• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox tier list discussion-Next tier list June 5th!

M@v

Subarashii!
Its that time of year again, with the new tier list right around the corner. What are everyone's thoughts on Fox's future position?

I personally believe hes going up, mainly because he was placed far too low in the last list. Im thinking he will be up in the area with Wolf, Peach, etc.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
He really needs to go up. Fox is underrated and under represented. He has a few UNWINNABLE matchups. Other than that he does well and goes even with majority of the rest of the cast.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Fox is going down because M@v got ***** at APEX. (Just wanted to rub it in his face.)

Zephil

Smash Ace
I think he would get to a place close to 20 were in the D tier were I think there would be a lot of changes.

Fox would definitely would become higher because of all the new discoveries and the increase in amount of foxs in tourneys.

(this is my opinion so please no flamewar for this as is very probable that I may be wrong)

How I see D Tier Row in this tier list:

16. Peach: having a couple of good months with good results in tourneys will give her an increase in the list from at least 3 places... peach mains have become beastlys lately...
17. Luigi: weegee would have a big jump also in the tier as I have seen better results in tourneys for him. SHORYUKEN!!
18. Zamus: the reason why I think she would decrease is because I haven´t seen so much action of Zamus players in tourneys and with great improvements in lots of characters below her right now, is probable that she would decrease a couple of places.
19. Toon Link: for similar reasons to ZSS... not very much difference in TL in the couple of months
20. Fox: our lovely foxy would be in this position in my opinion in the next tier because of the new discoveries in the Fox boards lately making it one of the busiest boards in the last two months (I have seen this board at 4:00 am and still I see at least 1 person in it) Is a big advance compared to last tier but is not enopugh so come on ppl, we have to make all ppl realize that Japanese tier list is correct!!

M@v

Subarashii!
I think peach is better than ZSS, but Snakeee IS ZSS on the tier list. Also, TL will be above all of them. Jash, Quivo, and Santi are all amazing.

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
He'll most likely go up, methinks.
He's actually quite high on the PAL & Japanese tier lists, so why not the NTSC one?

Fox is an awesome character if you play the right cards at the right time.
:rocket:

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Fox for C tier at the least!! He has potential. I mained Fox but now when i look at the boards, you gusy found out alot of things. Especially qith his jab. I'm gonna try it out sometimes. Very nice people. Fox should go up :)

@theguyaboveme: The japanese plays Fox veri differently than ours. Or maybe they are overestimating?

crifer

Smash Lord
Fox is underrated.
But if you want to put Fox higher, you have to ask yourself, if he is better than the other characters. idk it´s really difficult, bc the charactes in mid tier are really good characters, too. Is he better than bowser, zelda, luigi, wolf, peach, pit, tink and zss?
i dont think so

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
Fox is underrated.
But if you want to put Fox higher, you have to ask yourself, if he is better than the other characters. idk it´s really difficult, bc the charactes in mid tier are really good characters, too. Is he better than bowser, zelda, luigi, wolf, peach, pit, tink and zss?
i dont think so

Fox ***** Bowser! Even I know that!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Fox is going down because M@v got ***** at APEX. (Just wanted to rub it in his face.)
ROFL! Zhamy is like the funniest guy around!

I don't know where Fox will be. Last time I didn't expect him to get thrown so far down.

Who knows. Sometimes I just NEVERKNOWSBEST!!! lulzulzluz

See what I did dair, to up smash?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I can't see Fox going down at all... that's for certain..

Fox has made a lot of advancement lately... and is one of the more active boards (which is great, btw).

I feel the as a character, Fox is slowly moving past every one of his shortcomings... even with Zeton's performance against Anther (who will probably mention that), in Fox's worst (or at least one of the worst) matchups...

Honestly, I hope this isn't done with a voting scale again... if so, Fox will definitely still get screwed. However... I believe he SHOULD move up quite a bit. I guess we'll have to wait and see where he does go, though

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
Fox is underrated.
i dont think so

Fox ***** Bowser! Even I know that!
lol fail.
You dont know what a tier list is. sorry.
Ice climbers beat falco and they are not higher than falco. just an example.

Yes, I do - I was criticizing it.
Criticism FTW!

I gots to stop with the Ace Attorney bubbles... :urg:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yes, I do - I was criticizing it.
Criticism FTW!
What Zhamy was correctly saying is that you cannot prove anything by saying one character beats another, and therefore should be higher on the list. That is not how a tier list works...

I gots to stop with the Ace Attorney bubbles... :urg:
Yes...yes you do.

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
I've got more.

Advantages of Bowser:
Power, Power, Power and Power

Advantages of Fox:
Speed, Speed, Power and Spammable projectile.

I'm just making myself look silly by trying to rewrite the tier system, aren't I? :embarrass

Julio_TFP

Smash Cadet
Fox will up in the tier. He have a projectile. If you can spamm the laser, you can win a lot of characters. And without him, Fox is still very good.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Re: thomash31

The reason why Bowser is higher on the current tier list is because at the time of writing, Bowser had no "get *****" matchups. The matchups he was at a disadvantage at were 40:60, maybe 35:65. On the other hand, Fox got ***** horribly in 2 or 3 matchups.

As far as the next tier list goes:

Green Tier
Luigi

Everyone else Tier
Everyone else

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Last I checked this is still about Fox on the tier list. (Just reminding us all so Xiivi doesn't ban us.)

Jenkins

Smash Lord
he's not going anywhere. sorry folks, no one's placing enough with him.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I personally think he's going up, but I've never been to a real tournament, so I wouldn't know how others play Fox.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Lets look at this professionally.
How well has Fox ranked? How high has he placed? In what tournaments of what kind? Local, Regional, National?

Top Bottom