• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I bet. You should come over to the ZSS board from time to time, I sometimes feel like I'm constantly talking to the same 5 persons over there, although some of them are a great inspiration.
I will, I mainly stayed on the Ike and a little on the Robin boards because people are really friendly on both boards.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Sexy" isn't the best word to describe Ike nor ZZS at all. I mean those are video game characters we're talking about.

Arrei

Smash Lord
If people can find sexiness in ordinary objects shaped vaguely like body parts, you can bet your buns those two are also sexy.

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
I mean those are video game characters we're talking about.
Bruh, if some people can find floor tiles attractive, others fawning over Zero Suit Samus's fictional booty is nothing. At least she's humanoid.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bruh, if some people can find floor tiles attractive, others fawning over Zero Suit Samus's fictional booty is nothing. At least she's humanoid.
If it was a cosplayer doing Zero Suit Samus or even Rosalina, then I wouldn't mind seeing them as attractive.

And I ain't yo "bruh", homie.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
"Wat" do you mean you "can't compute"?
I don't want to get too lewd but look at those two.
How the hell are they not sexy. Their bodies are perfection. Both could easily be top models in real life.
Hell, if Ike would keep his personality he would be hotter than freakin Ian Somerhalder and that guy is a legit 9.5/10.
I can't even continue describing them without summoning the wrath of a mod.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't want to get too lewd but look at those two.
How the hell are they not sexy. Their bodies are perfection. Both could easily be top models in real life.
Hell, if Ike would keep his personality he would be hotter than freakin Ian Somerhalder and that guy is a legit 9.5/10.
I can't even continue describing them without summoning the wrath of a mod.
That's a pretty good idea right there because that was way too much anyways.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Like that's going to happen. I see that the Robin social is more active than it is in here.
We have weeaboos. Ike social doesn't (well not that I know of)

Don't like every other social just for activity. Zelda and Link social are just that but for the wrong reasons

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706

Don't like every other social just for activity. Zelda and Link social are just that but for the wrong reasons
I personally prefer less active socials tbh anyways, it feels a lot more at home since not only do you get more coherent conversations, but it also has a more...personal(?) feel because I mean you start to feel a sense of comaderie with the few amount of people in the socials.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I personally prefer less active socials tbh anyways, it feels a lot more at home since not only do you get more coherent conversations, but it also has a more...personal(?) feel because I mean you start to feel a sense of comaderie with the few amount of people in the socials.
It's easier to fight for your friends if you don't have to watch out for a few 1000.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Amen on the Zelda social. I mean that place is just never ending hell.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Amen on the Zelda social. I mean that place is just never ending hell.
I have sympathy for them (I'm sorry), if you look at Zelda's tier positioning no matter the smash game you eventually go insane.
May god have mercy on their poor lost souls.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have sympathy for them (I'm sorry), if you look at Zelda's tier positioning no matter the smash game you eventually go insane.
If Zelda's "tier placement" is the main reason why those ******* go crazy over there, then that's just stupid.
Plus, they get no sympathy from me. :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
:4myfriends: To master the ways of Ike you must have no sympathy for anyone, unless they are your friends. :4myfriends:
I wish they would look at PM because Zelda actually decent in PM. Hopefully they buff her more, she needs it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Could've have said it better myself, minus the buff Zelda thing. I don't care about this buff/nerf ****.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Who do you pick as your secondary? Do you use said characters to beat any of Ike's bad matchups in tournaments?

I'm a Mario secondary, personally. He's been one of my Top 3 since SSB64, and has applied in every game. Since this is the first game he's actually good in, I'm proud to actually use him in matches. However, the only "pocket" characters I've switched to were Mega Man and Link - Mega Man to take out a Sheik, and Link to beat a Luigi. I feel the buffs Ike has gotten has necessitated less switching, but just in case it's needed, I have Mario at the ready.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Since I'm little more than a For Glory Hero, my usual secondary is Bowser, not for covering Ike's bad matchups, but for dealing with the infamous roll spammers that spend the whole fight running away when I'm feeling too lazy to make reads. His dash grab and Whirling Fortress quickly shut down any attempts at scrub tactics and Bowser Bomb ends their stock easily.

However, I used to play a lot of Pikachu in previous Smash games so I still pull out the little fella so I can work on my aggro game.

I usually cycle around Ganondorf, Dedede, Roy, Ryu, and Villager as well, to keep myself rounded on play styles. I've been working a bit on Donkey Kong, Kirby, Charizard, and Luigi, though I'm not really privy to their inner workings as much.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Edgeguarding with Ike is pure sex.
I wasn't prepared for so many eruption > butthurt true combos.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
Edgeguarding with Ike is pure sex.
I wasn't prepared for so many eruption > butthurt true combos.
Eruption and f-air edge guarding are so good. It's funny when they airdodge the f-air, then you turn around Aether and get the spike off, they die and you grab the ledge. I can't do it consistently, but I'm trying to figure out the exact distance.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Eruption and f-air edge guarding are so good. It's funny when they airdodge the f-air, then you turn around Aether and get the spike off, they die and you grab the ledge. I can't do it consistently, but I'm trying to figure out the exact distance.
Edgeguard eruption is great. Especially against counter spammers.

Eruption is such a fun move

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
One of my favourites is countering the Luigi sSpecial. Everything Ike does just looks so satisfying.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
One of my favourites is countering the Luigi sSpecial. Everything Ike does just looks so satisfying.
We just destroy Luigi IMO, we keep him out with our disjoints, we can combo him for a while, and counter and eruption while he is recovering beats him almost every time. The only thing he has over us are the projectiles.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
We just destroy Luigi IMO, we keep him out with our disjoints, we can combo him for a while, and counter and eruption while he is recovering beats him almost every time. The only thing he has over us are the projectiles.
With my low experience so far, I feel like the MU is at least even. Our edgeguarding capabilities against him are just so damn good and the disjoints destroy him.
It still gets very ugly if he gets in though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Luigi MU is somewhere between -1 and +1.

Both can screw over the other in some very key areas. Repeatedly. The question is who can get to their key area more often.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
True, his grabs hurt, no matter who you play. We beat Luigi offstage and he beats us when he is up in our faces. So I think it's even enough because we have tools to keep him out, but he has tools to get in, so I think is probably 50/50 or 45/55 Ike. I probably need more experience with the MU before finalizing my opinion.

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
hey new member and an Ikea secondary who wants to become more active on smashboards so how far do you think Ile can be pushed competitively

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I'm having a bit of trouble with this tech, is it just me or is it hard for Ike to pull it off.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm having a bit of trouble with this tech, is it just me or is it hard for Ike to pull it off.
It's just you :p
But seriously, the dash animation from Ike can be a bit irritating, but once you got it down it's pretty easy.
Ike's is pretty solid too since his dash range is rather short.
I love doing it with ZSS because it looks so pretty but dashing is a huge commitment with her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom