• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Sight (A M2 Combo Video (Trailer)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
And out of the blue I come out of nowhere w/a combo video in the making. Heh what a surprise. Well anyway, I guess you could say i'm only giving Taj some friendly competition, now i'm not saying i'm gonna beat him or anything, but i'm a try and stay on his level of rapeness (kidding) so yeah lol anyway hope you enjoy the video.

And if Taj if you're reading this, LET ME EDIT YOUR COMBO VIDEO I CAN MAKE IT RAPENESS! lol

so yeah here you go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaXIndCm4iQ

Hope everyone likes! n n

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i couldnt tell what the hell was going on with al the colors and stuff. thats a lot of work to put into a teaser. also, whats up with the 20 secs of howling wind at the end?

anyway, im looking forward to the full length one just because i've seen enough fox/falco/falcon combo vids for a lifetime

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
i specialize in editing.. I actually want more people to let me edit thier combo videos because I own the same video program they use to make movies.. I can't belive i spent 500 dollars on it. but well worth it.. so hopefully more people will let me edit their ****!

aas for the footage, i didn't want anything too revealing.. Kinda does what Taj does, put like "ok" clips in then when the video is out.. you have MUCH better footage.. I guess it's just for the hype.. But yeah thx ^^ editing is my thing!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"Specialize in editing?" Looked more like you overused a couple of preset filters, really. : \

And the Invert Colors really doesn't help things at all.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
nah the effects at the start werent preset but they did look like tutorialed..

you cant really call 'invert' an effect so im not counting that

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol I love how everyone is attacking me. =p

It's a simple trailer/teaser, yes there will be some editing "overusage" as you might call it. It's a teaser/trailer. Just somethin I can do out of free time. Trust me military life really sucks. I'm living it. =p as for the editing, notthing is preset i hav to put how long the effects last, so on and so forth, just i'm a lil proud of me spending $500 for a video program ok! =D there are so many more transitions/effects I don't even know how to use yet, but i'm learning. (kinda like when I used to make Halo montages for players such as MLG Dr Pepp3r or FPS the Potion, or any of the upcoming pro halo players, so yeah gimme some slack.. ^^

I do know melee videos, people care about "editing" very little.. but i come from a different thing, so let me do something DIFFERENT than everyone else.. =D I promise.. the video won't be disapointing..obviously not a SC III) but not bad either k?

Have Faith! =D

The Phenom

Smash Lord

It's a simple trailer/teaser, yes there will be some editing "overusage" as you might call it. It's a teaser/trailer. Just somethin I can do out of free time. Trust me military life really sucks. I'm living it. =p as for the editing, notthing is preset i hav to put how long the effects last, so on and so forth, just i'm a lil proud of me spending $500 for a video program ok! =D there are so many more transitions/effects I don't even know how to use yet, but i'm learning. (kinda like when I used to make Halo montages for players such as MLG Dr Pepp3r or FPS the Potion, or any of the upcoming pro halo players, so yeah gimme some slack.. ^^

I do know melee videos, people care about "editing" very little.. but i come from a different thing, so let me do something DIFFERENT than everyone else.. =D I promise.. the video won't be disapointing..obviously not a SC III) but not bad either k?

Have Faith! =D
How cool =D !!! We got Taj's combo video, Shadowballs combo video, and your combo video coming out. What a surprise! I thought you were to not have the time but it seems you do!.

As for doing your own thing; I support that. I want to see something new in combo videos; I'm going to incorporate some of my life experiences in the trailor of my classic main since I haven't done a combo video and because all of the rest of the combos of him by others are let downs...

DO YOUR OWN THING! I SUPPORT!!!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

sauc3

Smash Lord
i love how people think this is good editing when its clearly trash. I think ankoku couldnt have been more right. There same preset effect was used multiple times. The color scheme was god aweful, not to mention it had no point. There was absolutely no flow to the audio, i think you just downloaded a special effect from a website, deleted every other clips audio then put the special effect in at the end just cuz.

all in all its crap, i have no idea what the point of the 1930 sound effects was, and why it was clashing with inverting colors (you guys had that part right). Do not let this so called editor near your clips taj, they will be butchered.

sorry for the flame and i usually hate people who do it, but it seems as though you have confindence in your work and you seem to think its the best ever, when i see no real proof of you having any idea what editing really is.

