• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game-changing decision: Lucario or Pikachu?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I don't understand the whole thing about not maining Lucario because of Azen? Anyway, you should main them both! Personally I main Pikachu and Meta Knight, so with them, I use each whenever a matchup comes that favors one over the other, and it works pretty well, much like counterpicking stages, except for characters. Practice with them both; get your ability to play each how they are meant to be played, and thus, how you play each should vary from the other. You said that you're friends said you played pikachu poorly, but you fixed those problems with TL, well just change pikachu, don't completely drop it for that reason...that's just silly! anyway, do what's more fun for you if you desperately need to have ONE main; if not, look at Bunny-she has like 50 mains, and there are only like 35 characters xD

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Main Pikachu. He is good at...
  • Edge guarding (thunder)
  • 'First attack' (Jolt)
  • 'High flying' (Thunder; when an oppenment is flying or in the air, strike them until they fly off the stage).
  • Dodging

Yeah...there's alot more but I have to go now :psycho:

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
O rly? But what about Lucario? he has crazy disjointed hitboxed, beastly aerial game, nice ground game, and gets stronger as he takes more damage. What does Pikachu have over Lucario?

krehz

Smash Ace
Ok coming from a pika and lucario MAINER i say that you could do both......... but if you dont feel comfortable with a character then DON'T USE THEM.... :D go with your gut, use the character that you always find yourself coming back to. go with the character that you can't wait to play with and then DO NOT change ur main. Practice Practice Practice......... once you get good with that character, you should be able to pick up someone else... my guess is that is why Azen is so good. Hope that helps :p i am going to post it on the Lucario boards as well :D

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Okay, try this.

1. Brawl. Go to Brawl.
  2. Now, choose Pikachu.
  3. Set the CPU rating to 9.
  4. Fight.
  5. Repeat, but with Lucario.

Now, you won with which character? (or which character did you feel comfortable with?)
That should solve your problem.

Pikachu is my main and Lucario is my secondary, so obviously you've got the word from me.
I'm a girl so obviously I'd choose a cute little yellow thing with a tail over some magic fox-thingy.

BUT STILL - don't get me wrong, I like Lucario.
Good luck with the 9CPUs, by the way. :chuckle:
I've beaten them lots of times before... :p

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I did it. I also played my friends for good measure. I took on the whole roster at LV9, and after clearing them all out with both characters, I've come to the decision that... I'm going to use Lucario. I don't know how to explain it, it just seemed that he "flowed." Maybe it was ability to combo, or the fact he got stronger as the battle progressed. His mofosity just seemed unparalleled to me. Sorry Pikachu, but you'll always have a place in my heart. :(

Top Bottom