• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Pro Advice/Tips

C

ChewySHFFLS

I have recently become very serious about Melee. I am looking for any advice on Fox. Fox is my main, I know some techniques, but have not fully grasped the concept of some.

WHY DOES SHORT HOPPING HAVE TO BE TOUGH FOR FOX!?!?! :mad:

Lovage

Smash Hero
it ain't that hard, just try to hit the button for as short as possible!

you got a long road ahead of u, def gonna master these basics 100%

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
isn't short-hopping like

you have to let go of the button you jump with in half as many frames as it takes to become airborne

so if you're airborne on frame 8 then you must let go by frame 4?

and isn't fox airborne fast as hell?

i dunno maybe im wrong as fux

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
isn't short-hopping like

you have to let go of the button you jump with in half as many frames as it takes to become airborne

so if you're airborne on frame 8 then you must let go by frame 4?

and isn't fox airborne fast as hell?

i dunno maybe im wrong as fux
just before you're airborne. on the frame your jump starts, the game checks whether or not you're still holding the button.

fox is airborne on frame 4 i believe.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
short hop are hard on fox but play with falco more and then try fox it become less easy as i say.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
falcos short hop is like click x fall asleep let go of x.
foxs is like basically flicking x.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I remember short hopping being the most aggravating thing to learn back when I started.
One thing that helped me was too go into training mode and set it to 1/4 speed and short hop for about 5 minutes. Then bump it up to 2x speed for like 15 minutes and try short hopping. After that I'd go play like normal and short hopping was much easier.
After like two weeks I was able to short hop on command much more consistently.

Mahie

Smash Lord
There's no secret anyway, do it tens of thousands of time, which you will in regular games if you keep playing.

C

ChewySHFFLS

I remember short hopping being the most aggravating thing to learn back when I started.
One thing that helped me was too go into training mode and set it to 1/4 speed and short hop for about 5 minutes. Then bump it up to 2x speed for like 15 minutes and try short hopping. After that I'd go play like normal and short hopping was much easier.
After like two weeks I was able to short hop on command much more consistently.
This sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try it. Good stuff bro.

Top Bottom