sauc3

Smash Lord

Have Faith! =D
lmao pros, i have never even heard of those kids, though I'm sure if i youtubed them i could see just as much garbage as is in this video. SSB edits are nowhere near on the same level as Halo 2 or 3, so I'm with you there, but why would you spend 500$ on a program, like seriously? if you know anything about computers and you are an avid reader of forums, then you'll know you can get programs such as adobe after effects and sony vegas for free.
If you want to see real editing look up sicktistic studios or phurion films, those are some great editors, and they used to editing my **** back when i played halo 2. when i made the transition from halo to ssb it was weird how the smash community thought about effects, but you have to learn to adapt, since editing is about making the best possible video for your selected audience. However this video wouldnt even pass on the halo side of things. maybe editing just isnt for you.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
to be fair to all those criticising, he's obviously not very experienced with the programme (AECS3?) and who says he wont get better. make your criticism more constructuve. i play source and know high end editing from that perspective, and yes this editing isnt great at all, obviously amateur. but this guy is willing to learn, so give him a break or some pointers like sauc3 started to.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lmao you guys are, like taking this.. WAY too seriously... Lol, It's a "rushed" product most of you sit at home and well chill, maybe work a few days or do what you do.. I'm in the military making sure you maintain the freedom you so wish to keep.. Yes it is a "new" program, Yes it's even something I've actually "never" worked with, heck i'll even admit there's a bunch of **** I don't even understand.. but that doesn't take away my experience with the video editing in general.. I've been around for quite some time editing.

As for you not hearing about them, you're not good so of course you don't know who they are, (not meant to criticize but just letting you know) <-- you said this in short

As for me not letting whom do what, is on whomever. I simply offered but obviously a great player like Taj, i'm not going to "butcher" his work, but rather take my time and take care of it. because it will be an "actual" combo video..and I'd take his **** more seriously then my own, but of course you wouldn't know that so it's not a big deal..

I simply came here to showcase a combo video, w/some Little tiny effects, that I was hoping would just let people know im adding transitions, not that I plan on making the next Ultimate video or something, but of course.. you people ASSUME too much

As for the help, **** yeah if you believe you know how to work this program I have, I'll send it to you, I freakin hate math/numbers and it seems like it has alot of that....

EDIT: - 0_0;; uhhhhhhhhhh, lol I actually just watched it...........hmmmmm.. lol @the loading screen, which didn't display the "vectorman figure who was supposed to walk around, and the weird *** sound effect, and the ending "coming soon" screen...... WHOOPSY

DOUBLE EDIT: LMAO.. those were supposed to be muted, I was testing the sound effects and I guess I left those on! XD!.. check that out!.. well......hmmm.. ok, now I see why most of you are upset lol... i certainly don't blame you.. I didn't even notice that **** OOPS! bleh it's a teaser, i'll live...

MY FAULT EVERYONE.. YES YOU WERE ALL INDEED CORRECT... WELL MOSTLY CORRECT...final product I won't be so careless, Promise

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lmao you guys are, like taking this.. WAY too seriously... Lol, It's a "rushed" product most of you sit at home and well chill, maybe work a few days or do what you do.. I'm in the military making sure you maintain the freedom you so wish to keep..
Noooooooo johhnnnnnssss. Taj's Shadow Claw 2 alone was already great editing. Yours? It's playing with filters. That's not the mark of someone with experience, it's the sign of someone who picked up an expensive program, clicked a few buttons, and suddenly thinks he's an artist.

By the way, good editing? It's a nice touch if you can do so, but when it comes to a combo video, people are USUALLY more interested in the actual footage. I'm seeing like... one attack per clip in your trailer. Barely. That's not really helpful.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'm surprised you can even see characters attacking. I see dark stuff moving around and hear sounds.

Jace08

Smash Lord
This made me lol a little bit.

It's okay man, we all make mistakes. Out of curiosity, what editing program are you using?

sauc3

Smash Lord
As for you not hearing about them, you're not good so of course you don't know who they are, (not meant to criticize but just letting you know) <-- you said this in short
haha im not even gunna get started on that one, but believe me when i say (morpheus ftw), i was highly competitive at halo 2, I knew all the pro teams and a lot of the up and comers, and neither of your friends made the list. heres a link from my past, you can youtube it if you really want to watch it
http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-2-videos/127501-magic-sauc3-montage-2-a.html

its been deleted cuz mythica went down (johns), feel free to brouse some of the names that commented, you'll find many ACTUAL pros, and if you ask me what mythica is then you're an idiot and know nothing about the halo2 world.

