• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~G~Y~G~O~--August 15th, 2009--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notra

Smash Ace
Ding And I Are Not 18, We Cant Drive Past 12 Midnight. The Tourney Needs To Start On Time. Or We Will Be Put In A Rly Bad Position. This Tourney NEEDS To Be Done At 11. SRY And THX

Date
August 15th, 2009

Time
Registration-11:30
Tournament starting-12:30(lain don't be late)
Doubles-12:30 p.m.
Singles-5:30 p.m.

Events
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles

Entrance Fee
venue fee-5$
Singles-10$
Teams20$ per team

Venue
Get Your Game On
709 Packard St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3315

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). For version 2.0 discussion took place between January and March. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
the rest r banned.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee Rules

Melee ruleset

4 stock 8 minute

no items (lol)

Neutrals
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
FoD
Pokemon Stadium
Mangoland 64

CP's
Rainbow Cruise
Jape ****
Corneria
Green Greens
Mute City
Poke Floats
Brinstar

No stalling
Wobbling will be handled by Gentlemens rule
1 stage strike per set

everyone okay with that

2/3 until winners, losers and grand finals which are 3/5

Clean up after yourselfs

Notra

Smash Ace
WHO CAN BRING WHAT.

Brawl Brawl Supplies
Ori, Ham, Notra, Ding, JuggleGuy, Scotu

Total Setups: 6

Melee Supplies
JuggleGuy(Both), Jungle Fever , MarkLoo(maybe), Scotu (He can do Both)

Total Setups: 3 or 4

GYGO gives 2 tvs and, im bringing 2 so ill have one extra.
we need more wiis/gamecubes and melee/brawl discs.(melee discs are rly good, then we could use spare wiis for melee)

Also when u come in plz check ur setups in w/ me or ding, and check them out before u leave. we dont want anything to get stolen.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
ill probably come but might enter only in singles cuz isnt midwest is best one the weekend after?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MIB might be the week after but a lot of people (especially East Coast) are johning about it being the same weekend as SNES, so they might change the date (or not idk).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you want, I could run Melee for you (assuming I go). Also, since it's your guys' first time, don't hesitate to ask experienced TOs for help if you need it when there. I'd be more than happy to lend any new TOs a hand in getting their tournaments run well and correctly.

Notrama

Smash Rookie
If you want, I could run Melee for you (assuming I go). Also, since it's your guys' first time, don't hesitate to ask experienced TOs for help if you need it when there. I'd be more than happy to lend any new TOs a hand in getting their tournaments run well and correctly.
sure, well do melee then if u help. thx

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
You gotta love how brawl tournies that come up in MI have 80% of the responses asking for melee until we get our way =) <3 melee bully brethren

TheMann

Smash Ace
Cool another tourney. Sounds fun. Also its great to not have to drive 18 hours for a tourney lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You should edit the rules so that it's specific to this tourney and not just blatantly c/p'd from the SBR ruleset lol.

TheFoxSorcerer

Smash Rookie
I've never been to a tourney before, and I've really been wanting to go to one. Trouble is, I live about 50 minutes from the site and I'm uh...a little uncomfortable with driving long distances. I know I need to learn eventually, but I was wondering that if I was able to drive to someone's house that's closer than Ann Arbor, if I could hitch a ride with someone there and back? o.O I'll contribute for gas, no problem.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually about the same distance away. What city do you live in?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, that's a little further if I was hoping but I guess I could try it. I'll try and secure the car for that weekend and I'll let you know if I can't.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nah, I'll pick you up. It seems kind of pointless to drive to someone else's house just for them to drive you somewhere else.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're actually about 20 minutes from me but I basically just have to drive down woodward to get to you so it's no too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom