• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fully Charged 'B' Recommendation

Shade_

Smash Ace
I know I'm a bit late, but I recently saw the promo video for Roy and I am very excited. My brother and I did have an idea we would like to run by the designers for the final build of Roy.

We thought it would be a neat idea if Roy's fully charged 'B' had some sort of limited range hit box. I'm fairly certain the 'B' move to begin with was based of off his original attack:

http://youtu.be/nMicO544Tak?t=3m47s

Making his fully charged 'B' have a sort of semi-ranged (properly spaced) hit box would give the player more reason to try and use it. I also think it would feel more rewarding to use, especially since it does damage to yourself. It would also make it "substantially" different from Ike's and Marth's.

It's just an idea though, and I could very well be totally wrong though, what do you guys think?

DayLaMike

Smash Rookie
I've always felt it should be that way since melee, since the explosion is a ranged attack FE 6. It would be more accurate to his character design and like you said might make it a little less useless. I like the idea.

Though I think it would more useful if the charge time was less at the price of lowering its damage and knock back, just a thought.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Right?

As much as I agree with you though, I do understand that by giving him a more useful 'B' with range it would completely change the way he is supposed to be played (which is something I know would be a huge hasslefor the designers). This is why I think simply adding homage 'blade-wave' hit boxes to his "fully charged"-'B' would probably be the only way to make it to where Roy's play style is virtually unaffected by the addition of the new attack. Even with the addition of a semi-ranged hitbox to fully charged 'B', it is a rare attack to even have time to bring out.

Even if you do manage to bring it out, it rarely hits, and regardless you take damage. All in all, there really is no reason to attempt to fully charge it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh, please don't misunderstand. I completely agree that his neutral 'B' has it's uses. I am just specifically talking about fully charged 'B'.
And thank you for the consideration.

lami

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree. I always found it a bit "immersion breaking" when my opponent could stand in the flames of my (oft) whiffed neutral B and not take any damage.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Or maybe they could revamp the move.

How about having the normal Flare Blade, but allowing you to interrupt the charge and have a more powerful version of any other move if you want (say, charge a bit, dodge, use you Forward Smash. the charged flare will come out and make the smash more damaging.)

or maybe not.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
That sounds very fun and cool,but I think it might be hard to implement.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Neutral B has been buffed up so its knockback starts reasonably high and climbs higher as he charges. It can be used to kill at the end of a combo if used right. Doesn't really need changes as it stands now. You won't get a fully charged one but the move has utility, which is pretty cool.

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
I mean...it would fit to the GBA game, but i dont think the practicality in smash would make sense. I think it's already cool and extremely useful as it is

Top Bottom