• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fsmash Ike Spike?

Neokun

Smash Apprentice
This probably would be better suited for the Ike discussion, but I am looking for some quick input and after this, I probably wont check the thread later on so it can die in peace.

Anyway, I got Fsmashed by an Ike last night and got spiked. Is this normal? He was on the ledge, I was coming in to recover, and his Fsmash got me because I was careless [I was playing against someone less experienced] and I went straight the **** down.

Input?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Doubt it. Stage spikes require them to be close to underneath the stage, and a move that reaches down that far. Ike's Fsmash doesn't go that far... and there's the thing about auto-sweetspotting.

But do tell, when you got whacked, did you see a green shockwave of any kind around the moment you got hit?

Tenki

Smash Hero
you could have SDI'd yourself into a stage spike.

I know I hit a Marth with Sonic's B-air as he was jumping off the ledge to spike me and he SDI'd himself downwards so he got himself stage spiked instead of flying off elsewhere.

but the direction that you'd be travelling seems to be pretty different in that case `.`;

Neokun

Smash Apprentice
It seems like a stage-spike is the most obvious solution here, though I dont remember any shockwaves hitting the stage.

Top Bottom