• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S3! (Columbus GA, May 5th) Southern Circuit Event II!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Ok folks so if you miss the first 2 *cough mike g cough* its time to redeem yourself. Otherwise you phail at life:)
Address, Date, and Time:

CyberLANding
5870 Veterans Pkwy
Columbus GA 31904
Phone: 706-320-0500

Saturday, May 5th Registration begins at 11:00 AM EST, Tournament will begin promptly around 12:00 PM ESt, the building itself opens at 10:00 AM EST. (Please note the time zone, and adjust accordingly)

As a little help to find the place, when you arrive please note it is on a building complex around the corner. You will see an Everything Musical store, as well as a couple random shops like Papa Johns and American Buffalo. Go all the way around the complex, you should also be able to see the highway.

Entry Fee

15$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ per person)
5$ Door Fee (To help pay for the venue)

Prizes

Singles and Doubles

70% 1st
20% 2nd
10% 3rd

WHAT IS THE Southern CIRCUIT?
The Southern Circuit is a group of popular tournament series linked together by common rules and rankings. The tournaments will be hosted around the South, providing a chance for everyone to attend. Points will be awarded to the winners of each event. In the end, a hefty monetary prize will be given to the top three total points holders.

Many things are standardized at these events, including some rules and budgets. Some of the pot will be withdrawn from each event to provide a nice award for the points leaders at the end. Note that while many rules are standardized, the stage list (among others) are not. This allows for each tournament to still be unique.

Circuit Points
Singles:
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 8
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

Doubles:
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 6
13th 2

This tournament will provided players with a chance to earn points!Points count toward all seeding at all Southern Circuit events. Stay tune for more details.
General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Mushroom Kingdom 2.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Food and Drinks

Food and drink will NOT be provided, however we do have a cafe inside the building.

Anything from hotdogs to chips and candy to Bawls and Sprite, you should be able to find it. If not, there is a Papa Johns around the corner, as well as American Buffalo (You must be 18, or look 18 to get into American Buffalo... it's worth it trust me)

IMPORTANT!

We will offer free play on any open T.V for warming up and if you have been knocked out early and we have an open TV. HOWEVER! It must be used for SMASH ONLY. Also, you may only play if you have paid to enter the tournament. Spectators are not allowed to play.

You do not have to enter both singles and doubles, you may enter one, the other, or both at your discretion. Either way, the door fee will be paid.

Anyone wishing to use a computer or play a different game, it is your responsibility to pay for the time you use it. This is to prevent usage that we did not bargain for. T.Vs will only be available for other games AFTER the tournament is over.

Conclusion
*Samus Taunt*

~Alpha

MAJOR EDIT: This time around we are asking for people to bring TVs, Cubes, Extension Cords, Smash Copies, and Memory Cards. At G4S2 we got lucky and were able to manage with only the 7 TVs we already had. If this next tourny turns out to be larger, and trust me it will be, we need more. So give us a hand and bring TVs and more cubes/smash/memory cards! We have 3 elongated tables that we can probably set up to 3 TVs each depending on their sizes, and we have extra plug ins. This would greatly help. Also it wouldn't be bad to bring a few extension cables/surge protectors to increase our number of outlets without ruining the power of the building.
Pre Reg List:
Ares
BlueJim
Bobby
Boomstick?
C
Carter
-Chad-
Chaddd
Chelsey
co_and_me?
Daniel-zaman
datman
derf
DogySamich
DP’s Mario
Drumma Boi?
Epsilon
Evan
exarch?
FuFu300?
GA Peach
GAWes
Gerbil
GildedPunch
Handorin?
IHSB
Iori
Jimmy
Jmoan
Justice777
Jx31
KirbyJim
KOkingpin
Laijin
Lawrence
Martin
Menthol
Moogle
Mslano
Nice1
Ninja
Nite
PADA?
Prac
Ragnarock
RAM?
Rayku
Reflex
Renegade
Rice?
Rook?
Seph
Slim
Snowman
Tai?
TBag
Tong ?_?
Torg
TRC?
Tsunami
Twister
X2X
XIO
Yang?
Yoshido?
Zeus
Zone

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Edit: The last two turned out great, and everyone was extremely happy. I mean everyone. Except Moogle, who had this evil sounding "you" towards Alpha.... >.> but nonetheless it was great. I'd like to add in there that the only problems that occured were food drink issues in the carpeted area. Now I know from experience, that their **** sign sucks, but trust me there is a sign that asks not to bring food and drinks to the back. We had a minor issue with that at G4S2. This time around, please be careful. Though as an exception, I'm sure they will let you bring bottles of water back there because those afterall will not stain the floors. However I think the main issue was trash left behind. Do your part guys, wasn't a big deal last time, but as much help as we can get would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if you decide to fall asleep in one of the cubes later that evening... you are completely subject to mine/anyone else's camera phones for embarassing pictures >.< *stares at Epsilon*

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Wow already!!..Talk about forward thinking
You guys always do nice tourneys so count me in at this point. ;)

btw..Are we going with the VCR per cube idea that we came up with at G4S2.
..If so I should be able to bring a TV, VCR, and a cube to this one.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Wow already!!..Talk about forward thinking
You guys always do nice tourneys so count me in at this point. ;)

btw..Are we going with the VCR per cube idea that we came up with at G4S2.
..If so I should be able to bring a TV, VCR, and a cube to this one.
Well not a VCR per cube*silly josh and his ideas* but like 2 or 3 so i can keep track of them would be nice, and yes bring a setup.

i'll be there
Ok I call first match with nice1.

nice1

Smash Lord
Well not a VCR per cube*silly josh and his ideas* but like 2 or 3 so i can keep track of them would be nice, and yes bring a setup.

