• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frumpy Shrubbery- Storrs, CT May 30th/31st melee/ssb64/Brawl+

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
We just hold our Brawl tournies as seperate events.

noodles

Smash Champion
cooperation is nice though >.>.

im holding melee singles for my next brawl tournament

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Oh **** I just realized I'm going to an afternoon wedding that Saturday. Guess I'll be missing another tournament as usual :-\ . I'll try to make it on Sunday if possible.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Noodles we run brawl tournaments at Friendly Fire like every 3 weeks. Theres one going on right now. where are you? Youd prolly win.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ssb64 should be brawl, you would get ALOT more entrants

:oo

noodles

Smash Champion
yeah its really dumb how a game not many people play anymore gets more priority over brawl.

also samikay i had no way of knowing XD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yeah its really dumb how a game not many people play anymore gets more priority over brawl.
This is up to the tournament organizer to decide. There's no reason to call this decision "dumb". If you disagree with the decision, hold your own tournament.

The possibility of less people coming to this tournament because it lacks Brawl is already known. The decision to exclude Brawl is the TO's call.

noodles

Smash Champion
This is up to the tournament organizer to decide. There's no reason to call this decision "dumb". If you disagree with the decision, hold your own tournament.

The possibility of less people coming to this tournament because it lacks Brawl is already known. The decision to exclude Brawl is the TO's call.
The possibility of less people coming to this tournament because it lacks Brawl is already known
i consider losing attendance because someone would rather hold a tournament for a game no one really practices for anymore instead of the game that would attract alot more people pretty dumb.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
i consider losing attendance because someone would rather hold a tournament for a game no one really practices for anymore instead of the game that would attract alot more people pretty dumb.
Would you apply this to Melee as well? Many people who played Melee have switched to Brawl and never looked back. Tournaments for Melee bring in fewer numbers than if they had been for Brawl.

Do you see this as "dumb" for people to hold tournaments for a game that fewer people play and/or practice for? Is lower attendance and a smaller pot more "dumb" than a tournament with higher attendance and a larger pot?

Spife

Smash Master
I'll come for muh tv

and my revenge on V, and Samikay, and roman, and May, and the white man, and apples,

but no seirously I'll probably go.
For revenge on V and Samikay, I hope they go :urg:

noodles

Smash Champion
Would you apply this to Melee as well? Many people who played Melee have switched to Brawl and never looked back. Tournaments for Melee bring in fewer numbers than if they had been for Brawl.

Do you see this as "dumb" for people to hold tournaments for a game that fewer people play and/or practice for? Is lower attendance and a smaller pot more "dumb" than a tournament with higher attendance and a larger pot?
melee is a completely different story

especially since a majority in ct prefer it over brawl

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
fine, then I'll argue that holding brawl tournaments in CT is stupid. Why hold a brawl tourney if more people would come for melee instead?

the same logic applies, if tournaments should only be run based on having the highest possible interest or attendance level, then there should never be tournament diversity, only the most popular game in a given area should ever have tournaments. which is why the TO just gets to decide and if attendance is lower, it's lower, who cares?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
melee is a completely different story

especially since a majority in ct prefer it over brawl
You didn't answer my question. I'm curious about why you feel this is "dumb". As you said, Melee is more popular in CT than either Brawl or SSB64, so the second event is just a side-event.

The only real impact of choosing one over the other is that more may show up for Brawl than for SSB64. Other than that, a possible motivation might be an opportunity to practice Brawl, which is a more profitable option than "wasting time" playing SSB64. Or it could just be that Brawl's more popular than SSB64?

So which is it?
A) More people, better attendance.
B) Opportunity for Brawl practice.
C) Brawl's more popular then SSB64.

From what you posted, it seems like you're saying better attendance should drive the decision. Or maybe all of the above?

I really hate it when people post their opinions and don't give any clear reasons, especially when the opinion is insulting or suggestive, like "this is dumb".

noodles

Smash Champion
yay at the fact that people travel for brawl then. honestly i dont see more than 10 people entering ssb. like roman said i also think its a waste. but in the end it IS what the TO decides to do so whatever.

You didn't answer my question. I'm curious about why you feel this is "dumb". As you said, Melee is more popular in CT than either Brawl or SSB64, so the second event is just a side-event.

The only real impact of choosing one over the other is that more may show up for Brawl than for SSB64. Other than that, a possible motivation might be an opportunity to practice Brawl, which is a more profitable option than "wasting time" playing SSB64. Or it could just be that Brawl's more popular than SSB64?

So which is it?
A) More people, better attendance.
B) Opportunity for Brawl practice.
C) Brawl's more popular then SSB64.

From what you posted, it seems like you're saying better attendance should drive the decision. Or maybe all of the above?

I really hate it when people post their opinions and don't give any clear reasons, especially when the opinion is insulting or suggestive, like "this is dumb".
all of the above and theres alot more positives having brawl than 64. which is why i think having ssb64 over brawl is dumb. :D

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yay at the fact that people travel for brawl then. honestly i dont see more than 10 people entering ssb. like roman said i also think its a waste. but in the end it IS what the TO decides to do so whatever.
****, my post just got cold-shouldered. This makes me really upset.

/slits wrists

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Noodles, only 14 people came to the last brawl tournament. and you did have a way of knowing. not only was it posted under tiournament listings as being a BRAWL TOURNEY IN STORRS, CT but i made several references to it on both the power rankings and player finder threads. Saying that you had no way of knowing is essentially saying that "i am oblivious and/or ignore everything Samikay posts" I find it insulting that you would call an ssb64 tourney "dumb" as it isnt just about what will have the most attendance, but what i believe will be a fun tourney. Because guess what, i get more attendance for halo 3 tourneys, so why run brawl? I will consider running Brawl singles on day 2. ill consult Spawn, but if i get flamed im blaming you nood

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Umm, TO decides blah blah blah. Brawl is a no no because Samikay holds one like once every 3 weeks and you can go to that.

People should do some advertising for this tourny. I'm way too busy with school right now.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Noodles the next brawl tourney at Friendly Fire is June 13th. People who have come so far have been Pipe, Lock, and DarkT, but its been mostly locals. Anybody from the smash community that comes in would prolly clean house.

noodles

Smash Champion
well its not that i had no way of knowing. more like i didnt know about it. anyways ill try to advertise this/the brawl one :D.

mind if i make an allisbrawl page for it samikay?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll MM your sheik for 20 bucks

I've decided that's the best way to make people think this isn't true.
Actually, **** it. I'll go with you.
Make my way down to Providence on Friday night and stay the night with you sound okay?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Pof, you wanna money match me?

I never had a chance to play you in a serious set.

Top Bottom