• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free For Alls: a guide somewhere?

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if there was a guide on FFA's, since I'll be going to a FFA tourney soon and I've had little experience with them. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but nowhere else seemed right. And I also searched the forums. Thanks for all your help.

nightSN

Smash Ace
use the search please! but to answer you question, i dont think anybody has bothered to make such a guide because we find that ffa are just for fun or friendlies

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

But in all seriousness, you should probably just run it as a regular tourney. Three stock, eight minute timer, items off, banned stages are banned, etc. The usual.

arch knight

Smash Lord
If your going to play FFA you have to attack at oppertune moments and remian just on the outside of the battle fighting one oppenent want then capitalizing on the damage the other two are doing to each other.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Tip #1- ffa stock matches promote camping.
Tip #2-choose ike.

:D

but in all seriousness, if the tourney is worth winning, try picking a heavy/powerful character that youre atually good with.

TP

Smash Master
Sadly, this is another category in which MK is top tier. If you are playing stock, just plank or otherwise stay out of the action. Gimp when the opportunity presents itself. Spam tornado. If you are playing timed... do the exact same thing, except with more Dsmash.

If it is a stock FFA and items are on, IDC. They won't notice. GG.

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
Here's everything you need to win a FFA: Pick Snake, Run to the side, spam grenades/missiles/up smash, set down smash traps in front of you.

OR

Pick a character good at planking/spam (MK or Falco/Pit Laser/Arrows)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Most people here play one on one's, and teams so a Free For All guide isn't likely to find. But I will say this, go after the strongest person, and make sure the weakest person mistakenly help you win, that's my tip. ;D ♥

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Stay in a close second because everyone always goes after whos doing the best.
Then at the end, catch up and win. =)

Top Bottom