Ok I call first match with nice1.
hell yea we gotta play i still haven't played u and i gotta play gerbil again he beat me 1 round then i had to go :mad: but o well can't win them all lol

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah this is gonna be bigger and better than the previous one ill be there.... I might have a crew with me to go as well...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm telling my parents TODAY, so I can go. Repping Memphis all the way.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, I'll fail at life if I don't make this. I'd actually like to make this one, since you guys always make it all the way to Stn. Mtn., it'd be awesome to play you guys at your place.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I will ask about this one, but I have doubts I can go. (parents)

*crosses fingers*

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Greatest quote for a tournament ever? I would say so.

I appreciate it, I do.

I'll be there, of course. Hopefully I'll take this thing, as nature intended.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Reflex > you?

After all the flak i've been getting from people after tellin about my last outing in Columbus? I have no choice but to show up (hopefully)

You can count me in for this man.

chaddd

Smash Lord
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Another tournament? I GUESS I can make it to this one...as long as Omega accepts my money match in Marvel Vs Capcom 2. Hahaha. THat's completely unrelated, but really...who would like to see the videos from a 30$ money match between me and Omega in Marvel 2? HILARIOUS.

I mean.

"This tournament sounds great! I'll be there!"

And for the record, I have no idea why I put that in quotes.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Another tournament? I GUESS I can make it to this one...as long as Omega accepts my money match in Marvel Vs Capcom 2. Hahaha. THat's completely unrelated, but really...who would like to see the videos from a 30$ money match between me and Omega in Marvel 2? HILARIOUS.

I mean.

"This tournament sounds great! I'll be there!"

And for the record, I have no idea why I put that in quotes.
lol, i'd love to see those vids, boi

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Why I am asking FL to come I do not know, but whatever. FL you better show up, this is 2 tournies you've missed now haha.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I'll definitely be there. I can bring a setup too if y'all need it. By the way, I'm still trying to work out biweeklies. I should have an answer on Wednesday. There's just lots of logistics to go through...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'll bring the GPC kids.
TBag, Blue and I will be there, at the least.
There's 3 columbus residents, right?
GPC v Columbus?
3 man crew battle?
Just for fun, of course.

YOU HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED.
^_^

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll bring the GPC kids.
TBag, Blue and I will be there, at the least.
There's 3 columbus residents, right?
GPC v Columbus?
3 man crew battle?
Just for fun, of course.

YOU HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED.
^_^
Columbus has more than three people.

And for the record, I don't care who represents Columbus, so long as they win. =/

Gerbil

Smash Champion
We can split it stock wise instead... I want to leave the decision of who plays up to Alpha, since he is the one who accepted. However... I'll list out Columbus' main players since we seem to have so many...

X2X
Reflex (He counts this time >.<)
Rafael (He counts too, being Reflex's bro)
Seph20
Ninja
Tsunami
Billy
DP
Will
Ares
Prac
Justin
Gerbil

New Columbus Players:

Miguel
Arturo

As you can see lol, we as Columbus actually have something going rofl. But yeah I think Alpha should decide who to use, but it's not like it matters since it's all for fun. :)

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Dang Gerbil why did you put yourself on the bottom?:p
Lol yeah Alpha should make the final decision, but why just 3 folks ?
Seems so small to me, but whateva :shrugs

P.S Why the hell are Rafael and Darvel above me!!!:mad: (j/k)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I put me last to avoid any outside suspicion that I was listing people in any particular order haha.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
i can join perimeter (i took summer classes there)
You're in, IMO

@eastheaven- you're welcome to rep some GPC with us as well ^_^

If there's more than 3 people who want to rep Columbus, GPC has more people who can get in on a crew battle.
8v8 is probably the max we can do, because a lot of the GPC kids aren't at a competetive level.

GPC listing: (You wont know most of these)
Menthol
TBag
BlueJim
Brett
Tim
Adam
Chris

the rest I can't remember their names... >.<

But lemme know what you think, Alpha. We're down for whatever.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably gonna take some classes at perimeter next year. I also live very close to it, so I could join if you need me. I just want to feel included, honestly. Nah, but seriously, I'm in if it's cool with you.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're welcome to join.
Its not like I'm in charge of "whos in GPC or not" anyways~ :laugh:
This is looking more and more like a 10v10
I'm looking forward to this!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Mike G has retired guys... I got wind of it from Reflex, who was checking out MySpace stuff. Mike says he's put down the game for good this go around, so I don't think we can expect him to show up any time soon....

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Mike G quit :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!
First Thomas Tipman now this!!!!!!

Argh! Well if it is true that means Bobby is auto 1 for GA. That also means another slot is open in top 10. Go for it Gerbil ;)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Me for top 10??? Hell no. Ain't gonna happen, there are far better people in GA that are more fit to get in there, my goal right now is just to reach Tier 2. Which I think I can manage if I pull out all the stops again at Wes' tourny... I hope...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Me for top 10??? Hell no. Ain't gonna happen, there are far better people in GA that are more fit to get in there, my goal right now is just to reach Tier 2. Which I think I can manage if I pull out all the stops again at Wes' tourny... I hope...
Believe in the heart of the cards. It will take you far...

I think you can make it if you practice hard.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Meh I just don't see it happening at the moment. It's not like it really matters. I love this game, but I'm tired of the whole competitive drive in my blood. I should've left that part of me behind when I left Halo.

I'd be quite happy just knowing I could boost myself into tier 2. I appreciate the support though man, as always.

Top Bottom