• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hmm missed this FL thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292114

The New Melee Player Locator registration is up for any Melee players here(or any brawlers interested in looking into the scene). Please post your info and whatever else you want to go along with it. I'm leaving it up for a week. Please have anyone who is even remotely interested in FL Melee to register onto it. Help them make accounts if they don't have one. We want to have an idea who exactly we have here in the community that would be interested in attending events and playing Melee.

:rosalina:

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking we should plan for a melee tournament in Gainesville for January 29th.

It's 2 weeks after NOOB 3 in Orlando, and 2 weeks before Pound V. I looked and there are currently no other tournaments around that time yet.

I found a good venue and as long as we decide on a date soon, I can call and reserve it.

Thoughts?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Ooooooooooooooooooooh. That's a sooper heavy caster ya got thurr, rakcrack.

I like his Magic Carp. Giving the opponent NO option to avoid being rooted makes for a very interesting move

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I wanna go to the fest this Friday if you guys are having one, just wondering whats the when and where if this is gonna go down considering I'm not a regular.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
2001 SW 16th street, 32608

I talked to XoFF today. He wanted to know if you guys were interested in a big smashfest/semi-tourney/crew battle for next Friday, the 10th. I've got a final the following morning at 10am, so I dont know if I will be playing smash at all that day.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I wanna go to the fest this Friday if you guys are having one, just wondering whats the when and where if this is gonna go down considering I'm not a regular.
YESSSS!

<3 Miguel

Also, GG's Oscar! We will def try to play again if you get back before we all leave for break.

Renth

Smash Hero
Great smashfest last Friday, thanks for hosting again Dennis.

Anyway, while I've been watching youtube videos, I've found two things:

1) Youtube commentators are so easily impressed, especially with Ganon and Doc, lol.
2) There's this music video featuring Thomas exarch and Javier apollo, lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2s9Xb81I1M

Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay

VGmasta

Smash Lord

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Dennis good stuff in that set. Jigglypuff is bull****. Seriously.

Also I think I should mention that there's a technique where you can cancel half your lag on your aerials by hitting the shield button right before hitting the ground. You might want to look into it XP

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I almost mentioned that. Dennis was flashing around the stage w/ ledge-cancels and great spacing, but he missed an "uncharacteristic" amount of fast-movement (n64, did I get that right?) that match.

Top Bottom