• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Falcon

Zync

Smash Journeyman
How even is this matchup? I feel its a hard one since falcon can just hit a lucky score and charge a lot of damage or take a stock out of fox if we dont play perfectly, Its a very tense matchup for me. Any suggestions or comments on this one?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
55:45 for Falcon to me. But is more stage dependent.
I guess plataforms benefit fox? At least thats the idea Ive been getting, always banning FD against characters who could run faster than us

Tondo

Smash Rookie
yeah, BF i.e. let U tech grab combos. In general platform make pressure on his landing. But for me vs Falcon is important ceilings and stage dimension. In smashville is nothing and u are offstsge, considering also how much he travel with grab. And Falcon has some good option vs recovering Fox. In DH u can force him to approach with lasers, but couldn't on SV.

Btw. On the MU I suggest to abuse of trumps and nair mix to cover his poorly getup. Punish not sweet spotted upb with utilt bair, and try to steal stock with foxstool. But when u recovery, always sweet spot if is trying to edguard.
Utilt string is effective but need some%.
DI simply and always away from him on throw, after not to much combos will not be guaranteed.
His OOS option are risky or not so good (besides grab): press his shield much as u can.
Finally, is really easy combo/land uair on him.

Top Bottom