• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friday the 13th

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. There was one of these LAST Friday the 13th.

2. Stop posting crap cut-pasted from Wikipedia.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My friend was in a show, and during one of her songs, she started coughing up blood.

Ooooo.

Spot

Smash Cadet
My friend pointed out the humor in the fact that 7/7/07 and Friday the thirteenth happened in the same week this year.

Dimentio

Smash Rookie
Where did it start? How has it evolved? Is it good or bad luck?
The origins of Friday superstitions are many. One of the best known is that Eve tempted Adam with the apple on a Friday. Tradition also has it that the Flood in the Bible, the confusion at the Tower of Babel.

The origins of the Friday the 13th superstition have also been linked to the fact there were 13 people at the last supper of Jesus, who was traditionally crucified on Good Friday, but it probably originated only in medieval times.

It has also been linked to the fact that a lunisolar calendar must have 13 months in some years, while the solar Gregorian calendar and lunar Islamic calendar always have 12 months in a year.

andalau

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Texas Hold'em during a previous Friday the 13th with a couple of friends and the flop was : 6, 6, 6. Pretty crazy huh?

CrystalMidnight

Smash Cadet
To be honest out of all the days in the year I only like Friday the 13. No I'm not superstitous but it's the day I get to bug the **** out of my mom cause she is superstitous!!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Meh. I'm not superstitious, but the Bombers did lose to the Eskis on Friday =(

Oddly enough we rarely lose on Friday the 13ths, and have never lost to the Eskis on a Ft13.

Top Bottom