• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Frame traps and set ups

Pferschaw

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pferschaw
I know fox is a character that benefits greatly from frame trap setups. Ex: Nair bait to falling up-air, Up-air bait to up smash, etc. I think a thread dedicated would be very beneficial to our characters meta. Please post all know frame traps/set ups you know and then maybe we can get a official list going.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Dude on the Skype group posted about using Up B as a frame trap. Been trying it out today, pretty effective. If they're below the stage, sit juuust blelow the ledge in Up B and you cover most options. If they're on the ledge, use Up B if they have a habit of buffering options - if they jump, attack or regular get up, you get your full Up B channel on them. If they roll, just Firefox in their direction.

For airdodges, there's like a million and one frame traps. I like jumping above them to bait the airdodge and then fast fall Uair - if they don't airdodge, you just Uair on the way up as standard. Dair covers side steps and three of the get up options. Ftilt is positive on side step so you can either ftilt again or just jab.

Top Bottom