*** i know montages do not make you pro, but my vids got me sponsered and then I started going to mlg events, toronto, new york etc. so dont quote me saying anyone can make a montage, because i know, ... i know.

don't test me on this **** bro you're gunna lose.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
*sigh* no i'm not gonna test you.. *THIS IS SWF* not H2 Forums, Noone wants to hear about Halo drama, as for making a mistae.. hell to the yeah I did...

As for the help w/the video I'd love it..

@the mod.. yes it's horrible editing I know.., I should've put more effort into it... sorry about that.. It won't happen w/that on the final product...and for the last time.. yes i know how to use most of the effects.. i'm not new at this... Fine it's a john.. LOL call it what you want to call it..IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN.. I didn't expect everyone to have such high expectations from a Militiary man...! and one who plays M2.. but I guess with Taj around.. it has to have high hopes and I would want them to as well..

Also.. I respect alof of you on these boards, most of you taught me how to become as good as I've become at this game so I guess it's nice to receive the criticism back..

so yeah. @ halo guy.. nice stuff on Halo, I'd like to play you one day, I'm not bad myself, I too know all the pro teams, and all that good stuff

@ mod, i'll work on everything

@ everyone else.... id love all the critique and help and etc

Blitz Falcon

Smash Apprentice
I guess, he might remake it so he stops getting bashed. His M2 is extremely good. He doesn't show it much, but at a few tournaments, people mistook it for Taj's, i.e. at the OneTwo Step.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
It's private indeed. I'm working on the final thing now.. If you want to see it then msg me and i'll show it, also. when my video comes out and all of you, if you happen to like it.. which you should.. then i'll show the video I started...

In all out honesty, everything's going the way taj told me it would =p so i'm not really worried atm! but ty for your concerns.. hope it'll look good!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Bumping this thread, yes.. Just, well I guess thankful for everyone and on the critique you all gave me...Even though I intended the trailer to be somewhat bad, I guess I didn't realize how bad it actually was at the time... and now, months after it's release.. I guess i wanted to bump this thread for the haters and admirers alike...either way I have to thank each and every one of you in some kind of way you know ^^

As in the first post, theres the trailer...weeks later I released Future Sight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sai5GpioDL0

and then a month afterwards I released my dub partner Axe's Combo Video. The AXE Effect..which nearly won combo video of the year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTWI2f6AIE

...just a nice feeling being perhaps, underrated/even questioned, than for the final product to come out well.. great...and I have all of you to thank for that ^^ so yeah I guess.. idk i'm feeling sad/thankful..idk how to feel.. ^^ jus wanted to say thanks.. <33

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
bumped this thread....this is where I started my editing career, the good ole, stuff... glad you guys kept ur faith in me eh? ^^

jreed

Smash Cadet
why is everyone attacking vectorman :(.. do we all forget like eggstinction.. im hyped to just see this vid drop... u got my support vman keep doin your thang :)

Renth

Smash Hero
why is everyone attacking vectorman :(.. do we all forget like eggstinction.. im hyped to just see this vid drop... u got my support vman keep doin your thang :)
I love it when people bump threads from 09.

edit: my bad didn't realize vmayne bumped it himself lol xD.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol it was me man XD.. no Jreed, this is when I started my editing career.. i just wanted/needed to remind myself where I came from.... There were many doubters.. LOL I can't blame them.. after all I did make a horrid TRailer/teaser kinda thing.. just to see the responses i got... then axe effect shadow claw IV and eggstinction came out... oh and future sight... :p

and all those had pretty good success n_n

Just reminding myself where I came from :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd just like to state that your teaser/trailer really did suck. :p

Either you were sandbagging on purpose to throw us all off or you learned some serious editing skills between then and the actual release.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@ankoku, haha yeah it was a mixture of both... I did sandbag intentionally, that way my expectations weren't as high... At the time i started, I had wanted to be the next Mewtwo ya know... Just to have to like compete w/something like Shadowclaw II, it was mad demoralizing... so i wanted to set the bar low, in the expectation level... then hopefully shock the world, later on.. ^^

My editing did indeed also get alot better as well, just, I wasn't as bad as I showed from the trailer... I just wanted to lower the expecations bar, after all, i was going up against shadowclaw... and other good producers at the time... I jus wanted to.. well idk make myself known somehow ^^

Top Bottom