• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Owns Lucas/Ness recovery

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
alright, here we go:

G&W can destroy Lucas and Ness' recoveries very easily.

When u see one of them about to up B while off the edge:

1. Jump down right NEXT to him. Not on him but next to him(this is important)

2. Up-B towards the stage

Outcome: This Launches him or her upwards so they cannot hit themselves with there PK thunder.

I do this all of the time and gimp the crap out of Lucas/ Ness players

try it out

G&W is Broken

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
wow.... most ******** post ever, ANY CHARACTER CAN DO THIS and vs ness all u gotta do is touch it, vs lucas im pretty sure u can bucket it, havent tried though its easier just to f*ckin kill them with an aerial wow

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
Bucketing yeilds a full bucket sometimes. Totally worth it. Much better than aeiral.

replicate

Smash Lord
I play against a Ness/Lucas all the time, and what he's started doing is saving his jump so that if I go out after him he'll jump and sparkle me away immediately, then use his PK thunder or get back usually.

By recovering low, he manages to avoid most of my gimps. : (

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
air dodge the sparkle, and then second jump and steal his PK thunder :grin:

or better yet, jump out of his range and bair him.

And I'm just gonna throw this out there for the thrill-seekers:
PAN SPIKE STILL WORKS.

gg

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
wow.... most ******** post ever, ANY CHARACTER CAN DO THIS and vs ness all u gotta do is touch it, vs lucas im pretty sure u can bucket it, havent tried though its easier just to f*ckin kill them with an aerial wow

if you hit them they can up b recover again. Also when you bucket it stops your downward momentum to an extent. If they are pretty far under the stage you can do a quick fast fall Up-B to kill them efficiently.

oh yeah btw, WOW to your post.

AllLifeIsButADream

Smash Rookie
defenitely the bucket works the best. not only will you suck up pk thunder, you'll also gain energy from their bodies. bucket > up b. but you've got to be careful so as not to jump too far away from the stage to recover

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
i ruin lucas and ness by jumping over their head right before they up b, it knocks you back on the stage and makes them fall, if you do it too slow they will hit you with the recovery and your fuc-k-ed.

Top Bottom