• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Smash-be-que shoutouts continued...
Dennis: Thanks for wishing me happy birthday man. You need to get back up here already so you can show me how to bait Josh into running into my attacks (as Ganon of course).

Kris: I had an epic time playing Halo 2, tetris and Dr. Mario with you. I say you should keep at it. You got potential.

Again thanks to all that showed up. I know it was kinda expensive but I hope we can do this again. I'd be down with paying door fee too.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll go if someone rides me a find and doesn't mind taking me home as well i have family coming early in the morning

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
mmm, work at 6pm, available after 9pm for smash. i need to make it so that i may turn off Josh's light, cuz i know no one ELSE will...

Waza

Smash Apprentice
@ Matt Thanks not only for the ride but an all around great time, from the jokes swimming and so on. Today was great.

@ Ricky Nice way for us to honor your birthday, can't wait to do it again.

@ Nick, Jenny, and Chad..? (i'm bad with names). It was nice to chill with you guys and get to know you, thanks again especially for the ride to walmart.

@ Josh Sorry you got hit in the eye with the ball, we had a lot of fun you should have came swimming.

@ Chris it was nice hanging out and playing you

@ Masky thanks for coming out and head butting basketballs across the pool into peoples hands.. pro

@ Alex you have your moments of glory harness it!

@ Ian . .. Hello

@ whoever I forgot thanks for coming out

Had a great time guys, can't wait to get to know you all more in these type of places, outside of just playing a game together sometimes.

Hey this is Nick. No prob Mark and it was great getting to know you. I had a blast and I can safely say the SBQ was a helluva success. We gotta make these monthly and get a small fee going so as to ease the monetary strain of buying goods for it. But this could become a pretty big thing in the smash community if pitched right. All in all, thanks to Ricky for hosting it and getting this first SBQ off the ground. :chuckle:

and for everyone else...
@Alex: I gotta keep practicing to catch up to you again. Thanks for giving my Fox some training, though that roof attack on my head had me somewhat disoriented. lol

@Max: the smirk and headbutting of basketballs made my day.

@Josh: I'm sorry about that ball hitting your eye, but that cheese dog idea was brilliant. haha.

@Kris: watching you get schooled at 4 different games in row by Ricky was probably the funniest thing i've seen in a long while. But you put up a helluva fight and even beat the VG Masta at two of his own games (tetris and MK) from time to time. Kudos bro.

@Ian: it was great to meet you and I wish we had gotten more matches in. But theres always more time for that if we keep having these events.

@Matt: you cook some mean BBQ bro. And those flying knees into the pool NEEDED to be recorded or something. Haha, too good.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
No prob, Nick. I'll give you some Fox practice anytime. =] Hopefully we'll get to see you more at the Friday night get-togethers, assuming your not busy. And I'm glad to see you're feeling a little better after that heavy whack on the head. XD

On another note, shoutout to the dudes who went to the SF tourney!

On another-nother note, who wants to teach me how to swim so I can be more involved during pool time at the next SBQ? ^_^

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Me and ricky are hitching a ride with Publix (brawler) to CEO. Renth is a maybe. We might have room for one more. Can anyone drive stick?

I may be leaving tonight, waiting on ride guy to give me more info (might be staying the night at a relatives of his in orlando)
Smashfest is canceled until further notice.

Also got to write an essay due at 5 PM. Ricky ill call you when I find out about stuff.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I failed at CEO...
I don't know what's wrong with me.... Like I know I can play better than I end up doing.

I think I'm gonna take a break from my other characters for awhile. I should focus more on the character that I actually main. I'm proud of my Ganon in teams though. Nice work Stephen.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, I failed at CEO...
I don't know what's wrong with me.... Like I know I can play better than I end up doing.

I think I'm gonna take a break from my other characters for awhile. I should focus more on the character that I actually main. I'm proud of my Ganon in teams though. Nice work Stephen.
Yeah man, teams was hella fun. We did pretty good =D

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we'll have some activities coming up in the coming weeks. However, I know that next weekend (not this weekend) begins the week long break between the two summer terms at UF and I don't know who will be here during or after that time.

Renth

Smash Hero
Thanks for hosting the smashfest yesterday Josh. It was fun playing everyone again. Dr. Mario FTW! I think HoN should be banned since I don't have time to play it, lol!
This is like saying you should remove all the oxygen from the air because your religion has something against it.

Don't knock it foockk ittt

Top Bottom