• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Trot and Dash Dancing

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, characters could foxtrot by inputting a dash in the same direction after their dash animation had ended. For some characters, like Marth, there is almost no difference in speed between their fox trot and their run. This has carried over into Project M, but now tripping is gone and there's dash dancing, which means fox trotting is actually useful! As far as I can tell, Marth's foxtrot is amazing in PM. It allows him a theoretically infinitely long dash dance. I feel like this could really push Marth's movement and threat options to the next level. Thoughts?

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
definitely.especially since marth usually should be ground based unless you put your opponent in the air.things like dash dancing are key for marth to be able to succeed in the game.and dash dancing at different lengths is a good way to mix it up.so if you do want to do a longer dash dance then just make sure u stay out of your opponents range.also make sure to throw wave dashing in there too...and also if im not mistaken i think u were talking about coming to smash 101 today. and i will be there.so come find me and we can work on some marth stuff together.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
also a GREAT example to watch is dr.peepee at the tournament "tipped off 9". he goes marth the whole time and wins.and he does alot of what u are talking about

Top Bottom