• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Brawl PR updated 3/14/10. Now with Salt level status!

Stage Striking or Random Select?

• Stage Striking (FD, BF, YI, LC, SV)

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Random Select (FD, BF, YI, SV)

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Mutual agreement between players

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Didn't the barline START as me beating brawl players even though I never play brawl?

I thought the point was to humiliate them into improving, by me ****** them in a game I never play unless I randomly decide to enter a tournament.

The purpose of the barline is this (to the best of my understanding) :
If you lose to the barline, the top 10 should not even be on your mind. You should be in remedial training, and trying to understand WHY you lost to an obviously easy challenge.

Just my 2 cents, tho.

Purple

Hi guys!
Didn't the barline START as me beating brawl players even though I never play brawl?

I thought the point was to humiliate them into improving, by me ****** them in a game I never play unless I randomly decide to enter a tournament.

The purpose of the barline is this (to the best of my understanding) :
If you lose to the barline, the top 10 should not even be on your mind. You should be in remedial training, and trying to understand WHY you lost to an obviously easy challenge.

Just my 2 cents, tho.
for the most part, that is the reason, i think there need to be a more serious discussion about these rankings at a later time.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
It's good everyone is giving their opinions about this. The PR was pretty dead for awhile and only through discussion will anything good come about.

I don't blame BBQ for being up in arms about a lot of the list nor other's ideas about having a top 5 instead of top 10 (I actually agree even though I would be excluded). A lot of the best GA players simply went inactive or quit for their own reasons and the PRs aren't as reflective of GA as a whole right now.

But at the same time you have to realize that those ten players right there are the ones our panel decided are the most consistently high ranking players GA has to offer RIGHT NOW. Respect the decisions that they made.

About the barline, I think it's a good idea and the choice is solid too. Rayku is an amazing player and Ike is the perfect character to test basics with and to reveal flaws/bad habits. I view the barline as a learning method for players who want to know how well they PLAY the game itself. It also gives a goal for players to strive towards in Brawl. Nothing more should be meant of it really.

In defense of the players on the PR that some have somewhat been questioned, PR is both skill and potential I believe. While some players are new, they already have proven themselves a good bit in tournaments and shouldn't be shot down but encourage and congratulated. I know I personally am absolutely ecstatic about my spot. Plus just because we're new doesn't mean we're bad even. 4GOD (9th) for example went to the Halloween Bash (a lot of the best players in the South East) and did very very well. He even gave Seibrik a GOOD run for his money. I believe even Seibrik said something along the lines of Where did this DDD come from? which imo says something. If you want to see one of their matches, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Q_446ezXQ.

After that wall of text, all I'm saying is... chill.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
this barwl barline thing is lame you guys are all dumb
it was only funny back in the day when fmtl was embarrassing high schoolers(and me) by outplacing them

now people are using it as a measure of power ranking eligibility wtf you don't use jokes as power ranks why is this whole state obsessed with barline challenges

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
all this PR tells me is that I really really need to start getting out to tournaments

i guess that is the point of the PR but it's working
if there was ever a time when top 10 was something within my grasp....

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i thought we already established top 10 is really "top 4 plus people random picks from tourney attenders"
you need to make that top THREE

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I feel like addressing the little bit of flame on these boards (what am I getting myself into...)

I'm glad some of you guys are thinking about trying to take a spot on the PR. Means we'll actually get some attendance at the tournaments. And WABA isn't the only tournament to go to also. You should go represent GA at ones like the Halloween Bash and Winterfest too.

And all I'm going to say is I think some of you guys are severely underestimating the PR. Just because you don't know them because you haven't been to a tournament in only god knows how long doesn't mean you can beat them. And following suite with my first paragraph, I'd love to have you come kick my tail into submission, prove me wrong, and steal that spot from me. Getting my butt handed to me only helps to improve my own playing.

More fun, more friends, more skills, it's what this game is all about.

P.S. - I actually had a harder time beating XIF's Wario than yours dyno. It was legit. Though I didn't beat yours... I've gotten A LOT better since that match. Especially against Warios I think and XIF and I's match was more recently.

P.S.S - You need to walk 2 blocks to my place XIF and play some friendlies. BRAWL ON A WALL!

Rayku

Smash Lord
The day Albino is eligible for #5 spot, I'm putting myself on the PR to prevent it.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
P.S. - I actually had a harder time beating XIF's Wario than yours dyno. It was legit. Though I didn't beat yours... I've gotten A LOT better since that match. Especially against Warios I think and XIF and I's match was more recently.

P.S.S - You need to walk 2 blocks to my place XIF and play some friendlies. BRAWL ON A WALL!
sounds like a challenge. or its just the salt talking..

Macktastic

Smash Cadet
Dyno i wanna take you up on your challenge

I have yet to face you on offline and when i was about to yall left for emerald china

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
sounds like a challenge. or its just the salt talking..
I'd like to restrict this to PR discussion mainly since the community seems to have a bad habit of going off track easily.... But oh well!

