• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Recovery

Saab

Smash Cadet
One of the bigges problems that i see with fox is his recovers and how predictible it is. Is there anyway to hit the ledge with firefox so someone ledge guarding will get hit and fox can still grab on or what? Also is there a good angle to tech samuses uptilt because it owns me and i cant find a good angle to come in.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
From above, if you do your up-b straight towards the edge, Fox will immediatly grab it.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
for samus's utilt you can usually get away without getting hit if you sweet spot from below, also, if the samus is predictable with his utilt you can illusion above it and it a platform or something of the sort.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
You don't always have to use Firefox as a recovery. There is also his illusion. You'll be less predictable if you switch up recoveries every now and then or Firefox at different angles.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fox actually has one of the least predictable recoveries in the game, since he has the illusion and the firefox. The fire fox can go at many angles, and the illusion can go at 6 lengths.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Fox actually has one of the least predictable recoveries in the game, since he has the illusion and the firefox. The fire fox can go at many angles, and the illusion can go at 6 lengths.
I wouldn't say least predictable. A good player would know what the other fox can do from where ever he is.
You can illusion and get pwned by enemys timing, or up+b then end up giving the oponnent some time to react.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Although those are all useful tips, you can always try to FireFox or Illusion onto the ledge and wall tech immediately even if you're edgegaurded.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say least predictable. A good player would know what the other fox can do from where ever he is.
You can illusion and get pwned by enemys timing, or up+b then end up giving the oponnent some time to react.
I didn't say least, i said one of the least. (although i can't think of any right now less predictalbe, maybe, MAYBE sheik)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
although thats true, Fox/falcos recovery's is still one of their many weaknesses and they are easily edge guarded.....

Redragon

SCOTU

Smash Hero
AH, that reminds me, Samus, samus, and peach have less predictable recoveries.
And they're only easily edgegaurded if you know where they're going to go...

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
AH, that reminds me, Samus, samus, and peach have less predictable recoveries.
And they're only easily edgegaurded if you know where they're going to go...
Very good job!!!11!!!!!!!!11!

Redragon

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Pichu and Pikachu are also less predictable imo especially a good one. I was gonna say Jiggly too but Jiggs is never actually recovering. Everytime I see a Jiggs really trying to recover (i.e. low below the stage) usually they get *****.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Actually fox is what he's because of the fire fox... it carries him a ridicolously long distance... the problem for me is always how to get back without getting punished after grabbing the ledge or after edge teching it

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Stage returns are the hard part. If you tech it, don't jump, and do an instant illusion straight to the edge. And note that you can also edge wavedash, letting you do a bunch of moves while invincible.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
If I do that it'll be the same as If i was returning without teching... thx about the wavedash Idea I'll practice it...

takieddine

Smash Master
I dont think you need to get that technical about teching and grabing the ledge, instant or a quick illusion is probably enough, they'll probably still be recovering from the lag of their edgeguard.

For samus's uptilt, you can just aim and land past samus, since the utilt has the hitbox in the front (and a bit at the top).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If I do that it'll be the same as If i was returning without teching... thx about the wavedash Idea I'll practice it...
yeah, but if you're gonna have to tech it, this is the best follow up i've come up with, since they don't have time to edge guard it.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
how exactly do you ledge tech with it. i know you DI towards the stage and press L/R and ive tried it with mines in training mode but my timing is still off.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I didn't say least, i said one of the least. (although i can't think of any right now less predictalbe, maybe, MAYBE sheik)

M2 and Pika

Fox also has the problem that you can kill the illusion by reflex with most character's jab->ftilt/dsmash/fsmash, and the firefox is a set distance and finishes on a set timing.

technomancer

Smash Champion
how exactly do you ledge tech with it. i know you DI towards the stage and press L/R and ive tried it with mines in training mode but my timing is still off.
Practice in Break the Targets to get the timing.

and watch out for two consecutive posts O_o

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
oh man that helped a lot so thank you for the advice. i pretty much get it everytime now in break the targets so i hope its not too different in a fight.

oh and to trick people with the recovery i like to sometimes do the really short Illusion. all i have been doing is Mashing B but a lot of times i dont get it. is this method wrong or am i just not fast enough?

Top Bottom