• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm so tired of noteam...

*sigh*

oh well.. I'll fight my way back up to 1700 in time 1590 - 1640 is good enough for today.

Okay, I need a stress reliever so I made a smurf name: I_TOUCH_KIDS.

my first game on it, I out carry wild soul Lawl.

Match ID # 55968021

edit: i'm 2-0 on that account now first game out carried wild soul with bomber, the 2nd game i went zomg i have to do everything no-team kraken.

p.s. I'm kind of the best better than dennis.

Renth

Smash Hero
Mark is my frisbee up there in PA with you?
It is, I'm sending a box full of things for my brother today. If you want I can put it in said box and you can talk to my brother about picking it up from walmart where he works or from his place or if that's too big of an inconvience I can probably mail it straight to you but this way would be easier since we're sending him a box today anyways.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
This is how it has been for two summers now. There is plenty of smash chat during the year, but the summers is dead because we don't live near each other.

Renth

Smash Hero
This thread should just be changed to "Gainesville Florida HoN Chit-Chat", seeing as no Melee talk goes on anymore. :p
What melee do you want to talk about kid stfu. Hardly any of us are even playing it right now.
Play HoN.

It'd be a lot easier if you could just send it to me, since I'm not in Gainesville anymore. I'll pm you my new addy.

It'll be in the mail tomorrow.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
This thread should just be changed to "Gainesville Florida HoN Chit-Chat", seeing as no Melee talk goes on anymore. :p
Yeah I know how you feel.

Everyone who's been posting in here ain't even in Gainesville right now. But I guess they still post in here just to keep in touch.

Most of the Gainesville smashers now barely play melee. They are playing StarCraft or MvC3 or some other game.

rhan

Smash Hero
Fnished basic training yesterday. About to fly out to Pensacola later on today. Will be able to chillax in about 3 weeks. Can't wait.

GET HYPE!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Hungrybox is coming to Gainesville.

But we are losing Emilio.

I also plan on visiting Gainesville a lot. Maybe I can just drive up to Orlando and ride with you Javier. Sound like a plan?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Since January, this guy only plays AR and SD on MM... And he averages what looks like 8 games per day?! Is that for real? 462 days since release, 3597 games, that's 7.8 games per day. This guy is impressively dedicated to HoN. And doesn't play CM. Highest MMR seemed to be around 1766 then went on 10 game losing streak. This guys stats are kinda crazy. There are a lot of random wierd stats for this account. This guy is 7th on the player ladder for TMM games played and has the worst stats by far.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
HoN is the worst thing that ever happened to the melee scene. I've been trying to recruit more people into melee, but it's proving to be troublesome. And then everyone else is slowly drifting towards HoN and Starcraft and Marvel vs Capcom and all that junk.

PLEASE, KEEP MELEE ALIVE!!

Renth

Smash Hero
HoN is the worst thing that ever happened to the melee scene. I've been trying to recruit more people into melee, but it's proving to be troublesome. And then everyone else is slowly drifting towards HoN and Starcraft and Marvel vs Capcom and all that junk.

PLEASE, KEEP MELEE ALIVE!!
Fly your *** up to PA and play it with me then.

Didn't think so, HoN is a game where all of us can keep doing something together regardless of distance. no matter how much they piss me off.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Didn't think so, HoN is a game where all of us can keep doing something together regardless of distance. no matter how much they piss me off.
Pretty much this. We don't have to be in the same city, let alone the same room to play HoN. I still play Melee all the time (check me out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309026), it's just easier to play HoN at 1am. I do all sorts of stuff (Magic, HoN, starcraft) and it seldom actually interferes with smash. And when it does, I usually pick smash anyway.

Don't worry Ricky, you're still gonna have to be at the top of your game to beat me! =P

::EDIT:: as of noon on 08/16, I'm pretty much the average PSAG member. Also, I'd never seen our "Clan Description;" nice touch, Dennis.
http://clans.heroesofnewerth.com/clan/PSAG
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/player_stats.php?aid=823783

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
It'd be awesome to see you every now and then, Jav. Our numbers have dwindled.

Any new smashers coming to Gainesville? Fess up.
Hungrybox is coming to Gainesville.

But we are losing Emilio.

I also plan on visiting Gainesville a lot. Maybe I can just drive up to Orlando and ride with you Javier. Sound like a plan?
Give me notice, and I can be in Gainesville. Remember that I'm only about an hour or so away. :)

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Once we establish some sort of regular smashfest thing, you will be able to come at those times.

Pretty much the same deal with Rock's place.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yo Melee better be alive still. I'm able to leave base in about 2 weeks. Tryna get some Melee in with you guys. How far exactly is Corry Station from you guys?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Yo Melee better be alive still. I'm able to leave base in about 2 weeks. Tryna get some Melee in with you guys. How far exactly is Corry Station from you guys?
Corry Station, the naval base? That's in the panhandle. We're halfway between Jville and Tampa. Soooo Like 4+ hours for you =/

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Aren't we facebook friends? Also, I'm VERY Bronze League, so take that as you will. I'll post my user name and Friend Code later

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i deleted my facebook awhile ago

and i don't give a **** lol we could still do 2v2 for fun or some ****

what race do you play? also, nah son none of that friend code **** give me your email

i wanna be on that real id status lol

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Got a deep acquaintance with the infamous TFS crew (PC, Niko, Dbloc, OTG, R00R, whitemike) during my stay in NY, and all I have to say is during my 4 years at UF, our smash scene scores a 10/10 on the national scale in terms of SKILL, number, diversity, and most importantly accessibility to one another.
Meeting eachother in the future is just a matter of when. Miss ya'll.

Internship in Tampa for this semester.

Yo rock, should i bring my lunch to the internship, or buy food at their strip mall?

Linguini

Smash Master
Posted this on the uf facebook melee page but might as well do it here too

Felt like I needed to make this post because gville is da ****! I'm deciding to transfer to UM because they have one of the best music production/business programs in the country and that's what i'm trying to do for a living. I was a history major at UF but I felt like I was just wasting my time and money.

Just wanted to say that I had a great time in the 1 year + that I spent up there and that our melee scene was awesome in terms of hospitality and raw skeeeeeel.

Shoutouts to a couple peeps:

Ricky- Man, this dude helped me out and saved my *** so many times I can't even remember them all. You're a great guy and I appreciate all the rides you gave me and especially helping me move in to my apartment. Your doc improved a lot over the course of the year and you def. have a lot of potential so keep at it! I hear you're coming back down to sfl so i'm sure we will chill soon.

Josh- lol, it was fun training with you and bull****ting whenever we hung out....good memories but i'll see you around at FL tournies hopefully. SO FIRE!

Dennis- Your the man for hosting those fests, many merry times were had and thanks for dat apple/fruit punch.....haha, come to a sfl tourney at some point!

Ed- My n!gga, I have no doubt we will keep in touch and your awesome to chill with. Let me know if you come down to sfl!....ICEY breh

Kris/Mo- lol you guys are awesome, sorry for showing up randomly so many times at your place. We had some good times and thanks for everything....good luck with school I know both of you grind hard

Pat- byaaaaad, lol you almost never came out of your frat cave but you're mad chill. see you around man

Jav- Thanks for having me over at springs those couple of times. You are a really smart player with the potential to be even better; I see it. Good luck with your teaching stuff dude!

Sorry if I left you out I did this kinda rushed

Peace out gainesville, you will all be missed!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Holy **** a HoN thread. :D

my ingame names are Sinz and Scizorlizard. :)

Top Bottom