• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Cancelled Down Air?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
So I've been watching videos on YouTube about frame cancelling on characters like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf and I guess it works on moves with high end lag. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with frame cancelling and if it works on Ike's down air? I don't think it would benefit any of his other aerials. I want to know if this works and what kinds of combos/follow-ups you can do from it from anyone who may have experimented with this tech. Also, if it is possible is it worth learning and implementing into my play?

Arrei

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, frame cancelling Nair can lead to kill combos at certain percents with Uair, but trying to time it on Nair is probably even more obscenely difficult than other frame cancels.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I see, well thanks for the info I guess it isn't worth it if it's that difficult to pull off.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
How do you frame cancel?
Land with an aerial perfectly while hitting someone and the hit frames sync with the landing lag frames.. or something like that.

It's something that you probably shouldn't aim for and expect it to work each time, but just recognize if you're able to act quicker than usual. It's pretty easy to perform with Ike's landing aerials in comparison to the rest of the cast. Dair is his worst option for doing this, while nair is his best.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Land with an aerial perfectly while hitting someone and the hit frames sync with the landing lag frames.. or something like that.

It's something that you probably shouldn't aim for and expect it to work each time, but just recognize if you're able to act quicker than usual. It's pretty easy to perform with Ike's landing aerials in comparison to the rest of the cast. Dair is his worst option for doing this, while nair is his best.
I didn't know what aerials you could do it with, I just assumed down air because all the other characters focused on down air

Top Bottom