• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Matchup Export: Olimar

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
No G&W is going to take you to ps1 lmao.

Ps1 promotes camping and as we all know, olimar is a ***** at camping.

Honestly I would only ban FD in this match up. YI is still pretty bad but you can force olimar to land on the giant platform for some good shield pressure or uair mixups.

CPs?? assuming we're using apex ruleset, just go with frigate. If they ban frigate, it's really up to your comfort stage lol. Not sure how I feel about BF. Otherwise RC/BRIN are obvious choices.

I really don't want to say this is a 4:6 match up but I guess I'll go with it for now:/.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
We get kind of boned on neutrals in this MU tbh.

I mean we're gonna ban FD, Siege and SV anyway. But honestly the rest of the stages aren't even that good for us in this MU. I find that getting game 1 off a competent Olimar is a ***** frankly.

They're not going to let us strike to Lylat and even so, they can camp under platforms and pull purples more than most of the other neutrals.

PS1 is iffy to me. I don't know why we would CP there though. I mean maybe we'd settle for it on a stage strike but we have no reason to want to take Olimar there....pretty much gonna just co sign Penta's post.

I feel like Battlefield is really iffy. In theory, it seems like we'd do well there but so does Olimar. It feels like he still wins on that stage to me since all it does it just reinforce him camping under platforms and makes it more difficult to approach...which is our biggest issue in this MU. I mean yes, we can do some nasty stuff once we're in but I'm not sure if the drawback of more difficult approaching is worth the bonus of easier pressure once we're in.

I don't think Yoshi's is good at all in this MU either.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Well, you said you were between 4:6 and 45:55, but the majority was 4:6.

Do you have anything that gives you that opinion in particular?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@Penta: I was asked what stage I would ban vs. G&W with Japanese ruleset. Meaning only YI, Lylat, and PS1 are bannable.

Olimar really doesn't mind any stage besides Frigate, unless RC and Brinstar are legal (Ewwww)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Dabuz, what do you think about Lylat?

I wish FD was ban-able in the japanese ruleset. ;.;

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I like Lylat in this MU. Would take G&W there because Lylat gives Oli more yellows AND the tilting + stage layout helps Olimar space against G&W

Top Bottom