• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Basically anything involving the Dawn Brigade in Pt3 was just way too hard lol. Ive still yet to finish the game on hard mode (in pt 4).You cannot finish this game first run, without dieing
I lasted all the way till 3-7 (The river chapter on Ike's side) until my first death in my first hard mode run. Mia danced with death being one shot material by wyvern riders for majority of part 3 (yay 30 dodge rate working) and I didn't like the Dawn brigade outside of Nolan who, funny enough, was the best unit to level up. I just lucked out my first run with favorable RNG (Good first level ups) and favorable character choices. Only reason I even remember it was cause it was my first run otherwise people usually don't remember their awesome RNG moments over their bad RNG moments.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Sol0ke Sol0ke
I believe the defense boost you were referring to was the Rudol Gem, which gave a hefty +10 Defense boost. That was hidden though, since you could view it from the inventory. I didn't even struggle on Endgame IV. It was the easiest level in the game for me.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
I lasted all the way till 3-7 (This river chapter on Ike's side) until my first death in my first hard mode run. Mia danced with death being one shot material by wyvern riders for majority of part 3 (yay 30 dodge rate working) and I didn't like the Dawn brigade outside of Nolan who, funny enough, was the best unit to level up. I just lucked out my first run with favorable RNG (Good first level ups) and favorable character choices. Only reason I even remember it was cause it was my first run otherwise people usually don't remember their awesome RNG moments over their bad RNG moments.
Hahaha, funny enough, the only one I neglected was Nolan. I know how good he is, I just liked Leonardo and Edward more (who both kinda sucked). Leo still turned out to be a powerhouse, though nothing really compared to Shinon. This Fire Emblem talk is making me wanna play again but my data got currupted, and I do not feel like playing normal mode all over again.

1337Kai

Smash Cadet
NNID
1337Kai
What's Ike's favorite candy? Mike & Ike!
Where does Ike get his furniture? IKEA
What's Ike's favorite TV show? "Friends"
...I have no life...

gByron

Smash Cadet
I would like ike and marth take slightly less damage from attacks like the defensive effect of deep breathing, maybe for ganon too. They are armoured and ragnell boosts defense for ike. It would be a nice touch since marth is a low tier and ike is hard to play

I played it like seven times(only once in hard mode). Deghinsea was a challenge to me as I had not brought any laguz king nor ilyana.
In rivals collide I made ike fight contre black knight. Black knight killed mia with 100% accuracy :( I only picked males for final though with micaiah sanaki and occasionally heather leanne marcia sigrun or tanith

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Neither of their armor is very useful in reality. You wouldn't block much with it anyways.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So after upgrading my router, I realized I can actually play on wifi without raging. Guess I'll be playing smash4 more often now.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
One thing that has been bugging me lately is how strict the timing of Ike and Charizard's fair auto-cancel is. Too often I find myself imputing the command too late and getting punished as a result. Its very odd especially considering Sakurai's normal philosophy of making things as simple as possible for less experienced players.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I just bring all discussions to the board, so I never saw the need.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Looking to get some practice before tourney tomorrow. I'll be available late tonight

NeoArcadiaX_SM

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperMario248
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWp_xZziyQqb6Tumr2VgM3A/videos

Here's some of my matches with Ike against some really good players. Feel free to check it out, criticize, and learn from them! :D
I tend to go to this venue every Thursday which usually features Larry, K9, and other amazing players, so you guys can always check me out at twitch.tv/fadgames.

ESC Artiste

The One Who Smashes All
NNID
Ember
3DS FC
1435-6612-4647
Well, I'm new to competitive Smash using Ike, though I have years of experience with him owning lv.9 CPUs on a 1v1. Any suggestions for things I may want to train or watch out for in competitive Smash?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Probably going up against human opponents to work out what actions are best for reading and conditioning opponents and faking them out, since it's impossible to fake out a CPU when they know all of your button inputs and can react in milliseconds.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Hey Ike board, just wanted to say thanks for the help you've given me over the past few months. You guys really helped me do well at MomoCon.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Nice!

For those Brawl Ikes out there: Mr. Doom SDI still exists! http://www.gfycat.com/BestMedicalEuropeanfiresalamander
Yeah, I actually took 4th out of 250. I even managed to take down Scatt, who's #4 in GA. I'm overwhelmed and humbled it happened, too.

Anyway, I feel one of the things that helped me get so far is I didn't fight any terrible matchups. There were no Sheiks to completely 7-3 me, and the Luigi I played I used Link instead. My biggest things I need to work on now are:

-Aerial defense and how to avoid getting juggled repeatedly.
-Matchups
-Secondaries

The last two go hand-in-hand. If my opponent plays Sheik, Luigi, Greninja, or Fox, should I switch to Link or Mega Man?

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
That feel when some characters don't get hit by the entirety of down throw, so it only does 4 percent leading to only ~15 percent links.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
LOL goddamn dude

Is the Ike Skype chat active? I left because barely anyone talks there anymore.
It's inconsistent, there are periods of no activity whatsoever followed by bursts of long conversations.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Sweet Jebus, miniature Ike is kind of terrifying!

I think I've hit the big leagues now. I got called "URCHEAP" on For Glory... with Ike... against a Ness player. A Ness who double jump Faired offstage into my Fsmash twice, no less.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
My Ike got called broken and was gonna get reported.

By a Falcon player.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Man, Abyssal never fails to make me laugh.

In other news, I just beat the Black Knight on Path of Radiance. Took a few resets to get it just right, but I managed.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
So, with the possibility of another balance patch to be released together with the Lucas DLC, should we not expect any changes to Ike, since nothing major happened to him in 1.0.6/1.0.7?

^-^

Betvinga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Betvinga
So, with the possibility of another balance patch to be released together with the Lucas DLC, should we not expect any changes to Ike, since nothing major happened to him in 1.0.6/1.0.7?

^-^
Since it's a character that is heavily underplayed even in Japan I highly doubt it.
Give us back Brawl Ike's Jab!

Maik93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maik_93

^-^
Here is my wishlist:
- Super armor during the whole aether
- Aethercides kill oponnents first (so that Ike is finally respected off-stage)
- Not going into invunerable state after QD if you haven't use your double jump yet

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Here is my wishlist:
- Super armor during the whole aether
- Aethercides kill oponnents first (so that Ike is finally respected off-stage)
- Not going into invunerable state after QD if you haven't use your double jump yet
I agree with these

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Since it's a character that is heavily underplayed even in Japan I highly doubt it.
Give us back Brawl Ike's Jab!
Ike's Jab in SSBB was amazing. 16% damage AND with cancel properties. The nerf was justifiable, but I think it was a little too much. I didn't mind the damage reduction, but having better IASA frames would have been nice for easier follow-ups. It probably won't ever happen, though, especially with how Link's Jab 1 was obliterated in the recent update.

One thing that still bothers me is that Ike's Jab does 1% less damage than Shulk's, and the latter has a much scrawnier appearance lol. Ike's Counter could also be better. In SSB4, Marth's damage multiplier for Counter was raised to 1.2x, whereas Ike's stayed the same, making his just as powerful as Ike's.

For me, personally, I would like to see...

+ Damage outputs for Jab and F-air raised to 12% and 13%, respectively.
+ Damage multiplier for Counter raised to 1.3x.
+ Aether can snap ledges backward again.

^-^

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
My wishlist for buffs are:

Aether Buffs: As a recovery move, we need super armor and backward ledge grabs. Recovering against opponents with counter is no fun. Damage buff would be appreciated as well.

Eruption Buff: Super Armor throughout the entirety of the move and knockback buff would make this move safer.

Heavy Armor Smash Attacks: Ike's Smash attacks are very slow but don't KO super early. Having armor would increase the viability of these moves.

Brawl Jab: Ike would have safe way to shake off pressure as well as one of the best punish & combo games in the cast, which could make him a viable high-tier character.

Project M Nair: Sevres the same purpose as Jab, just as an aerial.

On the topic of fe:if, the whole concept had me sold when I first saw it, but Nintendo finally convinced me to get and amiibo.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I would imagine because of cheesy spikes from dragging opponents off the side. Though I have to admit, balanced be damned, it'd be funny to see the Ike matchup for all other characters turn into "OH GOD STAY AWAY FROM THE EDGES".

My wishlist for changes nowadays are:

- Dair: Either give it back its lingering hitbox, make it much quicker, or change the entire blade to a meteor hitbox instead of just the tip. It's super slow, requires you to buy it dinner before it'll spike for you, and has barely any active frames, at least let it do SOMETHING right.
- Fthrow: Damage buff to 11%, in line with most other "damaging" throws. Some opponents just don't want to be comboed and damn it, Kirby and Jigglypuff get damaging throws when they literally don't have fingers or arms!
- Aether: Extend the armor frames to the startup and the jump, instead of just when Ike is in the crouching pose, ending when he catches the blade. Let it snap when sweetspotted, even if the sweetspot has to be rather small. With so many windbox moves and customs in the game Aether can't deal with that kind of crippling vulnerability.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Oh god the windboxes. Definitely not fun to deal with when I'm playing Ike. They literally just spam it when you're recovering.

Top Bottom