• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Up air is stupid

Drephen

Smash Master
k so M2K and KM owned teh **** outta my sheik

it seemed like everytime i DIed, it was cause of teh up throw to up air combo

no matter which way i DI i get hit by it (only a few players like KM and M2K can hit it everytime)

I would DI left or right and then try to jump, but always get hit by it

some say its impossible to get outta it, is this true?

if so can someone list percents on when you can or cannot jump outta it

oh and dont be stupid and say "i get outta my friend's fox like this"...........

think M2K aka sold his ***** for smash skill fox

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Try to swoop your Control stick, left right etc. You will recover faster and can jump earlier so that maybe you can jump out of the grab combo. This is what I do against my friends Down throws with Link (he'll normally combo's them into a spin attack ;) )

I hope that'll work. I don't have a list, srr ;)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Does fox's u air out prioritise sheiks sex kick?If it doesn't then hammer A while you recover if he tries to hit you he may get an n air to the face and might'nt get the all important second hit.I know it sounds like a noobish tactic but my friends peach does this all the time and it usually works a charm so it might work with sheik.As gay as it is with peaches god like priority with the n air.B****

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Drephen said:
Fox is stupid
Fixed.

The best way I've found to get out of up throw to up air is to DI the up throw one direction, then DI the other way and hope the 2nd hit of the up air doesn't connect. Now in the case of M2K and KM, I don't know if you can get away from them.

I think you just have to DI certain ways and at certain %'s, maybe ask M2k he knows that crap.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
I heard from knives that if u wiggle theres a chance u can only get hit by one of the kicks? Either that or try to wiggle then get a f air out

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Well pretty much everyone has said that you are going to get hit by up throw to uair, at least once, from watching M2K I don't think you would be able to get out of his up throw u air at low percents, at higher I'm not sure I'll have to look into it, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

EDIT: I haven't tried to use Sheik's nair to get out of it, I'll try that and see but I'm not sure it will outprioritize it, considering Fox is hitting from below.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im pretty sure sheiks body can do damage with the n air.Can anyone tell me otherwise?If fox is hitting from below you would need pretty good accuracy to not hit sheiks leg.(this is considering her body during the n air DOESNT do damage)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but- considering that chargin needles and cancelling them resets your tumble and allows you to jump quicker than wiggling.... try doing that as early as possible (and increase the length between the throw and U-air if that doesn't work, and then try to do it after the first U-air if THAT doesn't work.) In theory, you should get your 'jump back' alot quicker than wiggling that way (I've gotten to the point to where I use it on almost every attack that sends me tmbling) which will allow you to jump to throw off his timing, or DI far enough away.

Just a theory worth testing I guess.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
i think u r suppose to di downwards when u get hit by the uair. But if u cant get away sideways, DI up and hope that it puts u right above fox's verticle jump range

soap

Smash Hero
dont get grabbed.....jk

anyway i saw some thread a while back all about DI that kokichi or somebody wrote and they talked about the fox uair, and they said you can "smash DI" out of the uair, when you get hit you smash the stick to the side and you can supposedely DI during the hitlag and get out teh way of the second hit. It might just be bull though.

Edit: it was doraki, here it is
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=60218

i dont understand all of it, its full of crazy european DI, but it might help

Sytar

Smash Ace
"Crazy European DI"?
lol

Yeah, you can DI out of the first hit of the uair to avoid the second. Good luck with that, it requires godly DI.

D

Deleted member

you just hold to a side. that's about as ungodly as it gets.

sheik players just don't like fox and falco cause they're not used to even matches cause sheik ***** everyone else.

Drephen

Smash Master
mow you are stupid

sex kick doesnt work it doesnt come out fast enough

im gonna try this smash DI stuff in AR i'll come back with results

D

Deleted member

Drephen said:
mow you are stupid

sex kick doesnt work it doesnt come out fast enough

im gonna try this smash DI stuff in AR i'll come back with results
I didn't say anything about sex kick. I said if fox upairs you, hold to a side. most of the time the 2nd hit won't connect.

The Cape

Smash Master
If you want to DI this, DI to fox's back and as the move hits you smash DI to his front.

This allows you to only take the weak hit from the move and you can usually counter attack quickly.

The other option, is to just take the first U throw to uair, and then jump out. The first one is a combo, the other ones only work because people are stupid enough to try and jump out and then lose their jump.

Drephen

Smash Master
The Cape said:
If you want to DI this, DI to fox's back and as the move hits you smash DI to his front.

This allows you to only take the weak hit from the move and you can usually counter attack quickly.

The other option, is to just take the first U throw to uair, and then jump out. The first one is a combo, the other ones only work because people are stupid enough to try and jump out and then lose their jump.
so say fox is facing right. I DI the throw left and then smash it right?

alot of the time, foxes will use platforms do to 1-3 more upairs before you can jump outta it

mow you are stupid

D

Deleted member

you can def jump out after the 1st one.

