• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun Tier Thread

DMoogle

A$
His approach is meh against some characters. Using up-b to spike is flashy, rock is flashy, wall combos can be flashy, comboing with u-air is flashy, and mixing in some f-airs with those u-tilts adds flash as well.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Matches where people are playing more to win than for fun are by FAR the exception, not the rule. 99.9% of all matches played nowadays aren't played for a prize.
I think that most good players play competitively with the intent to win regardless of the circumstances. Sure, they are playing for fun too, but for a lot of people winning = fun.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I always try to explore my characters and expand my general knowledge of the game, so doing flashy or elongated technical combos also make the game fun for me. I haven't played this game seriously for months, and even then the last time I played the game for money I knew I wasn't going to get any (tigerbombz is too good) lol

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
WTF at "even fox has more variety" are you saying fox doesn't have much variety? Disagree if so. Also technically demanding ATs don't make a character fun, it's mostly just annoying when you mess one up.
I realize that my wording might have given off the wrong impression -- that is definitely not what I meant, Fox has a lot of variety and I find him to be quite fun to play. And personally, I think having to have some tech skill makes it not so much fun as just more interesting. Literally anyone can get the technical side of Kirby down in a few minutes. At least with Falcon you have to learn how to do falling/rising uairs without jumping and how to space them so they combo properly. Not that that is much harder, but at least it's something.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I realize that my wording might have given off the wrong impression -- that is definitely not what I meant, Fox has a lot of variety and I find him to be quite fun to play. And personally, I think having to have some tech skill makes it not so much fun as just more interesting. Literally anyone can get the technical side of Kirby down in a few minutes. At least with Falcon you have to learn how to do falling/rising uairs without jumping and how to space them so they combo properly. Not that that is much harder, but at least it's something.
If I wanted tech skill I would take up juggling. It's all about teh MINDGAMEZZZ (and combos haha)

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Back on topic.

Funnest Match-Ups: (In no particular order)
1. Falcon vs Fox
2. Fox vs Pikachu
3. Falcon vs Ness
4. Link vs DK
5. DK vs Fox
6. Link vs Fox
7. Yoshi vs Link
8. Luigi vs Ness
9. Luigi vs Pikachu
10. Samus vs Link

Least Funnest Match-Ups: (In no particular order)
1. Kirby vs Ness
2. DK vs Falcon
3. Kirby vs Pikachu
4. Samus vs Fox
5. Samus vs Pikachu
6. Link vs Pikachu
7. DK vs Pikachu

All the others are either neutral or I didn't feel like adding them.

DMoogle

A$
Least Funnest Match-Ups: (In no particular order)
1. Kirby vs Ness
2. DK vs Falcon
3. Kirby vs Pikachu
4. Samus vs Fox
5. Samus vs Pikachu
6. Link vs Pikachu
7. DK vs Pikachu

All the others are either neutral or I didn't feel like adding them.
Wow, except for #1 on Ness' side and #4 on Samus' side, I like playing all of these matches a good deal.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Most fun matchips:
Everyone vs DK
Everyone vs Samus
Everyone except Fox vs Pikachu

Least fun matchups:
Pika vs Fox
Everyone vs Jigglypuff
Almost everyone vs Link

DMoogle

A$
What's wrong with Pika vs. Fox? They both combo each other easily.

And I think Samus is one of the least fun characters to fight against.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I always enjoy spacing against Samus, it's a lot different from most other matches.

And Pika vs Fox usually becomes an endless litany of pew pew pew, at least when the Fox is really playing to win.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Some other stuff are specific for me. Like, I don't like fighting Samus, unless I use Link(idk y either, just a FETISH). Or I like using Mario against Link, but I hate using Link against Mario.
For Fox vs Pika, it's more fun when your Fox imo, as Pika its not so fun, because of the reasons Kefit said.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Link vs. Falcon is awesome on both sides. But then again, I main Link and secondary Falcon. I also like pulling off N-Air > something combos vs. Samus.

Link dittos are really fun, but I suck at them. I do better in Link vs. Falcon/Yoshi/some Pikas than against good Links.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
might as well add something for matchups. my worst matchups are actually a campy fox or a campy mario, its just that i still find those fun. Similar to how I find DK and Fox fun but my DK and fox are worse than my Falcon and Yoshi

least favorite
1. anyone but Yoshi, Fox, or Falcon vs Jigglypuff
2. Vsing a nub kirby (gets boring)
3. Vsing a good Ness user

Favorite
1. Yoshi vs Falcon/Ness
2. Samus vs Ness
3 me vs any link, I just find facing link fun
4. Fox vs anyone
5. Falcon dittos
6. Falcon vs Fox
7. Link vs Link
8. Fox vs Fox

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
my favorite matches

1. puff dittos are fun
2. samus dittos on zebes
3. puff vs fox
4. fox vs puff
5. samus vs mario
6. fox vs yoshi
7. fox ditto

least favorite

falcon ditto BORING
ness ditto
yoshi ditto

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
DK vs. Puff is the only fun Puff matchup IMO.

The most boring non-ditto matchups are definitely Puff vs Kirby and Mario vs Luigi. They just take so **** long

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Oh my god Mario vs Luigi is horrible. You both abuse the fact that you can't combo each other well. It's basically just racking up cheap %'s until you can do a KO move. And the usual throw to edge guard (nothing wrong with this really).

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I agree. Oh my god Mario vs Luigi is horrible. You both abuse the fact that you can't combo each other well. It's basically just racking up cheap %'s until you can do a KO move. And the usual throw to edge guard (nothing wrong with this really).
you can using short hop/tilts and of course using walls / **** tent.

1. Kirby
2. Pikachu

3. C. Falcon
4. Mario
5. Fox

6. Ness
7. Link
8. Yoshi
9. DK

10. Jigglypuff
11. Luigi
12. Samus

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
1. Falcon
2. Ness
3. Link
4. Yoshi
5. Fox
6. Jigs
7. Samus
8. DK
9. Pika
10. Mario
11. Luigi
12. Kirby

From my understandings, you're asking what characters have the most funny happenings in a match, correct? Because that's what I based this list off of.

Edit: Decided to actually edit my post since I misunderstood how this was supposed to go.

1. Falcon
2. Fox
3. Link
4. Pika
5. Mario
6. DK
7. Samus
8. Yoshi
9. Ness
10. Jigs
11. Ness
12. Kirby

This list is just my opinion of who I find the most fun. You'll notice some of my mains are above some characters people usually think are a lot of fun (Like Mario > Ness)
You said Ness twice!

xstompx

Smash Cadet
1. Falcon
2. Ness
3. Link
4. Mario
5. Luigi
6. Pika
7. Fox
8. Yoshi
9. Kirby