• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Question

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
Dislclaimer: All of this is theorycrafting atm until I get a reliable Melee setup at college.

Usually a PM Samus but have been messing with her in Melee a bit more recently and have one question:

How viable is RLD (straight Hax$ style) to refresh your tether? I know this isn't falcon and she will be mostly vulnerable but if someone could give an exact number of invincible/ vulnerable frames that'd be cool.

As an alternative, perhaps ledgehop + bomb (looks a bit like a NIL) to slide off regrab might be slightly safer because it lays the bomb in the way, but definitely is slower.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Samus can fully invincible hax dash. She can also use AI to clip to the stage and wavedash back off and be fully invincible, although it is VERY frame tight. Haxdashing to get your tether can be reliable on most stages if you practice it.

Litt

Samus
Dislclaimer: All of this is theorycrafting atm until I get a reliable Melee setup at college.

Usually a PM Samus but have been messing with her in Melee a bit more recently and have one question:

How viable is RLD (straight Hax$ style) to refresh your tether? I know this isn't falcon and she will be mostly vulnerable but if someone could give an exact number of invincible/ vulnerable frames that'd be cool.

As an alternative, perhaps ledgehop + bomb (looks a bit like a NIL) to slide off regrab might be slightly safer because it lays the bomb in the way, but definitely is slower.
Read through the forums before posting, look before asking. Also been doing that bomb on lip of the stage then trashed the idea because it really is unsafe as hell and have very limited uses as a result, plenty of mix up if you do get the bomb out an roll back on with zair cancels and wavelands from the bomb explosion, ect.

Top Bottom