I'm fox upair. yay.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
How about DI'ing towards Fox and air dodging immediately? Yes? No?

I couldn't say, as I'm not a Sheik player so I'm really asking more out of curiousity than offering advice.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
No, there's not enough time to recover and do an airdodge, there's not much you can do. I'm pretty sure smashing to the left/right during the up air works, not positive though.

AG4U2NV

Smash Cadet
Deephen I'm a FOX and SHEIK player so maybe I can answer the question for you,but first I need a little information:

What is your percent when he starts the "big" combo in you(not just one Uair)

and what stage are you on?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
McRustyJr said:
why are so many people just guessing. hes not asking for u to guess wut u can do. at least test it out before u say it.
We're guessing because there's not much you can do against uthrow uair. We are offering suggestions to see if it works. I've tested smashing out of the uair, and I've seen it work, but I'm not sure if that worked because I did that or because the Fox correctly hit the uair, that's why I'm suggesting that that might work so they can try it out for themselves.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Drephen i can answer this question for u rockcrock trys 2 do it 2 me all the time.... i play fox and sheik as well................
well first what u do is when he throwds u up DI behind him then move ur analog stick left 2 right as fast as u can so u can wiggle out of the stunt u r in then they might try doing a short hop u air, well before they do that jump away from it and get back on the floor.

AG4U2NV

Smash Cadet
KeepSpeedN said:
Drephen i can answer this question for u rockcrock trys 2 do it 2 me all the time.... i play fox and sheik as well................
well first what u do is when he throwds u up DI behind him then move ur analog stick left 2 right as fast as u can so u can wiggle out of the stunt u r in then they might try doing a short hop u air, well before they do that jump away from it and get back on the floor.
Couldn't have said better myself......but as you are DIing behind Fox try Nair just in cae you get out in time and he attempys then you both connect and only the first part of the Uair hits you not both.

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
I do agree, Fox's uair is ridiculously powerful. It can take out most characters if it hits around 70%, depending on the stage. I do know that the first hit can be DIed out of sometimes, though. I've seen comps DI out of the first hit of the uair, making the second hit miss completely.

Drephen

Smash Master
can someone make a vid of the smash DI thing?

please, i'll give you money or something at the next tourney i am at

soap

Smash Hero
can someone make a vid of the smash DI thing?

please, i'll give you money or something at the next tourney i am at
No, but i can make a vid of me and your mom, and yeah ill sell you a copy next time i see you.

Oh, and fox is gay, cant really do much about that.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
k so M2K and KM owned teh **** outta my sheik

it seemed like everytime i DIed, it was cause of teh up throw to up air combo

no matter which way i DI i get hit by it (only a few players like KM and M2K can hit it everytime)

I would DI left or right and then try to jump, but always get hit by it

some say its impossible to get outta it, is this true?

if so can someone list percents on when you can or cannot jump outta it

oh and dont be stupid and say "i get outta my friend's fox like this"...........

think M2K aka sold his ***** for smash skill fox
Play Falco.

Drephen

Smash Master
lol DooDah, all you did was read the title and then post.

but i cant blame ya i do that **** all the time too

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if all if this really is going to work, but I figured I would post anyway and see if my advice has any merit to it...

At higher percents, you can try to DI up so that he does not connect. And at lower percents, DI down. Most of the time, that will do nothing, so in those middle percents, DI left and right and than smash DI if they manage to hit with the first one.

BTW in case you didn't know, Smash DI doesn't work on throws, so there is no point in tryin. What you can do is DI the throw right with the controller, while holding down on the C stick. This way the C stick will have no effect on DI'ing the throw, but if the Uair does connect, you will at least be DI'ing down to help prevent a death.

Best of luck.

Jbutker

Smash Cadet
The smash DI thing that everyone keeps talking about is only for the Uair not uthrow. You just smash the control stick left or right during the hit lag and often it will result in a sort of phantom hit where you don't get knocked back hardly at all. Also, Cacuar told me the ONLY to get out of the uthrow to uair against M2K (and others of his level) is rDI the throw behind fox, or smash DI the uair (preferrably both). Not sure if percentages matter for when certain characters can escape or not. Just always go behind fox and smash DI during uair's hitlag.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Foxs UpAir has 2 hitboxes. If you get upthrown you can DI the first hit and not get hit by the 2nd, which is the strong(kill) hitbox. This is virtually impossible though.

I see lvl 9 comps(peach mostly) DI the 1st hit of Fox's UpAir and not get hit by the second.

soap

Smash Hero
Couldnt fox just start his uair a little early so that he only hits you with the second hit and not even give you a chance to smash di? What would we do then.

Top Bottom