• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Brawl Two Phantoms Were Born - Big Boss/Naked Snake for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just hoping A Snake gets into the game. I'm really hoping (and assuming) that Snake won't be removed. But I do have my doubts...
Snake was in by Sakurai's favor. If he's removed, Sakurai risks making an enemy of Kojima.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. Just keep Snake the same.... A Big Boss costume is great, but he shouldn't replace the character.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah. Just keep Snake the same.... A Big Boss costume is great, but he shouldn't replace the character.
Why does he have to remain unchanged though? Its nice to have him retain the same feeling but Id like it if there was something new to look forward to with him other than the new physics or feel of the game engine. And yes im just hoping he makes a return as well, and if he remained unchanged it wouldnt bother me, id just like to see some new stuff to keep things interesting.

D

Deleted member

Well obviously he needs SOME change. Parts of him are broken.
He has that "intended to be a larger character" feel to him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel Solid Snake is the face of the series but at this point NS has been in more games. If nothing else, Snake will have and eyepatch in one costume.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I feel Solid Snake is the face of the series but at this point NS has been in more games. If nothing else, Snake will have and eyepatch in one costume.
Id be at least happy with that, if it were the only option given to us. Im just curious what they are gonna do with snake if he returns because there is no point in just keeping him limited to mgs2 snake forever

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
*Bump*

Even though, MGSV will not be on a Nintendo platform, do you think it might cause Snake's design to become one of Big Bosses? It wouldn't be that unorthodox since we did have an MGS2 design mixed with 3 for alts. Which at the time neither of those ones been on Nintendo platform. Also with MGS3D it might boost the chance of it being Naked Snake. What do you guys think?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
*Bump*

Even though, MGSV will not be on a Nintendo platform, do you think it might cause Snake's design to become one of Big Bosses? It wouldn't be that unorthodox since we did have an MGS2 design mixed with 3 for alts. Which at the time neither of those ones been on Nintendo platform. Also with MGS3D it might boost the chance of it being Naked Snake. What do you guys think?
Its definitely possible with MGS3D released in 2012, as you can see im definitely hoping for the big boss update because he brings far more with him than just a cosmetic treatment. And with mgs3 in mind we might even see a 3DS level based on that, if he returns and if third party characters get their own handheld stages too.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Its definitely possible with MGS3D released in 2012, as you can see im definitely hoping for the big boss update because he brings far more with him than just a cosmetic treatment. And with mgs3 in mind we might even see a 3DS level based on that, if he returns and if third party characters get their own handheld stages too.
I would think so, as Sonic and Megaman can work with it to, having titles on the handhelds also. If we were to have a MGS3 based stage where might be a good place to have it?I only have 4 in mind that might work either the broken down warehouse at the beginning of the game (the name alludes me at the moment), Sorrow's river, The flower field where the Battle with the Boss was, and Grozny Grad. I feel the third one might be the most iconic for people who played the game in it's entirety, and the first one notable, for people who don't own the game, but played the 3DS demo. The 3rd ones are in-betweens, that I thought would make good settings.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just started Peace Walker the other day to get myself ready for V. I do like Big Boss. I just hope that whoever isn't the default skin gets in as an alternate. I think that would be the best route for them to take.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I would think so, as Sonic and Megaman can work with it to, having titles on the handhelds also. If we were to have a MGS3 based stage where might be a good place to have it?I only have 4 in mind that might work either the broken down warehouse at the beginning of the game (the name alludes me at the moment), Sorrow's river, The flower field where the Battle with the Boss was, and Grozny Grad. I feel the third one might be the most iconic for people who played the game in it's entirety, and the first one notable, for people who don't own the game, but played the 3DS demo. The 3rd ones are in-betweens, that I thought would make good settings.
I think grozny grad would be the best option, or at least a jungle clearing with a view of it in the background while the shagohod runs along the air strip.

I just started Peace Walker the other day to get myself ready for V. I do like Big Boss. I just hope that whoever isn't the default skin gets in as an alternate. I think that would be the best route for them to take.
Im probably gonna hold off till i can get a ps4 for V, i want to play it at its best, but as of right now there isnt enough of a reason to get one. But yeah id take either option, but id rather have big boss as the default so we can get his interaction and codecs, it would seem a bit redundant to have all the same characters described to a snake thats already faced most of them. Where naked snake would be fresh to the situation along with kaz and whoever else would make it into his convos, id love to see chico talk with pit in a weird anthony del rio paradox, or just him geeking out that yoshi and bowser could be UMA's.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think grozny grad would be the best option, or at least a jungle clearing with a view of it in the background while the shagohod runs along the air strip.

Im probably gonna hold off till i can get a ps4 for V, i want to play it at its best, but as of right now there isnt enough of a reason to get one. But yeah id take either option, but id rather have big boss as the default so we can get his interaction and codecs, it would seem a bit redundant to have all the same characters described to a snake thats already faced most of them. Where naked snake would be fresh to the situation along with kaz and whoever else would make it into his convos, id love to see chico talk with pit in a weird anthony del rio paradox, or just him geeking out that yoshi and bowser could be UMA's.
Yeah I would wait for a PS4. I'm a spoiled brat and already bought myself one, and I'm already saving for an Xbox One. But I would wait to get it. Definitely.

I agree with you on the codec idea. That would make a ton of sense. If they were to keep Solid Snake, I guess that they could have the guys on the codec talk about the more recent affairs, like talking about the Galaxy games for Mario and Peach or stuff like that.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
As a smash and metal gear fan, I'm so down for this. While the snake in brawl was officially solid, he had elements and characteristics of naked; they should do the opposite for this game. Mgs3 is my favorite of the series, and anyone who plays knows how important naked/big boss is, and moreover, it would lend itself so nicely to new moves, stages and of course, the codec calls.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, please. This is really all I want out of Snake, I don't even mind if they don't replace his horrendous side-special. Big Boss will always be my favorite incarnation of "Snake," and I have been advocating this for awhile. I didn't realize this was actually a thread, I thought most propositions for this sort of thing were made in the Snake general thread. With the release of Phantom Pain (and Ground Zeroes) what is a better time to update his design? At the very least he could be a costume. I mean, I already just use "Green" pallet Snake to pretend it is Big Boss as is. I actually like to think that Big Boss is the more prevalent design, although they do seem to use them equally... but Big Boss is just way better. I will be disappointed if they decide to use Old Snake as an alternate costume as I honestly have my doubts about which Snake they will pick. Most Smash fans probably don't even know Big Boss exists. So they are probably going to use... Solid. Ugh. :facepalm:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I dont think non-mgs players would even know the difference, but new stages and some weapon/attack changes would benefit everyone, and mgs fans seem supportive of the idea, everyone loves big boss, his costume designs are much cooler looking if you ask me. Should be win-win for all.

Morbi

Scavenger
I dont think non-mgs players would even know the difference, but new stages and some weapon/attack changes would benefit everyone, and mgs fans seem supportive of the idea, everyone loves big boss, his costume designs are much cooler looking if you ask me. Should be win-win for all.
I think it is objective fact that Big Boss has the more ideal costume designs... :awesome:

Metal Gear Solid fans are the important ones when it comes down to it, and I honestly feel as if Big Boss is the more loved character. I mean Solid is in all of the "main" games, but really? Big Boss is usually held to a higher regard (in my completely biased opinion). :smirk:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Why don't we just include both? I mean, Ness was originally going to be the sole Mother representative for Brawl, but Sakurai also really wanted to put Lucas in, so they put them both in. If Sakurai and Kojima are such good friends, then why don't they put in both Snakes? I mean, I get that this might 'over-represent' the Metal Gear series, but would it really be that much of a loss?

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
It'd be nice but it doesn't seem likely. Sakurai doesnt want anymore third party characters, and it is admittedly difficult for a metal gear character to make sense in brawl. Sonic (and hopefully snake) are probably only back in themselves because they were in brawl.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Why don't we just include both? I mean, Ness was originally going to be the sole Mother representative for Brawl, but Sakurai also really wanted to put Lucas in, so they put them both in. If Sakurai and Kojima are such good friends, then why don't they put in both Snakes? I mean, I get that this might 'over-represent' the Metal Gear series, but would it really be that much of a loss?
Ehhh don't see that happening. Moving on to Big Boss makes sense. A hybrid might happen. Hopefully we get Snake back at all. Here's hopin'.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet
Ehhh don't see that happening. Moving on to Big Boss makes sense. A hybrid might happen. Hopefully we get Snake back at all. Here's hopin'.
The Snake in SSBB, while confirmed as Solid Snake, is already a hybrid of both Solid and Naked, such as the green bandanna instead of the blue one, a fuller beard, C3 Butterfly, F-Smash using and RPG-7 from MGS3 the list goes on. But an alt. costume of Big Boss would still be nice.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
The Snake in SSBB, while confirmed as Solid Snake, is already a hybrid of both Solid and Naked, such as the green bandanna instead of the blue one, a fuller beard, C3 Butterfly, F-Smash using and RPG-7 from MGS3 the list goes on. But an alt. costume of Big Boss would still be nice.
I mean yeah he's already a hybrid, but it leans more towards Solid Snake. Shadow Moses, his codec calls, most of his specials. What I meant is more of a 50/50 split hybrid. Maybe.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet
I mean yeah he's already a hybrid, but it leans more towards Solid Snake. Shadow Moses, his codec calls, most of his specials. What I meant is more of a 50/50 split hybrid. Maybe.
Oh, yeah. But I think it should be that way, Sakurai doesn't want to be confusing people. But like you said, an alt. costume would fix that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I can see the reasons for wanting Big Boss over Snake, since Snake's story has ended with MGS4 and the spotlight has been on Big Boss for a while now.

Still, I think Snake should stay the way he is.
Maybe he could have alternate costumes based off Big Boss' outfits from Portable Ops and Peace Walker in addition to costumes based on Solid Snake's outfits from MGS1 and MGS4.

Solid Snake in Brawl is like a composite character who takes elements from both himself and Big Boss, but... I think having Big Boss' facial appearance and costumes could be confusing since the two are separate characters...

----

I do think however, that a new Metal Gear stage should be from MGS3: Snake Eater, because it would represent Big Boss' saga, much like SSBB's Shadow Moses stage represents Solid Snake's saga. And there's also the 3D port of Snake Eater which was an Nintendo-exclusive.

I actually posted an idea for a stage on the old closed social thread a while back.
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-4-wii-u-3ds-topic.324221/page-1134#post-15754961

It'd be set on Groznyj Grad, it would be more actiony than Shadow Moses, and integrate SSB's fighting with Metal Gear's stealth system.

Hazards would be from Big Boss' games, and would include the AI Weapons from Peace Walker, Metal Gear ZEKE, One of the two Metal Gears from Portable Ops, (can't decide which) and of course, the Shagohod.

----

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Long time no update

Anyway, a project M confirmation is at least something right?

It's still not Smash Bros 4 though, old chap. I still believe in the power of the Boss, even if he does turn out to be just an alternate costume for Snake or something. (That leaks sounded pretty legit IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom