• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys are off the chain with these posts right now.
****, a large cardboard box on the street Seth :laugh:?! Well, it is true that I jump through rings of fire just to play smash, lol.

And that last post I made about counting me in for whatever was in response to Oscar's question about who's staying here for the summer. I did express my interest in Linguini coming here in an earlier post, assuming that I would get to play/watch him play in person at some point during the summer. But, I'm looking forward to playing Oscar, Linguini, and whoever else wants to play with me.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
WHOA people, let's take it easy here. I'm not offended with the cardboard box thing at all.

I'd rather keep my thoughts about the "N" word to myself. Using the "N" word at all raises too many unneccesary questions and confrontations. And I hope no one's callin' me the N word though, I wouldn't like that AT ALL. I know Doc. mario's an annoyin' matchup, but wow... :laugh:

EDIT:
And at sittin' on the sidelines while people are playing teams, I appreciate you Seth for trying to initiate entry for me. But watching people play teams like that is my own liberal decision. Everyone remembers when I decided to take notes on Dennis' and Mark's Ganondorf usage, right? Sometimes I feel that I'd gain more productive training by watching the masters in action.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
He was using it to prove a point. Nobody calls anybody the N word. He was simply observing how we use it as a joke and, somehow, nobody seems bothered (thought it bothers him, which makes sense).

Though if it bothers anybody, please tell us, and we will stem our use of it in any context, for any reason.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
I cant believe you guys... Going to summer classes to "learn your way around" and "get acquainted" or "meet people"? You must be joking.

You'll be fine without summer classes, Emilio.

Also, free Cici's Friday? Hell yes.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
zomg can you BOTH pls delete that abomination of an argument? it's bad for the public eye...

**** yea, cici's.

@ Emilio: taking summer classes is nice. i did take that EFTP B.S. and it was aweful. If you're going into engineering, here's my advice: try to take HARD classes during the summer and easy classes during the normal terms. Don't retake calc 1.... ever. or chem 1... or physics... retaking classes is stupid. If you're not doing engineering, the latter still applies.

Anyway... I wish i was here for the summer to play w/ all yall. I MIGHT visit for wato 10 or NOOB 3 or w/e.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
EDIT:
And at sittin' on the sidelines while people are playing teams, I appreciate you Seth for trying to initiate entry for me. But watching people play teams like that is my own liberal decision. Everyone remembers when I decided to take notes on Dennis' and Mark's Ganondorf usage, right? Sometimes I feel that I'd gain more productive training by watching the masters in action.
I feel ya on this one, Ricky. I very often would prefer to watch others play than actually play myself. Sometimes I'm just tired of playing, other times I want to see if I can practice picking up on habits, sometimes I like pretending I'm a guru and pointing out how other can improve, finally sometimes I just want to relax and watch a good match between two similarly skilled players. But yea, watching smash is UU

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
u guys are GAY AND STUPID

i hope someone is gay

no homo

If you don't come for the summer, you get like 2-3 days before classes start to walk around. And when you guys got exams?

I have 1 mon, 1 tues, 1 wed

Also, I hate watching matches unless they're salty. I leave the teams tv and come back 3 hours later and it has devolved to double kirby vs double young link....that's when I kick you guys out for wasting my EEEEElectricity.

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey Linguini, I can't wait for you to play a lot when you get here.

WHO

GIVES

A

**** !?

It's a video game, he'll play when he has time, why any of you/us are talking or even arguing about a topic this stupid is beyond me. Congrauations Linguini, You've reached omfg celebrity status after this one.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Not really. It was just me and Seth having a discussion on what he said that devolved rather quickly. Linguini happened to be the start of the debate, but I don't believe he was quite the focus.

More like the evidence (sometimes)

On a more important note, are we smashing this Friday or "reading"/studying?

::EDIT::
that's when I kick you guys out for wasting my EEEEElectricity.
So... just looking at this post made me start thinking about the complex phonology of the word "electric."
As an adjective, the "c" makes the sound /k/ (electric)
As a noun, "c" makes the sound /s/ (electricity)
As a job, "c" makes the sound /sh/ (electrician)

Linguistics is ruining my life... not really, I love it

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Oh, wow Ricky. I totally replied to your visitor message before watching that vid. And guess what, NOTHING BUT EDGE-CANCELS. Predictable.

He did a very nice job tho, props.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
NOTHING BUT EDGE-CANCELS. Predictable.
Hey, I saw him do moonwalks too :laugh:. But yeah, you're right, Fox and Falco dominate every character in tech skill level, and therefore tech skill contests as well. I vote that the winners of the contests should be character divided. (i.e. most technical fox = Josh, most technical ganon = me) Just some terrible examples I know.

Linguini

Smash Master
No need argue guys haha. If I do go for summer which is looking likely, I know i'm going to have a ton of free time, so i'll def. get some smash in with you guys. Just gotta balance it with partying my *** off haha

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I think I 'may' be coming to Gainesville if its OK with the person who's hosting it, it's usually Josh isn't it? Anyway if anyone in the Ocala area would like to come with me and pitch in gas PM me before 5 PM.

Top Bottom