• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future King DeDeDe users

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Do you even know what your saying? That's one of the more notable moves in King Dedede's arsenal, how would it not fit with him?

That's like saying fireballs don't fit with Mario.

-Knight

It would look stupid when he opens hes mouth wide open in good animation.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
why don't a lot of you people like to use heavy characters? King Dedede is prolly gonna be ballin'. i bet he'll be hard to kill and hit like a freight train.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
I personally hope that his Neutral B is Inhale. Just without the copying, and with more shooting stars out ability (Different directions?)
Plus then he'd be able to waddle off the stage like a Kirbycide! Mentioned in another post... lolregicide.

But seriously, the entire Kirby squad rocks hard. Mained Kirby in 64 and Melee, and now these three I believe will be my 'main's.
King DeDeDe just might be at the top of the list.

ESPECIALLY if his FS is in fact his Mecha DeDeDe. That'd be -so- wicked.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have way too many characters I really want to play in Brawl. My 5 from Melee (Mewtwo, Yoshi, Bowser, Kirby, Zelda), plus Ike, Meta Knight, and Dedede. Pokemon Trainer looks interesting as well, and Snake too.

With all the choices, I don't know about "main". But from his moveset so far, I can definately tell I'm going to enjoy playing Dedede.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
He's being my secondary, no doubt.
I'm weighing the odds of Pit or Kirby, and maybe still maining Luigi if he makes it through.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'll definitely use him. He was one of my favourite characters for Brawl, with Ike, Sonic and Lucas.

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
I'll seriously consider maining DeDeDe if he has a floating ability like kirby's. His potential to be the first massive power aerialist is very promising.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I haven't checked the board in awhile, now I find out Dee has been confirmed!!!

Not surprising, but still awesome.

If I main any heavy weight character, it will be him.

TehJoe

Smash Rookie
I'll probably use him as one of my mains. But I can't really be sure until I get hands on with the game.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'd really like to take my KD game all the way... there are really so many good characters. I think I like King Dedede enough to play him alot even if he sucks a little.

EDIT: Sorry, you can just ignore the following, or comment briefly and move on... I found a more appropriate thread for it. Thanks.)

So... how would you say his name anyway? In the anime it is pronounced "Day-day-day," but some might argue that it's just a Japanese mistake because an "e" for a Japanese word is typically a long "a." On the other hand, King Dedede IS a Japanese character, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be said.

What I mean is, obviously Kirby is pronounced just like it's spelled, "Ker-bee," but the Japanese (in the anime anyway) pronounce it more like "Kaw-bee." This could be considered incorrect, or at least just a strong Japanese accent, because the word Kirby is a western name, so how we say it is correct. Dedede, might be just be made up, or it might be Japanese... but unless it was meant to be pronounced western style, (Mario, Kirby, Zelda) it should probably remain exactly as the Japanese say it. "Day-day-day."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JGrp-_lKuDc

(about 6:27 is a clear one, though you can find his name all over the place.)

Something I just noticed while looking for the video. The rhythm seems to be important. It's not just three equal syllables, but a stressed second syllable, (De-DE-de or even De-DE-DE) and sometimes they barely pronounce the first syllable, so it's just barely done with your tongue, without much voice, and then the second two syllables are normal.

Well, not sure if this has been discussed, just wondering what you guys think. (And yes, I know we'll basically all say whatever the announcer says, but until then...)

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
It does seems very good to me, not that good, but like Middle Tier, at least High Low.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
If he maneuvers the way he looks, or maneuvers even somewhat close to how he does in the games, or is just more agile than DK and Bowser (that's what I'd love to see, a heavyweight who's agile. Not fast or quick, just agile), then I'd definitely use him in the future.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
So glad they added him in, other than Geno, Dedede was my most wanted character. I didn't really care about many of the other newcomers, but Dedede just reignited my excitement.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to try him out. I'm used to using speedier characters, but I'm willing to learn to adjust for Dedede. That upB is awesome! Exactly what I wanted!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Not sure yet, I love Dedede but, PT will be more awesome imo.
but who knows, my new main could be anyone, it just depends on who clicks with my style
(I played Falco, YL, and CF last game)

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
king d will be a lot like DK?
maybe I dunno just the fact that you can charge up your hammer :DD

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I think the big D is gonna be one of my most wanted next to Snake and Pokemon trainer.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Yes...a big, fat yes! I will main him..although, I normally have five mains(as you can see from my sig)...or one main main and 4 secondaries. he will probably be one of my four secondaries along with metaknight, while I main someone else...probably ridley if/ when he gets confirmed.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I wish I wish oh how I wish Dedede wasn't in da heavy category. Well, if he is kinda heavy like Ganondorf then yup, I'll use em in casual play....not in tourneys though unless he is betta than I expected.

Yo~Yo

Smash Cadet
yeah.....i aggree w/ t!mmy i wont be maining him...and prolly not saving him for secondary either....ill try him...but ill keep my main of falco and secondary of dr mario/mario

DavE P

Smash Cadet
ima be using Meta knight as my main King DDD and secondary and kirby as a third. Order might change one who ever is better in the final release.

DREAMLAND CHARACTERS FTW!!!

Top Bottom