• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox - The hidden truth.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok, I been looking around for a while on the forums and when I get to this section I laugh a bit. Everyone thinks that Fox is not as good which infact he is. I'm comming all the way from the Lucario boards to say this so hear me out.

Everyone who was use to fox just shine spikeing people and simple lock tatics from melee get your head out of the gutter. It was obvious that fox would get nurfed in terms of his combos in melee. What people don't understand is that despite the fact that fox is completely different it doesn't mean hes bad. Pick up the controllers and really find out what fox can do. Everyone losing hope kind of depresses me. Fox is still **** Period.

If you really want to learn something Look at 718 R00kie. I played him, I've seen him play. And obviously if he is getting far with the same main character everyone in the community loses hope for then that says alot. And im not just saying this because hes my Crew member(Zodiac Braves) We played people from Keitaro to m2k. Pride, D1, Bum, Ninja Link. And he stands up to all of them. But its not just him. Its his ability to use the character.

Fox doesn't suck. Hes just different. Don't think there are limitations because their isn't. Only thing keeping you back with Fox is the person controlling him.

Ill poke around back here from time to time to see what people say. If you need anything Lucario boards is normally where I am. Also Zodiac Braves thread.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I can't believe R00kie went through the trouble of getting someone to post this for him...

Dude, the better Fox players (D1, Fenrir, me, Kheldar, lightning93) are far past that sort of game. We've all seen R00kie play, and he's average, but he's worse than Fox's furthest metagame right now...

Honestly man, you must have not been reading /any/ newer threads or posts by me or Fenrir or D1 if you think we're still thinking like that.

(Must...not...flame...)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
(Must...not...flame...)
Let me do it for you, since we have to have a ******* or two around here, don't we? Otherwise, it just gets boring.

WE'VE GONE OVER THIS 20 MILLION TIMES. THIS IS NOT NEW INFO. GTFO MY FOX BOARDS.

I'm just kidding, of course. It's saddening to know that people are just getting this now, but it's nice to know that at least people are getting it.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Rookie didnt get me to come here actually, I came on my own free will. And I only go on what I been seeing recentlly and most people are like "OMG FOX IS NURFED ASDFGJFSLFSO" I 2nd fox and I can safely say hes not nurfed as much as everyone anticipates. Yes also, I have been reading and watching the videos everyone puts up. and just because 4-5 people don't think that, doesn't mean the rest of your community does. Think of the whole, not just yourself.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Dude, I feel you, but you don't have to tell us that now. The only people that are left on this board are people that believe that fox is still a good character. The people who wanted fox to be as broken in this game as he was in melee, migrated to one of the top tier characters of brawl. Fox takes alot of skill to play, and has some bad match ups, but hes still a threat in any situation, if you play smart, and use some tact.

And the reason Rookie got flamed as he did was because instead of taking constructive critisism, he threw a fit. Almost everyone complimented his vid as far as entertainment value went, but he should'nt get bent out of shape when ppl don't go " omGz yur FoX iz GaWdz"

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Anyone who says fox sucks because he lost his **** from melee is a moron. Everyone lost there **** from melee. It's like a metroid game, where you lose all your ****, except in this one, you don't get any of it back.

However, anyone who thinks that fox isn't good from playing him in brawl, is right and justified.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
The only thing I don't really like about Fox is his weight. Everything else I can work with.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I can't believe R00kie went through the trouble of getting someone to post this for him...

Dude, the better Fox players (D1, Fenrir, me, Kheldar, lightning93) are far past that sort of game. We've all seen R00kie play, and he's average, but he's worse than Fox's furthest metagame right now...

Honestly man, you must have not been reading /any/ newer threads or posts by me or Fenrir or D1 if you think we're still thinking like that.

(Must...not...flame...)
There are only a couple good foxes out there: Lucien(doesn't even play Brawl anymore), Fenrir, D1, and Uchiha(seen him in a set vs. Gimpyfish). Everyone says Samboner is good, but he doesn't really impress me all that much.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
the better Fox players (D1, Fenrir, me, Kheldar, lightning93)
Listing off people who post a lot on the Fox forums doesn't make any of them good. Sorry almost none of you have done anything other than argue that Fox is good. You can say you'll go to tournaments and such, but you guys don't. If you do none of you have placed, D1 doesn't even seem to use Fox in tournies anyway, but he's probably the only name on that list that could based on what I've seen.

You want to name the better Fox players? Even though Lucien quit, he'd still probably be easily better than any of you. Heck, samboner is probably leagues better than any of you as well, if he was committed enough to go to a tourny and not just **** the AIB ladder with Ally. Previous names from a while ago would have been Gamble, Moogle, Moon-Doggie, but I haven't seen much anything recent from them.

I'm not saying any of you are bad of course. But there is no evidence to say any of you are good enough to have your names associated with Fox. Sorry.

Lucien was Lucien but Meeps wasn't Meeps.
Lucien's tournament placings speak for themselves. Judging people off of videos gets you nowhere.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Why is that every other Fox thread is about why "fox is good" and "he isnt as bad as you think".Ok people get it, stop all of this nonsense and lets get some real AT's and some Strats on here.

Another thing I would like to add is that we fix the match up thread. Because I believe with all my heart that mario has a bigger advangtage over Fox. 60-40 or 65-45. And I dont believe that Luigi is a 70-30.

