• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Shine Ledge Recovery

Gretalian

Smash Cadet
It actually seems to be pretty reliable. Most people are confused and don't know how to respond. Especially against players that play safe and wait for opportunities. I've been using it online for the past couple days and rarely get punished. But its one of those moves you use once and MAYBE twice against the same person.

How to: When on ledge hold down, immediately press B (Special button) to shine, face the opposite direction, jump, b-air, then follow up with anything you like. Because b-air has practically has no cool down. I usually follow up with an uptilit. Or if they're at higher percentages ill use down smash.

I've never seen anyone use this before. So give me some feedback and let me know how it works out for you guys.

Hope I explained everything well enough. Here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRr8Zr0JfhI&t=2m40s

Nubber

Smash Cadet
Good use of shine to turn around.
But it could also get super punished so it's only good for a mix up. One thing is a lot of foxes like to drop short hop and phantasm so it is likely to get caught if they are covering that option.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
This could possibly be a decent mixup, but I don't like how vulnerable Fox is in this scenario(laggy shine, no invincibility, used up double jump). This seems like a "I'll get you once with this" kind of deal(like fire fox at the ledge).

Zync

Smash Journeyman
This actually looks pretty solid, the more options you have for a ledge, the better

Top Bottom