• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gale Boomerang Edgeguard

supak

Smash Cadet
If this has not been discovered before, I found a technique quite a while ago that uses the Gale Boomerang to stop all aerial movement of an opponent that is recovering.

Unfortunately it is hard to aim it other than horizontally out, but it is possible to aim it up and down.

The simplest way of doing this is as your opponent is recovering, backwards short hop past the ledge, quickly double jump and use your Gale Boomerang to hit the ledge of the stage and UpB to recover. You should grab the ledge while your Gale Boomerang has bounced off the ledge, heading towards your opponent. If it intercepts your opponent is stops all forward momentum. I have tried this with many players in matches, it easily brought Mario's and Marth's UpB to a halt.

Just thought I'd like to share. It might not be the most convenient, but it is a start, eh?

Smash Lord
When you say it cancels aerial movement does that mean that when Mario (for example) is recovering and you use this technique his Up-B stops entirely? So basically you can cut a recovery short....

Does it work for falling characters such as preventing them from using aerials?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I don't know if thats possible because when you attack a person as they recover they get another chance to revover. It might not make sense but you just get another upB to use if you used it already.
Not with the GB. If you hit them with it on the return, wind walling/gale guarding for example, the boomerang simply pushes them away. It doesn't actually hit them.

supak

Smash Cadet
When you say it cancels aerial movement does that mean that when Mario (for example) is recovering and you use this technique his Up-B stops entirely? So basically you can cut a recovery short....

Does it work for falling characters such as preventing them from using aerials?
From what I have tested, it does work with falling characters, and it makes Mario's UpB seem like Luigi's Melee UpB, having no forward momentum, and just falling down. I'm going to do more testing on things like Wario's bike and other characters, because I unfortunately have nobody to help test with.

@FrozenFire13

I know this is a repeated topic, but I have not yet seen a very effective technique for the Gale Boomerang on these boards for edge guarding, besides the "shoot and roll" where you make the GB miss you to hit your opponent, which takes way too much time and luck to aim, also very risky if you are aiming it down. This technique allows you to aim the basic diagonal-up, sharp angled-down, and horizontally with assurance it will hit the spot you are aiming for.

Mezna

Smash Cadet
I'm confused about what you're talking about. Could you make a vid please? I think you're talknig about just throwing the boomerang towards the stage and then avoiding it so it goes behind you off the stage, pulling the enemy further away, right?

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
newb discussion.

galeforce pushes while not actually HITTING your opponent, so it wouldn't give them their up b back.

this thread has been up so many times

supak

Smash Cadet
I invented the technique, it's called "Gale guarding" (I didn't name it, but the discovery of the move came up in a match of Skler and I). It's old, and was found since the game came out. Old topic, old thread game over.
Mommy help I'm being trolled! :laugh:

You can't invent techniques in a game, only find them. I know by replying, your ego is only being fed, but I just wanted to say I invented the name AuraShade. (The name came up in a discussion between me and God.)

But seriously, how cliche can a name get. My name means anus in Russian, and it is 100x better,

(See? It's that easy!)

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Mommy help I'm being trolled! :laugh:

You can't invent techniques in a game, only find them. I know by replying, your ego is only being fed, but I just wanted to say I invented the name AuraShade. (The name came up in a discussion between me and God.)

But seriously, how cliche can a name get. My name means anus in Russian, and it is 100x better,

(See? It's that easy!)
oh please shut up you're so unoriginal and you're just as stupid as about half the other users here.

Aura_ace

Smash Rookie
yeah, not 2 hard 2 think of, but it gets irritating... anyone know how 2 stop it???

WR3K

Smash Ace
aurashade stop trolling every **** thread.

the only post ive ever seen come out of you has been:

bla bla bla, thread over...

if you were a mod EVERYTHREAD WOULD BE CLOSED.

guess what, its an internet discussion board, ppl come here to discuss, and beleive it or not everyone isnt on here 24/7 to take note of every thread made ever. believe it or not some ppl are not on the internet all the time lurking these boards.

so chill out dude.... sheesh

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Lol countertrollfailsatcountertrolling.

Welcome to smashboards, kid.
As the number-1 rule of smashboards is "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE", I'll have to go and say that perhaps posting this as an additive to discussion in one of the already made threads (since you know it's a repeated topic) would've been a smarter idea.

aurashade stop trolling every **** thread.

the only post ive ever seen come out of you has been:

bla bla bla, thread over...

if you were a mod EVERYTHREAD WOULD BE CLOSED.

guess what, its an internet discussion board, ppl come here to discuss, and beleive it or not everyone isnt on here 24/7 to take note of every thread made ever. believe it or not some ppl are not on the internet all the time lurking these boards.

so chill out dude.... sheesh
Oh shush.
Trolling repeated threads on boards eventually has a positive result: a rare appearance of a repeated thread.
It's good to start early.
That, and he was (quite poorly) counter-trolled, which shows the TC can handle himself.

-Nox`

Top Bottom