• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FTilt with banana in hand

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Did it during a character unlock so I couldn't save it, but it happened. The banana was long already in my hands and I had been moving around prior. Can't seem to figure out how I pulled it off...

Down + C-Stick the direction Diddy is facing = Forward tilt with banana/any item in hand. Accepts angles as well.

Won't work if you try to input the opposite direction that Diddy is facing. (Nintendo, please don't fix it if you're reading this!)

If this hasn't been found and named yet it's officially called DST, Dissent's Stupid Tech. Or maybe just Item Tilting.

Also, Diddy can still hold a banana and smash forward/opposite direction by merely holding A during a period he can't attack and pressing CStick later when he can.

Last edited:

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
Holding down + cstick sideways will let you forward tilt with a banana in hand. It also accepts up/down tilt variations.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I did this on 3ds once, with ftilt. Of course I have no recollection of how I did it. Guess I didn't consider its significance at the time, or thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. Good to know its easier to do with a cstick.

Last edited:

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
doesn't need a name. it wasn't revolutionary in brawl, and it won't be in this game. nice find though

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
doesn't need a name. it wasn't revolutionary in brawl, and it won't be in this game. nice find though
This didn't exist in Brawl, at least not this way. It's not the same as holding A and smashing, this is simply pressing crouch and then forward on the CStick to tilt attack. I find it great for a safe poke at a ledge recovery.

Edit: Realized it didn't exist because I used to do the "Diddy crouches on the side of Yoshi's and throws a banana with forward on the CStick camp".

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Holding down + cstick sideways will let you forward tilt with a banana in hand. It also accepts up/down tilt variations.
By up/down tilt variations are you talking about angled ftilts? Or are you able to do up tilts/down tilts with a banana in hand?

Top Bottom