• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FRIENDLY FIRE Presents: SSBM - Storrs, CT - April 11th [Plus] SETUPS NEEDED!!!

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
dayums i just briefly read the thread. could u give me an average number of how many people came last time (or at most CT tournys) also if a decent amount of people show up, but theres time left would throwing in an extra event be possible (such as low tiers) for like $5 per person or soemthing

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
if we get thumbs to come, will you come? (ps. I'm catching your post count son!)
I want to play CT people so I might come no matter what. I'm going to have to double check my calendar.

oh and ps - I blame the 'tea room' :mad:

I'm not sure if I could make it to this. But if Cog goes I'd have to go.
You should come to mass madness instead?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I want to play CT people so I might come no matter what. I'm going to have to double check my calendar.

oh and ps - I blame the 'tea room' :mad:

You should come to mass madness instead?
lol I don't think I would have any way of getting there. Unless there's some bus that'll take me near there from Maryland or something.

Scar

#HarveyDent
where in CT is this? if i can get wife and NY to go to this theres a good chance i'll be taking mango with me

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
also if a decent amount of people show up, but theres time left would throwing in an extra event be possible (such as low tiers) for like $5 per person or soemthing
Yeah, absolutely. Ill run any sort of low tier, crew battle, whatever tournament after the doubles ends. Ill print up the bracket and everything, its no sweat off of my back. Methinks an all-Yoshi tournament...

Yeah, for turnout im guessing/hoping 30 plus entrants and maybe some more people for just friendlies.

Also, weve decided that the team with the best name is going to win free candy and top seed in the doubles (i.e. a bye) so start formulating now.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Haha, that's too funny.

Lemme know if you get a ssb64 tourny going as I'd like to go to that. Would it be on the wii or on the n64 system? Also, byoc for that I'm assuming...

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
64 tournament is coming soon, most likely mid-May. Were gonna hype the **** out of it. And its gotta be classic n64s all the way. Is there even a way to play smash 64 on the wii?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah I have it on my Wii, gotta hack it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hypeeeeee!!!!! How big is Friendly Fire, i've never been inside the store (even though I'm like 5 mins away from it at all times LOL). What do you think is the max amount of people that could comfortably fit inside?

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
id say probably 45-50 people comfortably. depends on how comfortable you are with ur fellow smashers

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, I'm not going to super hype this up then.

Also, how many is he looking for for there to be melee tournies every now and then at Friendly Fire?

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
The store is relatively small, smaller than Battlegrounds, but we had 40 people in the store at the last brawl tournament and it wasn't too crowded by any means. I doubt well get too close to breaking fire codes or anything. if we get at least 30 people, i think were solid for a melee tourney probably every 6-8 weeks.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll bring like 5-10 of my scrub friends since they'll probably want to do this.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Chum its down the road from Friendlies past uconn, its like 3 minutes away.

Also, the owner said hes gonna rearrange the layout of the store to fit more setups and more people, so id say we can fit at least 50 people with ease. I misspoke when i said it wasn't really as big as battlegrounds. Dimension-wise, they've only got like 5 feet of width and 10 feet of length on friendly fire.

Anyway, spawn u should come by the store and play melee if u only live 5 minutes away, first hour is free!!!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Then I'll start coming for an hour lol. How much is it/hr?

Also, Steve, most people don't know this, but they're imaginary. Hopefully that clears some things up.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Chum its down the road from Friendlies past uconn, its like 3 minutes away.

Also, the owner said hes gonna rearrange the layout of the store to fit more setups and more people, so id say we can fit at least 50 people with ease. I misspoke when i said it wasn't really as big as battlegrounds. Dimension-wise, they've only got like 5 feet of width and 10 feet of length on friendly fire.

Anyway, spawn u should come by the store and play melee if u only live 5 minutes away, first hour is free!!!
Ok, i live like 3 miles away, won't be in CT for this though. If you host some in the summer I can go to those, I don't get out of school untill like may 2nd or something like that.

Top Bottom