• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox vs falco training match. critique plz

Omega Luigi

Smash Rookie
this is my fox vs my friends falco i would like both of them to be critiqued plz.
since we are both looking to get better.

also i see the little mistakes i mad and this vid isn't a recent video of me, but plz give me
the most input you can.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ER--pw_AVt8

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
Not bad, looks like your both still trying to get the moves down. But your further along then i am.
Just keep practicing so the moves flow better.
Work on knowing when to phantom thingy and went to firefox it.

justice

Smash Ace
The fox needs to work on some of his tech skills and combos. Falco was good more short hop lasers to keep the fox locked down. I didn't see that much platform or wave landings. That can help your game some. Also work on what he said above and don't forget about teching. I haven't watched the whole vid either. One more thing would this J.C. be a artist as well?

Smashmaniac_91

Smash Journeyman
The fox needs to decrease the number of unnecessary spot dodges and the falco should stop using illusion as an attack. Both the fox & the falco had decent edgeguarding, but fox should try to aim his shinespikes better. Also, as someone before me said, the falco should use more SHL in his game. Overall this was a good match, keep it up!

Omega Luigi

Smash Rookie
thx for the advice i will definitely look into it and yea the phantasm was mistakes lol
it wasn't being used as an attack:laugh:.

we are much better now even looing forward to oc3, but thx again guys.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Not bad. First off for the falco. You are going to want to Sweet Spot whenever you get hit off the stage. Its frustrating because falco has a very short recovery system to work with from the start, and timing sweetspots are even harder. But sweetspotting will prevent you from getting your recovery intercepted.

Also learn to combo fox. You had some good setups but couldnt follow through. Learn to SHFFL pillar instead of full jumped ones.

As for the fox, you got off some good shine kills, but you need to be a whole lot faster to be able to use them in advanced play. Im talking Wavedashing more, shinedashing, the works. You dont know how to really incorperate it into foxs play fast enough for it to be effective. If you get a bit faster I assure you your kill rate will skyrocket. I also want to recommend drillshining because it allows for a techchase which can lead into a chain throw or even an upsmash if you learn to Dash Cancel.

A few times you just didnt know what to do and ended up wasting time with dodges. when hes rushing at you go for a shield grab because falco has an offensive playstyle. Hes most likely not going to try to grab you unless its a shield grab because falcos grabs arent that great unless your opponent is really good. Probably my number one recommendation to the fox is to chain throw more. It was PS so that may have been why you werent doing it much but on a stage with higher platforms of especially FD make sure you chain throw and abuse falcos weight.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Your better than I am, but getting close to some I have seen. Good job, keep practicing.

Top Bottom