• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Uair on ganon when he releases you from his up b (+vid) - The 'backfire Uair'

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Oh thats right...

Can you use falcon dive right after this? *imagines getting ganonraped and then returning it with a YESZ!*

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I don't have Brawl right now, but I keep thinking there's something we're not thinking of... or otherwise won't both upBs become more or less useless for stage spikes and get counterattacked most of the time?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Falcon dive will not work. Falcon Dive isn't momentum cancelling so you just fly back. You'll also get a B-move punishment push (check out some of Infzy's DI vids on youtube if you have no clue what this is). This makes Falcon dive ineffective on it. It also doesn't come out fast enough.
And t3h n00b, this only applies to Ganons recovery, not Falcon.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
No.
Falcon's up b has too much knockback/hitstun, even when the opponent has around 90% damage.

Ganon's up b just turns weird after ganon's opponent has more than 90% damage.. :p

on another note, marth's Fair is also confirmed to be a backfire aerial.
Wow, you would think that Ganon's would have the knockback. I guess his is all about damage.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Wow, and doesn't Ganon's have less range too? I'm pretty sure it does used as a recovery move, but maybe the grab range for it is different. I'd guess weight, but weights in Brawl are pretty uniform (Bowser isn't more than 150% of Jigglypuff's weight).

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Falcon dive will not work. Falcon Dive isn't momentum cancelling so you just fly back. You'll also get a B-move punishment push (check out some of Infzy's DI vids on youtube if you have no clue what this is). This makes Falcon dive ineffective on it. It also doesn't come out fast enough.
And t3h n00b, this only applies to Ganons recovery, not Falcon.
Didjya test it? Or is this just saying stuffs?

Not being rude or anything.

Anyways, uair is more than sufficient, uair > falcon dive recovery, or if you have your second jump/a wall to bounce on uair > uair/flub knee/sweet knee/dair > recovery

TP

Smash Master
Did you honestly have to make this thread?
The real question is why it was made here, of all places.

MK is my secondary. I've started Uair strings that end in killing Ganon off the top using this. Poor Ganon. :(

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Wait a minute. I looked at one of my past vids and did this on samus. o_O it was dated 9-22-08

TP

Smash Master
Yeah, every Ganon faces a level 9 Luigi or MK at some point. When we do, we learn this. Happened to me last summer, I believe. It is a rite of passage. Only after watching a computer punish you for doing something well can you truly understand what it is to main Ganon.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Rephrased:
It was never published to the Falcons, and a Falcon main has heard this, wanting to share this with the community.
Secrecy in a board is gay :(

TP

Smash Master
Rephrased:
It was never published to the Falcons, and a Falcon main has heard this, wanting to share this with the community.
Secrecy in a board is gay :(
Grab outprioritizes Murder Choke.

Happy now?

Top Bottom