guides, watch some videos. Go to the Regional Zones board and find people in your area to play with; it's the only way to truly improve.

Or if you're that dedicated, you can sign up for the Newlyweds training that Husband keeps plugging.

JFox

Smash Hero
This "Super Shine Spike" is ridiculous. Ever notice they never get hit by the shine? Ever try not shining after the Dthrow?

Its easy to Di, tech, AND can be meteor cancelled. its hard to set up, and is to easy to get out of. Also it doesn't even work on all characters. No good.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
JFox said:
This "Super Shine Spike" is ridiculous. Ever notice they never get hit by the shine? Ever try not shining after the Dthrow?

Its easy to Di, tech, AND can be meteor cancelled. its hard to set up, and is to easy to get out of. Also it doesn't even work on all characters. No good.
Yep. Only use is vs CPUs and n00bs.
I don't play CPUs and n00bs I'd rather try to double shinespike :chuckle:

Ronin Noob

Smash Rookie
*cry*

Well, it works on occasion. Players are still human. And I find that the shine is just insurance. It usually will knock them off the edge sideways if it doesn't throw them striaght down.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
JFox said:
Just curious Dalal, you still checking this thread at all?
I come and check out SmashBoards every now and then. The last time I looked at this thread was probably 3 or 4 months ago. I was surprised to see it on the front page today, so I decided to see what's going on, to see if there are any new moves or anything.

Just in case anybody's interested, I uploaded my Fox Movement Tricks video to YouTube. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTJomi1zLA&search=fox%20movement

See ya later!

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Dalal said:
I come and check out SmashBoards every now and then. The last time I looked at this thread was probably 3 or 4 months ago. I was surprised to see it on the front page today, so I decided to see what's going on, to see if there are any new moves or anything.

Just in case anybody's interested, I uploaded my Fox Movement Tricks video to YouTube. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTJomi1zLA&search=fox%20movement

See ya later!
nice man i liked it, i thought u were gonna shoe fox trotting in there to. ahh well i still liked the video.

DevanTheMan

Smash Rookie
Dalal,

Your techniques are nutz and i watched you video, but i don't understand how to do them like for instince, the wavelanding and the wave dashing and the flip side. Do you think you can try to tell me the buttons to push for them cause i tried for 2 hours last night lol and still can't get it. Please help me, I'm confused!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Read the first post on the first page carefully. He explains everything with detail for the most part. Don't expect to get everything on the first try. Practice practice practice...

Eaode

Smash Champion
Here's one,

Short-hop Laser Dash
Haven't tested this out yet, I will once I'm done posting it, but I just thought of this. It's done by shorthopping and immediately pressing B to fire the laser, making your opponent think you are going to SHDL, but only fire ONE laser. Before you hit the ground you just waveland towards them, or away if you like. Follow this with your method of choice, waveshine, maybe a SHFFL'ed nair. You could probably do this backwards too, for a bair, shine off the edge, or a flashy edgehog.

EDIT: Scratch this. I just tested it, doesn't work. Fox doesn't get out of his laser animation soon enough. you could still probably do this out of a full jump or falling from something, but that's very situational and not really worth it. ****, it'd be awesome if it worked.

shinefox

Smash Cadet
ive got a little technique that i didnt see posted. please correct me if this technique is already listed; make me feel dumb. for this thread's sake, i'll call it the....

Shine Hop -

i do one short hop onto the opponent, use the shine, and knock them a ways across the stage. right after the shine, i hop directly out of the shine and onto the opponent again, and shine them a second time. it works fairly well.

lemme know if it's a good method or not, or if im just a sucky guy. :p

windwaker

Smash Rookie
that is one of the best post i have ever read thx to u i can finally wavedash and thx for the tip on the infinate fox fire stall

Dalal

Smash Ace
I updated the first page to include some of the tricks people suggested . . .

Hey shinefox, waveshining is actually better, I think. When you jump out of your shine, you can't travel near the distance you get out of a waveshine, although before I learned anything advanced with Fox I was always using the technique you mentioned, lol.

Thanks windwaker!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Hey Dalal no time no see!

About the LH3L I now recomend it to do it out of the shine.

Simply Hang on edge, shine, JC by tapping up the J-stick, spam B(after letting go the J-stick)
DI to edge after firing the 1st Laser.

I think this is much easier.

About platform slipping, I made up the name.

Here's another tech, Ledge laser re-grab(LLRG)
It's to ledge hop fire 1 laser so fast that you will put away the blaster and be able to hang again like some sort of fake out, like if you intended to penetrate to the stage but grabbed again the edge after firing one laser. Also works with Falco.