Everyone is always up in arms about people being salty and challenging and what not. It must be that I'm just to passive. But hey, sure I'll challenge you I guess. I'm not really salty though. Yes, I hated how the last match ended, but I'm sure you were the better player than me at that time. I just feel like I've gotten much better since then. Whether I've gotten better ENOUGH will have to be seen I guess :laugh:

So... MM next monthly? DK vs Wario? 3/5? Negotiate the price, ha. Work that 5th spot superiority. Or friendlies is fine if like me you have semi-money issues. Whichever.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Dyno i wanna take you up on your challenge

I have yet to face you on offline and when i was about to yall left for emerald china
I'd like to restrict this to PR discussion mainly since the community seems to have a bad habit of going off track easily.... But oh well!
yeah i rememer that. i was soo hungry lol. next time we see each other lets play:laugh:
Everyone is always up in arms about people being salty and challenging and what not. It must be that I'm just to passive. But hey, sure I'll challenge you I guess. I'm not really salty though. Yes, I hated how the last match ended, but I'm sure you were the better player than me at that time. I just feel like I've gotten much better since then. Whether I've gotten better ENOUGH will have to be seen I guess :laugh:

So... MM next monthly? DK vs Wario? 3/5? Negotiate the price, ha. Work that 5th spot superiority. Or friendlies is fine if like me you have semi-money issues. Whichever.
i think i can spare $1-3. ill see you at the monthly?

Purple

Hi guys!
The day Albino is eligible for #5 spot, I'm putting myself on the PR to prevent it.
seriously though rayku, don't be biased, even if alby trolls, or if alby goes against you in tourney, if his skill exceed all except the top 4, than he WILL be top 5.

player-1 you have no reason to do the barline, you are already higher rank than what rayku's lucario would even be. What would Ike do?

Player-3, i would be happy to see you beat everyone, go for #1, not #3 scrub.

Art-Dude, remember that wario has a down-throw infinite on DK, i recommend that being banned in your match

Rayku

Smash Lord
seriously though rayku, don't be biased, even if alby trolls, or if alby goes against you in tourney, if his skill exceed all except the top 4, than he WILL be top 5.
I'm trashing Albino by saying that if he becomes eligible for the #5 spot, I'm going to start entering and outplacing him at every tournament in order to keep him from that.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm trashing Albino by saying that if he becomes eligible for the #5 spot, I'm going to start entering and outplacing him at every tournament in order to keep him from that.
oh, so you're not going to enter in general?i

Maybe you should just do that

;/

D0N

Smash Ace
Go Mike!

...wtf happened to rayku, desu, and zombie? They that inactive?

And tong and elliot?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Go Mike!

...wtf happened to rayku, desu, and zombie? They that inactive?

And tong and elliot?
Tong off in some far away land, Elliot stopped playing for awhile, Zomb quit I believe, Desu retired, and Rayku still plays but doesn't put himself on the PR/not in singles really.

Sorry if I was wrong about any of that.

lol artdude gets on the pr then his post count triples
Let's see... posted 3 times in this thread... now 4. 21-4 = 17. 17 * 3 = 51. With simple basic math I proved you to be a troll. And I fell right for it.

I don't post because I only post when I have actually something to say or discuss or ask. Hence my long posts in this discussion thread. At least when I post I say something meaningful and I TRY to contribute. Instead of just throwing salt on the fire.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I can agree with this PR.
I'll see you guys around, but probably only in friendlies / possibly in teams. :p
Why you quit dawggg

lol salty

F*** this PR, IM DA BEST
Seriously though, football season's wrapping up soon, which means I'll be back in the gym, and back to competing again. I'm running a brawl tourney in a few weeks at my orchestra lock in, so that ought to help me get back into the competitive nature of this game once more.

I just realized that GA has no metaknights lol.
;)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Why you quit dawggg

lol salty

F*** this PR, IM DA BEST
Seriously though, football season's wrapping up soon, which means I'll be back in the gym, and back to competing again. I'm running a brawl tourney in a few weeks at my orchestra lock in, so that ought to help me get back into the competitive nature of this game once more.

;)
no you use Lucario lol.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Why you quit dawggg

lol salty

F*** this PR, IM DA BEST

;)
same here

This semester of college is wrapping up so I should be getting back into the tourney scene with possibly some new players brought along with me (Maybe Wang, OCTIX) so hopefully I can make my way onto this PR.

Atleast thats my new goal now. Im not too great anymore though so I'll see how I do at the december monthly.

If anyone cares :/

and Rayku do I need to play your Ike?

Purple

Hi guys!
rayku hasn't entered any tourneys except for halloween bash, that's the optimal reason for why he's not in the PR. if he didn't want to be on the list i would put him on anyway.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why you quit dawggg

lol salty

F*** this PR, IM DA BEST

;)
same here

This semester of college is wrapping up so I should be getting back into the tourney scene with possibly some new players brought along with me (Maybe Wang, OCTIX) so hopefully I can make my way onto this PR.

Atleast thats my new goal now. Im not too great anymore though so I'll see how I do at the december monthly.

If anyone cares :/

and Rayku do I need to play your Ike?
*****s

ill wreck you both
old school p-3 style

rayku i would like to take the barline with falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom