• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund ARMADA TO MELEE-FC - Armada can't make it =(, refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
People keep asking for someone to kick this off, but nobody has created the thread yet so I figured I'd start it. If someone else was planning on keeping track of donations and wanted to, feel free to PM me.

The title is pretty self explanatory, Armada needs some help on raising the money to enter MELEE-FC. He plans on paying everyone back if he makes the money back at the tournament.

If this fund does not reach the intended goal amount in time, and/or Armada does NOT attend FC, everyone who donated will be given a full refund.

How to Donate: said:
  • Go to http://www.paypal.com
  • Click on the send money tab at the top
  • Enter *******@yahoo.com as the recipient email
  • Enter the amount you wish to donate
  • Make sure to select the "Personal" tab instead of "Purchase", and choose gift as the option.
  • Click Continue
  • Confirm payment method (Add credit card if haven't already or don't have an account)
  • Scroll down, put "ARMADA FUND DONATION" as the subject and put your smashboards username as the personal message so I can keep a list of everyone who donated.
  • Done!
Also to those who donate, keep in mind that if you pay from your paypal balance OR from your bank account, there will be no fees. If you pay with a credit card there is a percentage fee that they take out of your donation amount. It's like 2.9% plus $0.30. Just a heads up.

(Goal $1000)

Donator Amount Total
Levingy $100.00
Twinkles $14.26
Battlecow $50.00
Geenareeno $9.31
Jockmaster $0.05
voorhese $20.00
Twinkles $85.00
Rx- $10.00
SillyGoose $30.00
Daa $23.93
BigLard $118.83
Eclipsing Binary $213.37
$674.75

Armada can no longer go. I have sent everyone a refund. Thank you for your gestures though! I know it would have been a success.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Donating to this in a few paychecks.

I would also donate to a mango fund if it was made and there was some way to know that he would care lol. Mango would probably only need half (or less) than what armada does. I think a tournament series like FC deserves to have the best players.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks A LOT Levingy! See that guys, already 10% done.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i wish my paypal account didn't get hijacked and locked like a year ago lol

btw correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure armada posted saying if the community funded his ticket, and he placed in big money, he would refund as much as he could to the people who donated.

so i really wish i culd t.t

Zoler

Smash Ace
i wish my paypal account didn't get hijacked and locked like a year ago lol

btw correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure armada posted saying if the community funded his ticket, and he placed in big money, he would refund as much as he could to the people who donated.

so i really wish i culd t.t
Can't you just make a new one?

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
There's an ongoing discussion within the Swedish Smash Brotherhood management (yes there is such a thing) about if, and if so how much, we're going to assist Armada with. We have 2000 SEK (roughly 280-290 USD) marked down in our budget for overseas travelling plus an additional 2000 SEK for general travelling expenses, though that isn't as more or less specific for Armada as the former.

We should be able to assist with a decent amount of money - but the donations are still needed, we won't be able to make it from here by ourselves. The "starting bid" that I recently proposed was that we're donating at least 85 USD, to cover the entry fee. We may or may not donate that amount of money, it's not obvious what the end result will be as I am only one out of seven members in the management.

Armada

Smash Lord
Battlecow: M2k already have a team8 so I can't team with him for this tournament.
Thanks for the donation though =)

I don't support the entire stage list but at least it is way better compared to how it used to be. And with 2 bans it is possible to not play on those crappy stages pretty much.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah that sucks about paypal. You can only add a card to paypal once, then it's done forever.

Also to those who donate, keep in mind that if you pay from your paypal balance OR from your bank account, there will be no fees. If you pay with a credit card there is a percentage fee that they take out of your donation amount. It's like 2.9% plus $0.30. Just a heads up.

Armada

Smash Lord
Wow so much money this fast is a really great result.
Im very thankfull to everyone that gives me this chance.

I will practice really hard for this so I can give everyone that donated some extra good matches to looking forward too.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who do you plan on teaming with if you can go?

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
donated the $0.05 I had sitting in my bank account ;)

lol Ill actually donate a bit more when I get payment for an xbox I just sold on ebay

<3 armada

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that sucks about paypal. You can only add a card to paypal once, then it's done forever.

Also, there's still Google Checkout for those who like using their cards. The embezzl--that is, service rates are identical to PayPal's, but at least the one-card-per-PP-account thing won't be an obstacle.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Im sad, Cactuar would have been a good team mate

Might I suggest:

Darkrain (More than solid parner I think everyone will agree)
Mango (if he ends up going)
Hax (I think he's going, don't know if he has a partner)
PC (don't even know if he's going but hit em up lol)

Even kels, VaNz if you have NO partner by the time this rolls around.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I would have loved seeing a team that's composed of non-american players, thing get really hype that way usually.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm teaming with LoZR(CATFISH) at FC, actually.

Unless something happens and he can't go anyway.

Hope Armada makes it to FC.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
armada should obviously team with me
DK lives forever ;)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
He should team with the better :dkmelee: here.

Battle for armadas teammate

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
This is great to see! Thanks to all for getting this going.

I'm sorry for the delay for our movement on this, but I've had some major life changes going on over the last month that have taken me out. Still, I'm happy to announce that we have a Kickstarter ready to go, with the intention being to also help travelers with some of their costs. I'm planning on launching that tonight or tomorrow. Because we don't want to step on the people working hard in this thread, I'll say here that we're happy to give the rewards that we're offering through Kickstarter to anyone who donates to this fund as well.

Thanks for your alls' support of FC in the meantime, and I'm looking forward to seeing some good Smash history being made this summer.

Mahone

Smash Champion
you should team with bones

Falco
Peach

Sheik
Captain Falcon
Marth
Fox
Jigglypuff

Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Samus

Luigi
Mario
Pikachu

Haters gonna hate.

Oh, and whoever I was arguing with about Doc vs. Mario... I guess you changed my mind. lol
top 2 chars in the game teaming... shouldn't even be legal imo

Armada

Smash Lord
Teaming with Bones would be the most random thing ever :p
Will look around and see if I can find a good team8 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom