• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the matches last night, guys. Great seeing you all after two weeks. I wish I could have joined you for some free Cici's, though. >_>

As for Athena.....Yay it's Jen! Are you gonna come play with the big boys? :p

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Jen, Neon's sister? Yea, you should play with us (or just me cuz all these other guys are nooobs with no mindgames/skill)
I have mindgaaames. But no skill...

Next year I'll get back into Melee and get my Ganon up to scratch. Ricky, you or anyone else planning on going to Turlington one last time this Friday?

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Don't listen to him, he doesn't care. He's just jumping on the Ganon bandwagon.

Renth

Smash Hero
Doc is boring to use, jump back wards pill, grab a lot, insert random combo that doesn't work.

repeat.

Neon Ness

Why would you ledgestall in a game with actual combos.

Especially if it's just a friendly with no money on the line.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I kind of feel guilty playing Roy, but the forbidden fruit must be tasted.

I might be out of town this friday...but I can play thursday, maybe wednesday afternoon after my last exam.

Renth

Smash Hero
Let me know if you guys want to hang out sometime during the week, I doubt i'll be going to fests as often.

edit: I mean hang out, go see a movie go for a jog. I haven't been feeling much like sitting around and playing games.

Neon Ness

not sure if theres a thread on it alrdy, but seeing as this is all melee.... does gainesville have a brawl scene? :)
We do. I can't help but feel like we're sort of scattered, though.

Next school year it might be nice if the Brawl players could also have weekly gatherings at some central location, one that's convenient for both on and off campus people.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Next school year it might be nice if the Brawl players could also have weekly gatherings at some central location, one that's convenient for both on and off campus people.
I support this idea. I think our weekly gatherings have made us much better and I believe Brawl players would benefit as well.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Yes. Me, Lio, and Ryo live in Gainesville. We have tournaments sometimes here too, whenever we're able to secure a venue

I would like this. Someone figure this out ):
awesome! When i first read the first page i was thinking **** no brawl? good to hear gville on that brawl status, cant wait! :bee:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So many campers last night, Holy PATRICK. I hope I get Raistlin in tournament:laugh:.

Yea, you'd know if you were... hey wait a minute. Who is Athena?!
double pooooooooooost. i only do it RESPONSE Ricky! Jiggs is so ****ing slow, I hate having to chase you as you run away from me the whole match! It is exhausting. Ledge stalling, however, is relaxing.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Are you moving to gville dewdadash?

Mark, you'll be gone by the time I come back for summerschool? (like may 6)

Why can't lio host brawl at his place?

I'm looking to be moving out of my place in July, and won't be able to host smashfests like I do now. Hoping to pass the torch to Rock...we'll see.

Renth

Smash Hero
Are you moving to gville dewdadash?

Mark, you'll be gone by the time I come back for summerschool? (like may 6)

Why can't lio host brawl at his place?

I'm looking to be moving out of my place in July, and won't be able to host smashfests like I do now. Hoping to pass the torch to Rock...we'll see.
we'll talk

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I support this idea. I think our weekly gatherings have made us much better and I believe Brawl players would benefit as well.
I'd like to believe this but I'm not sure about it to be honest. Hopefully others have felt they have gotten much better, but I have always looked at these friday fests as a very relaxing way to hang out with some fun kids and enjoy our favorite game.

I recognize this is a very subjective thing, but I think I just wanted to say that having fun with you all always seemed like the goal more so than getting better, but it would be great if getting better was a by product.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's always been my goal to have fun on Friday nights over getting better.

Because, well, let's face it. I just can't improve on perfection.

<== Holla at this kid.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
double pooooooooooost. i only do it RESPONSE Ricky! Jiggs is so ****ing slow, I hate having to chase you as you run away from me the whole match! It is exhausting. Ledge stalling, however, is relaxing.
Yea, now tell us all the one about the three bears....

Look at these johns; Jiggs is so slow :dizzy:. You can't hit me as long as I outspace your bull**** and don't give you the shield grabs you want, and you know it. When Stephen went to dash-dance across the other side of the stage, there were no johns. But when I'm like outspacin' you by like rolling distance, you turn s0ft as hell.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Well, yea. The PURPOSE of these smashfests is not necessarily to get better, just to hang out. In fact:

Renth said:
Gainesville Florida Smashfests, we're all good friends looking to have fun and also try to help each other to get better at game that has brought us together.
So I agree that I don't go explicitly to get better, but I do enjoy seeing myself improve. It's kinda like going to the beach. You go to hang out and get away from it all, but you still enjoy meetin' chicks.

PS: One of the reasons we started these WAS to get better via mini-tournaments, but that's not quite the case anymore.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm always playing to get better. I don't really expect to win, but I at least want some learning and progression everytime I play. Otherwise, I just feel like I'm wasting time. So far, it's been a success though. I feel like I take in something different after every Friday. So thanks for all the training/smashfests ppl. Much appreciated.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Um, if anyone wants to get better for reals, I've always got another notch to kick it up to.....

I never use lasers
, tornado or shuttleloop gimps
unless I'm down 1v1 at the end of a teams match, but I'll warm it up for tourny experience.

I can also play for quarters....or Rock can start up a stats excel spreadsheet, if that helps :)

P.S. moar pew pew

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Just so we're clear Patrick, I'm not hatin' on ya for camping for whatever reason you had. The way I look at is, I got you to run away from ME (Doc). I must have done something right to make you run all the way out there. I just gotta figure out how to get you off of the ledge. And I KNOW there's a way. Like you said Jiggs ain't even that fast, so I can take advantage of her somewhat slower running game. But still, you're the one with ******** hitboxes.

Um, if anyone wants to get better for reals, I've always got another notch to kick it up to.....

I never use lasers unless I'm down 1v1 at the end of a teams match, but I'll warm it up for tourny experience.

I can also play for quarters....or Rock can start up a stats excel spreadsheet, if that helps :)

P.S. moar pew pew
Yeah Josh, how can I possibly train to beat Uuaa when you never even shoot 1/60th of what Uuaa shoots at his opponents.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Just so we're clear Patrick, I'm not hatin' on ya for camping for whatever reason you had. The way I look at is, I got you to run away from ME (Doc). I must have done something right to make you run all the way out there. I just gotta figure out how to get you off of the ledge. And I KNOW there's a way. Like you said Jiggs ain't even that fast, so I can take advantage of her somewhat slower running game. But still, you're the one with ******** hitboxes.

Yeah Josh, how can I possibly train to beat Uuaa when you never even shoot 1/60th of what Uuaa shoots at his opponents.
Was Pat playing like this? Super Gay

Top Bottom