• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
It wasn't meant to be pessimistic, I was just commenting on how there was no smash yesterday or friday. no harm intended :x
No one called me and i'm sure others were busy.

Flat out saying gainesville is dead is a pretty bold statement

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Quotes from a thread on the HoN forums:

Title: What happened to the Fox Hero?
Post: They were making a Hero called Fox... where she can switch between different kind of Bows or something.... Agility... kind of like a Scout... real fast.. deadly...
I think it was an original Hero....

Mod's Reply:We scrapped the concept due a redundancy in his design (Madman can already do Barrel Rolls)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Josh is passing on his sandbagging tricks to Max.

Once a student of Oscar's, Josh now passes down the best ways to have fun while being silly to a new generation of Gainesville sandbaggers.

Apparently summer is a fun time to be up there, I can't wait 'til next year!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want, you can come over to my place. It's pretty roomy and has comfy couches. I have two full setups here but maybe 1 -2 more would be nice. However, I would not want all of you guys to stay until like 6 in the morning. You would have to leave at a reasonable hour.

Just if you can't find anywhere else.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
i am going to wait until 11:59 p.m. to wish him a happy birthday, because that's the closest I can come to timing him out irl

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hah Pat. And happy bday Max.

Good news: got Stephanie to play melee for the first time ever yesterday.
1 She was recovering competently by the end of it (2nd jump -> upB)
2 She really enjoyed it, so much she was surprised by how much she did.

Also: I'm looking to buy a new laptop, I want something fast/cheap/good. One that can play HoN & StarCraft, will be able to handle recording matches at least.

Recommendations?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
i am going to wait until 11:59 p.m. to wish him a happy birthday, because that's the closest I can come to timing him out irl
:laugh: that was good.

Happy Birthday Masky, I'll play some Brawl with you if you show up tonight, just cuz it's your birthday.

I'm still sure how well my roommate is feelin'. He seemed to be feelin' better, but I'd just rather try somewhere else this time. Maybe Matt's or Josh's place.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Happy birthday Max! I hope you have a kickin' day and remember to sandbag people who wish you happy birthday.

Also: I'm looking to buy a new laptop, I want something fast/cheap/good. One that can play HoN & StarCraft, will be able to handle recording matches at least.

Recommendations?
For starters, for gaming, I can't recommend a Desktop enough as they're cheaper and you can upgrade as you go. However, a lot of people get laptops because they're convenient and need them for class/work so I'll respect that.

Second, if it can run Starcraft2, it can run HoN, so don't worry much about HoN. Just Google-search "Starcraft 2 system requirements" and you should get some recommended specs via Blizzard Support.

Finally, the Dell Latitude series is the work-horse laptop of the world. They may have come out w/ a bunch of new ones, but my friend has one that runs most games well enough and all NON-game applications well.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Here's the deal today guys:

Smash at my place. At 5ish I'm going to pick up Mark and Josh and going to R U Game to get a new controller, then we're coming back to my place. If you need a ride, I can pick up 2ish people on the way back. You can come over after we get back.

My address is:
1810 NW 23rd Blvd, Apt 265
Gainesville, FL, 32605

However directions are better: Go up 13th, turn left @ Taco Bell (onto 23rd). Then right at the next light. Give me a call when you get this far. The bus stop is on 23rd, and you can see the stop light from there.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
If you guys want, you can come over to my place. It's pretty roomy and has comfy couches. I have two full setups here but maybe 1 -2 more would be nice. However, I would not want all of you guys to stay until like 6 in the morning. You would have to leave at a reasonable hour.

Just if you can't find anywhere else.
Lmao! 2pm the next day sure sounds like a nice and reasonable hour. ^_^

And Happy Belated Birthday to Max!

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Linguini is mackin' on his roommates girlfriend.

Matt's place for the summer is really nice and I want to make pizza there before you move.

Chris and Mo have the best TV in gainesville, giant CRT.

Alex and I are introducing Death Note to Chris, watching alongside like herbs.

Mark, how is your poop.

Top Bottom