• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Pulling: Cracked(For real this time)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Been meaning to ask 2link, but how did you get those cool renders of Peach turning for the visual example?

They're really nice. :o

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Meno basically I went into VS. mode and kept turning Peach around till I got the right pose for the direction I wanted her to be facing lol. West, South, and East were easy but everything else took some time to do. Later when I had like two or three directions left I figured out that I had the unlimited camera control code and all I had to do was turn the camera around for the right pose T.T . I then went to this site: http://xane.nijumi.de/Brawl/Decrypter/ and converted the snapshots to pictures. Then I spent like an hour using the lasso tool in GIMP to cut Peach out of all the pictures, and line her poses up. Using that frame info I mentioned in the guide I learned the earliest and latest visual points for her to do the free pull and just made the windows to illustrate. I knew that having a visual cue given to you guys would make learning it soo much easier than me just giving you guys an input and raw frame info. Also yeah the poses came out pretty cool when I cut them out lol. If you guys ever want some poses for diagrams you ever feel like making for something I'd be happy to make some.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
This is really great! It took me a little while but I was able to get the hang of it!
Random, I know, but how the **** do you get the name "Brawlin" when you joined this month and it's been out almost three years, maybe more... The fact that it wasn't already taken amazes me to no end.

But yeah, good job. I still suck at it. xD

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Random, I know, but how the **** do you get the name "Brawlin" when you joined this month and it's been out almost three years, maybe more... The fact that it wasn't already taken amazes me to no end.
Haha, yeah I actually wondered the same thing when I was registering.:laugh:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Omg I can reverse them too!! OMG the more I practice this, the more I feel like my Peach will become the biggest threat ever!! :o

Every Peach who doesn't B-stick (pretty much every Peach besides Meno) need to practice this NOW!!!!!!!!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm I'm worndering if there's any chance this may be included in the Peach Back Room's sticked thread? People continually seem to be dicovering this thread and with a link inside the PBR thread there's less worry about this drifting over to the second page.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
This should be stickied. This is one of the best threads ever on the Peach boards!!

Seriously.

I've had a breakthrough with Peach and I guarantee that if you guys don't practice this, my Peach will become #1 incorporating both b-stick and c-stick Peach trixies. <3

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
This is pretty awesome. I am god-awful at it though so far. I usually end up pushing the control stick too far and end up using Peach Bomber. So if you end up using Peach Bomber you pushed the stick too far, and if you use toad you didn't push down far enough. Doing it in training mode takes me some time. I'm sure doing it in a real match, when my hands start shaking uncontrollably, should be good fun.

Anyway, awesome thread, I understood it completely. <3

Onions

Smash Rookie
Urr you didnt explain how to do it while dashing atleast i dont think so. i would like if you did :D.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
@Onions What you are talking about is Bonewalking. Bonewalking is canceling the end frames of the foxtrot(small dash like when you tap the stick forward) with a tunip pull. That one is generally regarded as easier than free-pulling, which my thread was solely about. People confuse Free-Pulling and Bonewalking pretty often lol. I'm pretty sure there's some guide info on Bonewalking in the stickied thread called 'The NEW Peach Guide'.

@Brawlin I'm kinda of the opinion that something should be done with this thread like adding it to the PBR guide/sticky/etc., but I dunno. Air and Edrees haven't really expressed interest or opinion to this since it was made. It's to their discretion though so I just hope this thing floats around the first page of the board for people to learn if interested.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman

@Brawlin I'm kinda of the opinion that something should be done with this thread like adding it to the PBR guide/sticky/etc., but I dunno. Air and Edrees haven't really expressed interest or opinion to this since it was made. It's to their discretion though so I just hope this thing floats around the first page of the board for people to learn if interested.
Yea they r the moderators lol. But it probably will stay on the first page of the Peach boards anyway.

Control Freak

Smash Rookie
Not really new here per say as I used to have an account that randomly barred me from using it and I have just read without posting for a while. Anyway I've been able to master all of the tech's on here I have seen but a couple. This one was hard but I have it down pretty well. Different than most people though is that I have an easier time doing it reverse which I turn around, push down b, and then the other way. Probably on a good day I have 75% success doing that.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wow this was good 2link. Thanks. For myself so far i have the easiest time with method 2. I have z set to special instead. The only ways i've been able to free pull after a move is b-sticking(so god dam easy) and method 2 which is a bit harder but after 5 minutes i could get it decently enough so with legit practice i could see that way work for me.

Woops blabbering...=.=

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dark Pch. method worked well for me. I can only do it about 20% of the time, but I at least understand how it's done.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
just read this. tiltin' the stick is a pretty great idea. been at it for 20 minutes but I can get spurts of 3 in a row at least like 20 percent of the time.

i'm not bothering w/ slowing it down. just do normal speed. the trick to it, the hard part, is doing the tilted reverse hadouken in one fluid motion. after the turnip pull though ya have forever to decide if u wanna slide left or right but doing the pivot and pull in one fluid motion is hard but i think that's the key.

excellent thread 2link.

EDIT: one thing I just noticed that helps me a lot is if you press B as soon as you do the pivot b/c by then you'll prob already be in the process of tilting down so the turnip pull ends up buffering out of the pivot a lot easier.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I remember when I first posted it you thought it was meh in comparison to Rick's method. Did you not read it back then? xD

Yeah though it's really easy when you put the time into it. You just need to be willing to put the effort into integrating it when you're actually playing a match. It's hella easy in training mode, but fine inputs like this will be really tough in a more stressful atmosphere. I haven't started yet, but I plan to.

:rosalina:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i prob didn't rly even try it coz my tech skill was worse back then. then i played marvel for a few weeks and was like well i guuuuuuueess i cud practice brawl stuff too if it came down to it lol.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
After experimenting with both methods I would definitely say this was much easier. Sure everything's reliant on the Control Stick but when you have to use up a button that many Peach's use for Jump AND when iirc you have to input both L and the C Stick on the same frame, this method is by far easier to do
I need to try using Z instead, I don't like using triggers for precise inputs :c

But yea, I take back what I said in past - if you're going to learn a method, learn this one :p

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
For the outcasts:

If you use the Wiichuck, Rickerdy's method is easier. Set down D-pad to Down Smash (setting the D-pad to smashes is advisable anyway), go to training mode, follow the instruction in the OP and spend 5 minutes to learn the technique.

:053:

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty easy with Z set to specials. If you absolutely need your Z button set to something else then 2Link's method is better.

Top Bottom