Mario
Gimps like a mutha ****er
-All of his moves can be used on Fox as good edgegaurds. His cape for obvious reasons. His fludd does damage to any fox who wants to try and fake mario out on the recovery. Now the newer stuff. His fireballs will make it hard for you to firefox anywhere below 180 degrees of the stage. And his UpB doesnt really edgegaurd but helps mario beat foxes edge game so much. A missed shine spike leads to a stage spike. A mess up on spacing gets beat by an unsweetspotted UpB that hits though the edge.

Fox
Your Dair game is bad against him. IMO. Your aerials are all you got so SHFF aerials like an fair or even SHAD to a grab/utilt works. But this match up is too hard. And with proper DI Mario doesnt die from an Usmash till into the 100%

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Listing off people who post a lot on the Fox forums doesn't make any of them good. Sorry almost none of you have done anything other than argue that Fox is good. You can say you'll go to tournaments and such, but you guys don't. If you do none of you have placed, D1 doesn't even seem to use Fox in tournies anyway, but he's probably the only name on that list that could based on what I've seen.

You want to name the better Fox players? Even though Lucien quit, he'd still probably be easily better than any of you. Heck, samboner is probably leagues better than any of you as well, if he was committed enough to go to a tourny and not just **** the AIB ladder with Ally. Previous names from a while ago would have been Gamble, Moogle, Moon-Doggie, but I haven't seen much anything recent from them.

I'm not saying any of you are bad of course. But there is no evidence to say any of you are good enough to have your names associated with Fox. Sorry.

Lucien's tournament placings speak for themselves. Judging people off of videos gets you nowhere.
From what I hear, Fenrir gave M2K a good run and he goes to tournaments, I already explained Uchiha and Samboner is decent.......no one else has really shown much of anything.

edit: @ A6M Zero: you obviously don't even know who Meep is since you said his name as Meeps.......I was using Meep in the plural form.

edit: for those who don't think Lucien was pretty good watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlov4anMuE ............... keep in mind he's playing a really good Snake.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
From what I hear, Fenrir gave M2K a good run and he goes to tournaments, I already
I've never seen anything about him doing well in tournaments, but if he has then of course he's one of the few people who can back up his statements.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
It saddens me that no one mentioned my fox as good T.T Probably cause I dont post very often in these moronic threads, but this is an exception. I consitently take top 10 in the vegas weeklies, usually with 45+ ppl, So I shouldnt be too bad.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It saddens me that no one mentioned my fox as good T.T Probably cause I dont post very often in these moronic threads, but this is an exception. I consitently take top 10 in the vegas weeklies, usually with 45+ ppl, So I shouldnt be too bad.
I honestly hadn't heard of you, maybe f you helped the community out every once in a while with vids and discussion, maybe these threads wouldn't be so "moronic".

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I honestly hadn't heard of you, maybe f you helped the community out every once in a while with vids and discussion, maybe these threads wouldn't be so "moronic".
So very true, I guess I can try to be more active in the community. The first thing I should do is tell you guys about soft nair to running upsmash true combo for kills, but sadly time pervades me and must do it some other time.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Don't worry. Just because you aren't around here often doesn't mean you're not a good Fox.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Why is that every other Fox thread is about why "fox is good" and "he isnt as bad as you think".Ok people get it, stop all of this nonsense and lets get some real AT's and some Strats on here.

Another thing I would like to add is that we fix the match up thread. Because I believe with all my heart that mario has a bigger advangtage over Fox. 60-40 or 65-45. And I dont believe that Luigi is a 70-30.

Mario
Gimps like a mutha ****er
-All of his moves can be used on Fox as good edgegaurds. His cape for obvious reasons. His fludd does damage to any fox who wants to try and fake mario out on the recovery. Now the newer stuff. His fireballs will make it hard for you to firefox anywhere below 180 degrees of the stage. And his UpB doesnt really edgegaurd but helps mario beat foxes edge game so much. A missed shine spike leads to a stage spike. A mess up on spacing gets beat by an unsweetspotted UpB that hits though the edge.

Fox
Your Dair game is bad against him. IMO. Your aerials are all you got so SHFF aerials like an fair or even SHAD to a grab/utilt works. But this match up is too hard. And with proper DI Mario doesnt die from an Usmash till into the 100%
I am laughing so **** hard.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I've never seen anything about him doing well in tournaments, but if he has then of course he's one of the few people who can back up his statements.
To be honest, my placings in tourneys don't look very good at the moment.

To get things into perspective as well, my performance against M2k was in just a friendly... so of course, it wasn't as serious.. but I was able to basically shut down his MK without being able to usmash out of shield...tap jump was off x.x

lately, I've been placing top 20 in FL tourneys, which usually have had around 60-70 people there... Like I said, not stellar... but I'm still learning. I got third in teams with an olimar at one last month. lol

Anyways, please don't come in here with "these people are probably all teh suck and pros are better than you"... there's not that much point. LIke really, I don't care if my name is mentioned here... but I don't really want to see another flame war.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Tap jump is not a necessity for U-smash out of shield. Just slide your Y/X to A. Unless of course you're not using the GCN controller.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Tap jump is not a necessity for U-smash out of shield. Just slide your Y/X to A. Unless of course you're not using the GCN controller.
I know that... it's just not normal for me... I don't have that timing. I never turn tap jump off anyway... : /

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing to say about the "dude who plays fox" since I have never even heard of him. Despite numerous disadvantages, fox can be a great character to play. His upwards combos are still very effective, and his speed justifies the "nerfing" of his damage building kicks, dashes, etc.
** for clarification though** do not say that bringing combinations from melee into brawl is a bad thing because it certainly isn't. some people who were amazing at melee have the right to be frusterated with the newer fox. I am one of these people, although i can still use him well, he is not what he used to be.

Top Bottom