• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Crazy (not Gamestop) Pre-release Tournament

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Alright so I pre-ordered my copy of brawl through this company affliated with hollywood video called "Gamecrazy." It's a game trade in store, very similar to gamestop. I dunno if it's a country wide franchise, but I do know they are also having a pre-release tournament for Brawl.

So my question is, has anyone seen this/and are planning on going? Also I'm having a pretty difficult time finding any information on the Gamecrazy tournament. So does anyone know more information about it then the flyer provides...

Saturday, March 8th
Starting at 8pm
Tournaments, prizes, giveaways!
Game goes on sale at 12:01am
come dressed as your favorite character!
If anyone has any information regarding this, please tell me, I don't want to go expecting to play brawl and end up playing melee or vice versa. Thanks.

Retaliation

Smash Cadet
wtf i reserved my copy at gamecrazy and i asked them if they were going to have any tournaments or events, the the guys just said" we might have a melee tourny... with no prizes...." WTF???

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
It's not a country-wide official tourney. My GC wants to have a tourney, but last I knew hadn't made any solid plans. They did say if they did have one, a copy of Brawl would be the prize. Just depends on your location...

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Ah ok, so it probably varies by location. I guess I'll just have to call my gamecrazy and get the info from them.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
My GameCrazy is having a tournament, and I'm planing to go so I guess it's not just a local thing. I don't have any real info on it tho

Retaliation

Smash Cadet
My GameCrazy is having a tournament, and I'm planing to go so I guess it's not just a local thing. I don't have any real info on it tho
did the cashier say what game????? cuz i still dont know if i should go to the melee tourney...

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Ya I'm going I got that flier too...I think they're using the Wiimote as the controller....

Brawl...
Ah yea, that was something I was worried about. I'll just have to practice with the wiimote for a while before going. But yea I think everyone who got the flier, their gamecrazy tournament will probably be the same set up.

Retaliation

Smash Cadet
Ya I'm going I got that flier too...I think they're using the Wiimote as the controller....

Brawl...
well just wanted to know, cuz at my place, we're gonna have a MELEE (:confused:) tourny... and im tired of melee tournies.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's good it's Brawl. I just can't do another melee tournament, I did one after playing brawl for like two weeks and it was just too weird.

CHUK

Smash Ace
They r having one by my house and hopefully in is melee, and I can't wait to make fun of ppl dressed in suits, MINDGAMMMEMZ

zergman

Smash Cadet
I talked to the manager at my Game Crazy in Layton Utah and he said they are having a melee tourney before the release and the winner gets a copy of brawl. The other stores I have called in Utah are not having a tourney. At least the 5 that I called don't.

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
The game crazy by my house is having one, with the prize being Brawl but I don't know how the tournament will be set up. I am assuming it will be a couple hours before the midnight launch, maybe 8 or 9.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
My copy is reserved at Gamecrazy as well. Last time I asked, they didn't know if they would be holding a tournament. I'll check tomorrow.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I know my local Gamecrazy is having a Melee tourney with Brawl as the prize. Too bad I'm not eligible since I work at Hollywood Video (Vdeo rental side of the business0.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Like some others already said, my local Gamecrazy is having a Melee tournament for the Brawl release. They didn't even tell me what the prize would be.

Repryx

Smash Champion
My game crazy is having a Melee Tourney for free brawl...Also those who participate in the tourney get 1st dibs in line to purchase their copy

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friends preordered it there so if there is a tourney then we may go (I don't know yet since I preordered mine about one and a half years ago, aaand it's too early to call my Gamecrazy).

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
I will be going dressed up as Kirby. Meaning I'll be wearing red shoes and nothing else.
I'm going as zero suit snake (just the bandana) :laugh:

Man, this is great! I usually get my games from gamecrazy since they aren't crowded and/or poorly run like the other game stores in town, and not only is the GC I pre-ordered Brawl from going to have a midnight release, they might be doing this too!

I don't think I'll be going to the Gamestop Tourney if they're having one at Gamecrazy...

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, well i guess it seems like some Game Crazy's are gonna have melee tournaments, while other stores have Brawl. I just hope dressing up isn't mandatory to enter the tournament =O I guess I could put on a fake mustache and make a hat with an "L" pretty quick though, lol.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
One of my friends is going to the midnight release at GameCrazy. He says it's a Melee tournament.

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
It's a Melee tourney here. Though the guy that's runnin' it has said "I'll decide on the rules on the day of the tournament."

And this guy is a notable tool. Should I worry about 2 minute Coin Battle VH Bob-Ombs only on Flatzone?

Top Bottom