• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6:4 One last night in town! (Snaps last NC event) Regional status!!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
FL's scene really isn't huge anymore... speaking from experience.
There are still a number of tournaments, but it's harder than you'd think.

I'm very tentatively looking into coming to this.. I gotta say, though, I'm very surprised at Stadium not being a neutral... and FoD being there instead. Seems pretty Marth-intensive.. That's ok though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

I'm very tentatively looking into coming to this.. I gotta say, though, I'm very surprised at Stadium not being a neutral... and FoD being there instead. Seems pretty Marth-intensive.. That's ok though.
Hmmm well at least you could all carpool to come here if for whatever reason it wouldn't be worth it to go to FL stuff based on numbers....also NC's mad fun dude. =)

And the stagelist is just the current MBR stagelist. Besides Marths these days need the help apparently lol he wound up in High Tier somehow lol.

Edit:

@Michaelis: You're a champ dude. <3

@Snap: word but don't plz <3

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university

....how long have you been gone from the scene?

stadium is too good for fox to be a neutral and most of the transformations are just unbalanced in general.

oh yeah and no one plays marth anymore.

and the only people trying to make FoD a cp anymore are falcon mains.

eff you kevin.

Frames

DI

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah fenrir!!!! come to fl we'll host something just for you!!! i miss you buddyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
....how long have you been gone from the scene?

stadium is too good for fox to be a neutral and most of the transformations are just unbalanced in general.

oh yeah and no one plays marth anymore.

and the only people trying to make FoD a cp anymore are falcon mains.

eff you kevin.
That's fair. I've been out of the Melee scene for quite a while.. just surprising, is all. Stadium was easily my favorite neutral, regardless of characters. And yeah, it or BF are Fox's best against most characters, in my opinion.

But aren't bans/strikes still used in some way? Sure it sucks to have to waste a ban on a single stage every time you fight Fox, but that's what they're for.

And the fact that nobody plays Marth doesn't mean the stage list wouldn't favor him... not that it really matters.

Either way, that's just my $0.02. Doesn't mean I'm right

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah fenrir!!!! come to fl we'll host something just for you!!! i miss you buddyyyyyyyyyyy :(
I wish.. that would be a heck of a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to at some point.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah we still use strikes and each person gets a ban after the first game.

The list wasn't made to favor Marth, but was based on what stages were considered most fair regardless of which character it would favor on the whole(apparently it isn't working too well if it favors Marth because he's considered high tier instead of top now lol).

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah we still use strikes and each person gets a ban after the first game.

The list wasn't made to favor Marth, but was based on what stages were considered most fair regardless of which character it would favor on the whole(apparently it isn't working too well if it favors Marth because he's considered high tier instead of top now lol).
well the list is clearly flawed since Kirby and Pichu are tied. Kirby is clearly worse.

nah, I'm not trying to derail this or anything. Just took an interest in it. Not trying to get the rule changed in this thread.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Moo you still have Brinstar XD

And you get a ban.

More importantly, from the G2 standard that is being passed to Apex, BS and RC are being taken off the stage list for singles now anyway.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
LOL like spacies are bad on brinstar.
and I never go to brinstar with peach for some reason doesn't feel right
i mean...spacies aren't bad anywhere (by spacies i mean fox, i assume that's what you meant too) it's just that brinstar helps with peach's comboes, you can dsmash all kinds of S and it will probably work also there's not much space for fox to run around. oh yeah and fox's recovery sucks there too.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Probably depends on your style and the level just feeling different. I feel weird there too but it's just because I don't play there much lol.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Ill do a list for people that matter I suppose

Interested: Florida, Mew2Kang, GA (melee) VA and WV

Confirmed: Me, PP, GA and AL brawwwl and cam and moo

Thats about it. I guess I dont know I havent really like bothered caring past few days.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Brinstar used to be one of my favorite CP stages... it just messes up super techy players. smart spacies should be pretty good on it.

Course I also think BF is an excellent Fox stage, so what do I know?

Anyways, I'm gonna see if I can come to this. I'm still super tentative, but it'd be fun to break back into the scene.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah but most spacies don't practice on BS so that tends to work against them.

Also M2K isn't coming.

Also also I think Fox ***** on BF.

Top Bottom