...........later

SirDenzel

Smash Rookie
Flarefox said:
This is great information to compile, Dalal. You've pretty much summed up most of my favorite fox tricks for approaching someone(sh-waveland backwards <3). Only one thing, though. You may want to include crouch-cancelling as one of the movement tricks. CC'ing is a great way to cancel out a dash animation into any ground attack that you would like. Also, fox-trotting would not be a bad thing to mention(repeating the initial dash animation to make fox move faster. Can be paired with wd'ing for super speed, or used like dd'ing for a change in tempo).

Great post Dalal. I'm now in your fan club.

the image under this comment of fox doing the reflectodash but never turning around, how do you do that?

Abuani

Smash Apprentice
Heres a sweet trick I've seen some fox players use, It's a combination of 2 of the tricks listed up there already, I guess it would be called a Short Illusion fake out

While hanging on the ledge do a Walljump followed by an illusion, but cancel the illusion as early as possible and youll fall back on the ledge instead of on the stage, or just barely back on the stage if you DI towards it. If the oppenent is expecting the regular illusion they have most likely backed up in anticipation hopeing to catch you at the end of it. It can be used both as a mind game and a way to show off considering it looks pretty cool.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Wave sheilding:

This works with all characters but I'll just post an easier way to do it.
For example if you use the R-Block to air-dodge on your wavedash then I recommend to everyone that it will be much easier to Hold the shield with the L-Block So you can wavedash more freely on the right part of the controller and leave the shielding for the L-block because you'll have more control with the sheild (the size you'll like to have) and have the shield appear between WD'es. It's very flashy, and you get some protection between WD's.

Fastest way to edgehog:

1.Dash to the end of the stage.
2.Before reaching the end of the stage Shorthop.
3.And shoot a reverse laser or backland to Face the stage while moving to the edge.
4.Land right before the edge and if you did it correctly, you'll slide off the edge and edgehog.

I also want all of you to know that the dash and running animation can be Taunt canceled so you can think on some annoying $hit with that. Imaging dash dancing like mad and suddenly Fox leans back and says C'mon!

........later

EDIT: Dalal, Most of the techs posted in this thread can also work with Falky.
So maybe you can put between parenthesis next to the techs that apply to Falco this: (A2F) Applies to Falco or (Wof2) Worx on Falco too!

Dalal

Smash Ace
Thanks for the Falco idea krazyzyko. Since most of the tricks here can be performed by Falco, I'll place a small tag next to each of the tricks that ONLY FOX can perform. Problem is, I don't know which ones are only Fox tricks. You guys could help me out though...

krazyzyko said:
Fastest way to edgehog:

1.Dash to the end of the stage.
2.Before reaching the end of the stage Shorthop.
3.And shoot a reverse laser or backland to Face the stage while moving to the edge.
4.Land right before the edge and if you did it correctly, you'll slide off the edge and edgehog.
Actually from far away, the fastest way to get onto the edge was found out by Doraki, you Jump and immediately side B, ledge cancel it and dash awya from the ledge to turn arouns then immediately WD onto the ledge. but from a closer range, it doesnt get any faster than what you said. ^^
You should also add reverse walljumping, shining out of shield and isai dropping, unless you have these on your list dalal, i dont wanna check right now, lol. after i look at your list, ill have a few things to add im sure. like turn canceling, have you ever heard of that? it works with all chars though. you can turn cancel shine, turn cancel grab, LOL. those are useless though, haha.
EDIT: okay, i saw you added reverse walljumping already, but shine out of shield!? jc shine from shield and comboing from it is too good. you should add in retreating shine shdls, LOL. if you watch my new vid (not out yet) you'll see that in the intro like 10 times in a row. you dont NEED to add that one, its pointless. turn cancelling is basically jumping during he turn animation of your char and it cancels your turn. easily noticeable with dk and ganon.
THUNDER'S COMBO!!!! drill, shine, jab, falling uair, usmash, catch, chain throw. (only works on ppl that fall from shine)
forceful jab: if you jab a char at low % (not sure which % exactly) while they're on the ground, they cant choose where to roll, theyre forced to stand up, unless theyre holdin a direction while being jabbed.
is infinite JC shine on there? lol.
i forget what all's on there agin, i might have repeated things too, lol. oh well. read this and add whateva. ^^ just trying to help out a little. :)
also, dropping through a platform while shielding and then bairing immediately works well if they try to attack your shield. i dont think i saw reflectosmash in there either, did I? lol. i keep editing this, look back on it. also, on many chars, you can shine them while running and then nair or another aerial on them while still moving. did i see any infinites? oh well. FYI drill shine infinite=not an infinite against the wall. you can smash DI most of the drills and get out easily. aerial shine combos are great.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Call me Zyko for shorts ya'll!

For Dalal:

Falco can't do:
LH3L
Shiny illusion (can't combo with it)
Flare shine. (charging flames don't burn)

And Zurfdashing will be faster for Falco than Fox trotting.

..........later

Edit: Silent wolf, try to divide your posts in paragraphs so they will become easier to read. ;)

Yea bout that, LOL. I was thinking about that. I thought it seemed confusing too, but It's legible so He'll figure it out, lol.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Here are some tricks involving shine and edgeguard.

Shine Turn Waiting Fake - This is a fake out that works to land an offstage back air. To do it jump off stage, shine, turn around, wait till you are in range with the enemy, jump-cancel the shine and do a back air. Don't let go of the shine till you JC it. The enemy may think that you missed the JC, giving you an easier opportunity to trick him onto coming to your attack.

Chilling Waiting Fake - If you do the chillin dash that krazyzyko mentioned, you cover a wide distance with the shine. If you hold and turn around while in the shine you could get a back air in your enemy's face. This is basically a combination of the Chillin Dash and Shine Turn Waiting Fake.

Here is a combo I have been using lately...

[Insert name here] - This combo works on fastfallers like fox and falco. It works at low percent. The steps are these:
1. Up air.
2. Up tilt.
3. Down tilt.
4. Up smash.
5. Up air juggling.

I don't have a name for it, maybe someone can make one.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmm...Add the firedash if you want.

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79677

A firedash is basically just a flashy way to edgehog someone with potential mindgames. All this is is grabbing the edge from on the stage using your firefox. When you firefox diagonally into the ground you will do a sort of hop then freefall very fast and you will land in a sort of waveland animation. The angle of your firefox determines the distance of the waveland. But how do I grab the edge during the waveland you ask? Well during this animation, unlike normal wavelanding, you can turn around. So you can be in the center of a stage, firefox diagonally twoards the edge (make sure you are in the air) then grab the edge using this method. Also, considering you move forward in your firefox if you run then jump and firefox you can use the starting invinciblity frames say..in a team match to suprise your opponent then go to the edge. Mainly, this is just a flashy edgehog.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Zero FX, I'm going to make a new strategies section. That's where I'll put your shine tricks. About the combo, so it's shffled uair to u-tilt? After this, does the opponent land close enough for a d-tilt? After the d-tilt, the u-smash hits right? Does it work on all fast-fallers? Also, I can't really think of a cool name for this combo. See if you can, thanks!

Hylian. Yeah, I posted in your thread a few weeks ago, forgot to add that. I'll do it now. Thanks!

Dalal, i must point out that the wall drillshine infinite is not an infintie at all,but still should be in the combos section. people can smash DI a few of the hits ofthe drill and break loose, ive seen it done and done it myself, even if the person is ding it almost frame perfect. just change the name and anything refering to it as an infinite, we dont want false info on here do we? :) just thought id point that out. nice job adding thunders. :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian. Yeah, I posted in your thread a few weeks ago, forgot to add that. I'll do it now. Thanks!

Sweet. Glad to help. I liked your wording better then mine as well lol. I have a hard time explaining it.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Dalal, i must point out that the wall drillshine infinite is not an infintie at all,but still should be in the combos section. people can smash DI a few of the hits ofthe drill and break loose, ive seen it done and done it myself, even if the person is ding it almost frame perfect.
Thanks for that correction. I changed the info a bit, but I still have some questions. If the wall drillshine cannot be an infinite than how is it possible for the normal Drillshine Infinite to be infinite? You said that people Smash DI hits of the drillkick and break loose, so while you are performing a normal Drillshine Infinite, can't they do the same? I don't get it...

Btw, Hylian Lord, I like that name for your edge hog move. It sounds cool.

If they attempt to smash DI the normal drillshine infinite, you can just waveshine the other way and follow them each time. If they smash DI out of the wall drillshine infinite, you can waveshine the other way too, but then it wouldn't be a wall infinite, see my point? :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Btw, Hylian Lord, I like that name for your edge hog move. It sounds cool.

It's just Hylian..not Hylian Lord...Hylian Lord is a different person lol. Unless you wern't refering to me. Then ignore me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom