• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt Lock?

Villi

Smash Lord
Hey all, I am thinking of starting this game and picking up Sheik again... I am wondering, does Sheik still have ftilt lock technology into USmash?

I have seen training mode numbers on the board, but there is no decay in training mode right? It was a staple of my game to count percentages/ftilt decay so I could get just the right amount of knockback into an Usmash tip. (of course there is lots more to Sheik, but I love ftilt) I had a chart for every character's kill % I would read on my phone during tournaments. lol

Thanks for any info. Looking forward to starting this game up. /newb

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I am unaware of anything like this being in Smash 4. You might be able to, but I highly doubt it's guaranteed, even with a jump cancelled USmash.

Villi

Smash Lord
I am unaware of anything like this being in Smash 4. You might be able to, but I highly doubt it's guaranteed, even with a jump cancelled USmash.
Does jump cancel make up smash faster?

Edit: I have a lot of research to do haha

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
It's nothing like it was in Brawl. You're better off comboing ftilt into a grab or another ftilt and finishing it off with fair stuff(or whatever you can get).

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Does jump cancel make up smash faster?

Edit: I have a lot of research to do haha
Haha. It's fine.

Jump canceling, in a way, makes your USmash faster, but only OOS(out of shield) or when running. It's pretty useful for some characters, sheik included.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It is with a heavy heart that I must say that it's impossible to combo ftilt into usmash in smash4 in killing percents. Even with max decay ftilt you just hit them too high for it to be followed up by usmash.

It's good to see you again Villi.

Last edited:

Judo777

Smash Master
Someone at the last tournament I went to was arguing with me that Sheiks ftilt in smash 4 was better than brawl, that was a painful discussion.....

Top Bottom