• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Ga* Legendary Games Brawl + Melee Singles and Doubles: * No Venue Fee!*Aug. 29th

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
LegendaryGames presents: BIRD! "Brawl in (Warner) Robins Day" Singles+Doubles+Melee (Singles and Doubles)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're having our next Brawl and Melee Tournament at Legendary Games in Warner Robins! This is the tournament for the community! We just want people to come and play. There will be no pot cut, and no venue fee. There will be pizza on sale, and random prizes given away! Come check us out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Brawl
Saturday, August 29
Registration begins at 12PM, Doubles begin at 2PM, Singles begin after Doubles end.

Melee
Saturday August 29
Registration begins at 12PM, Doubles begin at 2PM, Singles begin after Doubles end. (If you are entering both events, we will work with you in order to make sure that your matches will not get skipped)

Where:

Legendary Games
1825 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles (per team member)

NOTE: Bringing a Wii+Brawl setup or a TV will help with the event as we are hoping to have a fair amount of people in attendance.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Brawl Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Game Settings

3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:

Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium

All other stages are BANNED.

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound and Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Gamecube/Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

The ruleset for Melee Tournament Is As Follows

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles (per team member)

NOTE: Bringing a Melee+Gamecube setup or a TV will help with the event as we are hoping to have a fair amount of people in attendance.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

General Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Items are set to off
The stock is set to 4
The time limit is set 8 min
Sets are best of 3 matches, Finals are best of 5
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they have won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match (300%)
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Mewtwo soul stunner glitch is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Neutral Stage List
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles), Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Green Greens, Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar

Banned Stage List
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Fourside
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island 64
Brinstar Depths
Flat Zone
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom II
Peach's Castle

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound, Peach's Peach Bomber, Ice Climber Infinate throw are prohibited for excessively stalling a match. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

Also, if you need to contact the store, you can reach us at:

LegendaryGames: 478-293-1520 (if you need directions, call this number)

bigman40

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind coming to this. I'll try to see what I can do for this (Maybe this will be my main place to go to for tourneys since I'll be at college).

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure i can make this tournament, even though Warner Robins is really far away Ill plan ahead and make this. Hopefully we can have a pretty big turnout.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I might make my first GA tourney appearance (I guess 2nd technically, but first since I moved here) at this event...we'll see how the beginning of grad school goes.

nevershootme

Smash Master
are you guys sure about having no venue fee and doing 100% of the pot? just make sure this doesn't hurt your business a bit and if you are gonna take a % of the pot, make sure you announce it.

as for this statement

"Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament."

the cosmetic changes have no effect towards any sort of modding (this is technically considered an external mod, since it doesn't affect any parts internally). I feel this rule is not needed as some players typically compete with paint jobbed controllers.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wow I didn't even notice that, NSM. Thanks for pointing that out.

If that stays in effect, I won't be able to attend. And the last one I attended is kind of null and void, because I used a black/silver controller that time.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Hey Looks like this will be my first tourney in GA once i get there next week. If i go ill be commin from Albany,Ga so i guess its about 2hours away.

Melee and brawl..Mostyl Brawl :p

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
We ain't got no problem doing the no venue tournament. Our idea is that once you see how f**king awesome my store is, you'll come to the regular monthly's. And we're still going to continue to do the guarenteed 150.00. Like we said, we're here for ya'll, we just want people in the store. As for the offending paragraph, we're just stupid. It's been removed.

iPhaze

Smash Rookie
Mkay...sounds like fun...if anyone is able to give rides, i need one bad :/ i would like to go to my first offline tourney plzkthx...im quite a decent player

Purple

Hi guys!
just want to notify you of this LG.

Min quite recently posted a tournament on the 29th called combo breaker, it would require alot of hype to keep this going. For one you might want to change the title to that date.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Just in case none of you read the Legendary Games monthly thread, the last update for it applies to this tournament as well.

As much as I would love to do guarenteed pots for the other games, the response I got from the last monthly for SF4 and BB from the Brawlers wasn't much and unfortunatly we're in middle Ga so I get no help from the locals. But if I get at least ten for either, then I will add guarenteed pots to the other events as well for future montlies. Also, to help with the issues of rides from the Atlanta area, we will be offering rides on a first come first serve basis, the amount of people we can accomedate is unown, but the rides will take place the evening before instead of the morning office. This will eliminate the need for players to have to wake up extra early and also the event having to start later do to travel issues. The picked up players will stay at the store the night before. Any other players that wish to stay at the store at the store are welcome, and their will be friendlies all night long AT NO EXTRA COST. Just PM us if you're interested.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
hmm.Thats not enough i think ill go to pcola 7..that is my hometown...But i will Be at the tourney on 9/12 that on needs hype..

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm glad this is happening. I'll be coming, along with Kismet. Let's hype this up, people!

I expect this to be loads of fun.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
o jeeze..the one time im only an hour away to see reflex and kismet in action is when im going home to see my mom and enter Pensacola 7..Fudge, well yall come to WR tourney next month ill Def be there..First GA tourney woot

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
I'm glad we'll have a decent turnout for this. We need to get a count of how many people are bringing setups. And we have random door prizes that are going to be giving out as well.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Just in case none of you read the Legendary Games monthly thread, the last update for it applies to this tournament as well.

As much as I would love to do guarenteed pots for the other games, the response I got from the last monthly for SF4 and BB from the Brawlers wasn't much and unfortunatly we're in middle Ga so I get no help from the locals. But if I get at least ten for either, then I will add guarenteed pots to the other events as well for future montlies. Also, to help with the issues of rides from the Atlanta area, we will be offering rides on a first come first serve basis, the amount of people we can accomedate is unown, but the rides will take place the evening before instead of the morning office. This will eliminate the need for players to have to wake up extra early and also the event having to start later do to travel issues. The picked up players will stay at the store the night before. Any other players that wish to stay at the store at the store are welcome, and their will be friendlies all night long AT NO EXTRA COST. Just PM us if you're interested.
. . .
I want to try to make it to this now, but I have my last finals this Friday, and I don't get out until like 6PM.
I'll see if I can't scrape some cash together.
This place sounds awesome.

Top Bottom