• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friday Midnight Weekly Tournament

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'll sign up but probably be home by 12:15am

IF THAT'S TOO LATE i can sub in if someone no-shows

Studstill

Smash Ace
OK SO EVERY POST AFTER THIS ONE IS A SIGN UP FOR THIS WEEKS, 10/11/14 tournament

Studstill

Smash Ace
3 people signed up....if 16 it will award a spot to the Apex Qualifier Tournament, if 32, then 4 spots.
Do not post anything about anything other than "I will sign up, here`s how to contact me" Twilight PM me your skype or somesuch

Shears

Smash Master
I don't think he means qualify into bracket I think he means qualify for his expense paid trip to Apex. Qualify to have travel, lodging, and entry fee paid for.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I don't think he means qualify into bracket I think he means qualify for his expense paid trip to Apex. Qualify to have travel, lodging, and entry fee paid for.
No ****. Thanks, Shears for clearing that up for him.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
he said "final tournament," which i take to mean APEX. like i said, travel, lodging and entry fee is a sweet deal for whoever wins. 'slong as there's no silly **** like "you`ve won! congratulations! you`re now receiving seeding points!"

Shears

Smash Master
We all know studstill doesn't use words or punctuation like the rest of us and that's why there is a lot of confusion around everything he posts. But I've also learned how to interpret the words he uses to what he means.

Studstill

Smash Ace
"seeding points."
In fact, that`s exactly what I meant: All entrants in any tournament, and all ranked players will get 40 seeding points.

Edit: This is clearly sarcasm, as I have no idea what
he said "final tournament," which i take to mean...seeding points!"
is referring to, as I said nothing of the sort. Sarcasm.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
We all know studstill doesn't use words or punctuation like the rest of us and that's why there is a lot of confusion around everything he posts. But I've also learned how to interpret the words he uses to what he means.
Too high level for some; Shears, already a master in his own right, wishes to expand his wizardry by acquiring my power through understanding. Speaking of which, call me dammit, lol.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
and to be perfectly clear, the apex brackets will be wholly unaffected by this event.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Just so we are clear: I don`t acknowledge you as an authority on any matter, much less Super Smash Bros 64 skills.

Take it off this thread.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
@ Alex Strife Alex Strife i trust that there won't be any kind of seeding things based around things like this, yes?

also studstill you can't talk about smash 64 skills. we all know you're bad.

and to further my last statement: please don't say ignorant things like, "I don`t acknowledge you as an authority on any matter, much less Super Smash Bros 64 skills" and then get double 4 and 5 stocked...it makes you look sillier than you already do.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I never even heard of this...what is this
Hi again, Alex!
So yeah, over there at the site we`re running a series of free online tournaments, where you can win entries into a final (not free) tournament, the prize pool of which will be transportation, lodging, and entry fees to your lovely Apex 2015 tournament.
How awesome is that?
Speaking of Apex 2015 and SSB64, I`m very concerned about Cobr (Rob Stone`s) involvement in any capacity. Does he speak for you, and the tournament? Does he volunteer or coordinate the seeding and/or have any other responsibilities at the premier International Smash event?
If so, I would strongly recommend you reconsider his involvement. His blatant favoritism and cronyism is a cancer at the heart of tournament SSB64, and his almost unbelievable (a twitter feed!) cyber-stalking of smash players for his own enjoyment is tantamount to sadism, if not at the least incredibly poor judgement and immaturity.
Those are very serious accusations, and I do not make them lightly. I look forward to your tournament, and hope there is enough interest in this idea that we can send one more player to what is sure to be an awesome time!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
nice try. i'll do seeding again considering that me and nintendude got it relatively right and all, but i have no interest in to'ing because of the toll it takes on your gameplay.

i'm pretty sure i can speak (on opinion) for apex, seeing as how we've essentially reached a consensus with regard to bracket types and events leading up. notably, that there are no such things as qualifying events or seeding points.

i also always volunteer to do commentary because it's a good way to get the community involved.

so please, cut the fake **** out and just accept that travel + lodging + fees are good, and your initial early statement about qualifying for seeding is wrong. that's literally all you have to do. your website has absolutely nothing to do with any organized tournament series and i think it's best to keep it that way.

also, this is what happens when you disagree with studstill about anything. so i think it's best to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Too high level for some; Shears, already a master in his own right, wishes to expand his wizardry by acquiring my power through understanding. Speaking of which, call me dammit, lol.
Man, the guy comes in to defend you and your ego simply cannot accept it, so you mention how Shears is learning from you instead of simply letting it be or saying "Thanks." In fact, you even end with shooting a demand his way lol. IMHO, you're lucky to have someone like Shears by your side.

You need to let it all go man, just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Studstill

Smash Ace
Oh guys so Unk is actually going to play in a tournament? I`m stoked!
Rob, I`m not trying to do anything, your behavior is repulsive, and that video what happens when I hit my abuse limit, not whenever someone "disagrees" with me. Pretty sure I never said anything about seeding, that you just invented that to create a problem and then summon Alex to deal with it, idk, man, just maybe leave me alone?
It`s not my fault Shears is the only one who understands what I say, lol. I was complimenting him, not ego-bashing, lol, totally misread.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you're concerned with getting the last word? Is your next line gonna be, I know you are but what am I?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
maybe if i have wifi in my hotel room

jk who even uses wifi

Shears

Smash Master
As far as signing up for this tournament, entrants no longer need to post here and have the TO add them. They can simply create an account on the site if they do not currently have one, and join the tournament from the URL linked above.

Top Bottom