• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox shine infinite

Bob 2 Be

Smash Cadet
yeah it still in, but useless due to stages that dont have corners.

link= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQylP570VvI

yeah, i only tried it with shiek, i havent tried it with anyone else yet, but its sure an infinite, they couldnt get out of it.

EDIT: lol i didnt see a thread where someone was talking about it, lol but yeah, heres the video =]

OTRU...

Smash Champion
first post yayuhzz

this looks interesting, im def gonna use this

i played fox at pound 3 and he seems to be pretty good, the only thing i didnt like was the b-air

Duha

Smash Journeyman
this doesn't make fox jump the tier list because if there is not corner this is pointless. there is no wave dashing so once you hit id doesn't matter anyways because you can follow up with another shine.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
I never said it made him 'jump' the tier list, I simply said it moved him up a bit. It is a nifty trick that you can use with the wall, just like it was in SSBM.

And yes, with out the waveshine, the entire Fox game is going to be different.

Though the infinate wall is still quite bawlin.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
first post yayuhzz

this looks interesting, im def gonna use this

i played fox at pound 3 and he seems to be pretty good, the only thing i didnt like was the b-air
Back Air is actually better, it was a semi-sex kick back in Melee since duration was long for the attack, but in Brawl it does a bit more knockback and the same damage, but now ends faster. I always hated edgeguarding because F-Air, N-Air, and D-Air had a long duration, meaning Fox would likely fall to his death before FireFox could reach back on the stage. True, there was always his Reflector, but the Back-Air now has that advantage of ending quickly meaning Fox now has an edgeguard attack with decent range. Fox's Reflector doesn't have that much distance, and a quicker Back-Air is a welcome addition.

Bob 2 Be, from what I can see, you're not shine-cancelling very fast, it seems you're just casually pressing the buttons at your own leisure. Also, I'm sure one could DI out of it relatively easily, or even powershield, possibly. I'm sure Sakurai knows of Shine-Infinite combos and only the dumbest of the dumb can be caught in this. The same applies to Falco's supposed Lazer-Infinite on Snake. DI + Techrolling gets you out of it.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
For the most part fox will play different especialy without waveshines

nice1

Smash Lord
i think it might be a lil hard to get someone in this unless that person really sucks and can react to comming down to attack u and not dodging out the way before the shine comes out

Top Bottom